Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: The Photography Discussion Thread

Shot from Sunday at Laguna Seca

OK!
    I am breaking the ice with these shots from Sunday at the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion, Some paddock, some track.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Savageduck View Post
    OK!
    I am breaking the ice with these shots from Sunday at the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion, Some paddock, some track.
    Hi Savageduck, welcome. Perhaps it is better to open a new thread under the Events section, where you report on the MRRM. Good to see shots from Sunday, as most people (including us) were on the Pebble lawn that day.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Wow, some nice shots.

The engine bay on that 57S is stunning - the exhausts on the Eagle are beautiful, and the shot of the DFV is very nice.

Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Hi Savageduck, welcome. Perhaps it is better to open a new thread under the Events section, where you report on the MRRM. Good to see shots from Sunday, as most people (including us) were on the Pebble lawn that day.
    Thanks.
    Do you think it would be an idea to repost these shots in the Events section?

I will submit all further shots there, and looking at my program, I guess it is RMMR now. There will be more to come.
    I hope you enjoyed the weekend, and your visit. I am a sort of local as I live an hour or so South of Monterey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Wow, some nice shots.

The engine bay on that 57S is stunning - the exhausts on the Eagle are beautiful, and the shot of the DFV is very nice.

Keep 'em coming!
    Thanks.

I will have some more posted in the Events forum soon, as that seems to be the appropriate place for shots of this weekend.

Thanks.
    Do you think it would be an idea to repost these shots in the Events section?

I will submit all further shots there, and looking at my program, I guess it is RMMR now. There will be more to come.
    I hope you enjoyed the weekend, and your visit. I am a sort of local as I live an hour or so South of Monterey.
    Yep, just repost the shots. Been to the the prehistorics too?
    We have been regulars there since 2005. (reports are being prepared now for the main page.....)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have been a forum lurker for about a year now, and I though it was time to make a contribution.
    I am a life long car nut and a reasonably well equipped photography hobbyist. I was at Laguna Seca this weekend for the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion. I have some interesting shots, and I was not sure of the protocol for posting in these forums. Pleas provide some guidance.
    In the meantime, here is a 1934 Morgan 3-Wheeler running through the "Corkscrew" sized with a dimension of 800x533 and about 168 kb.
    Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums!

I like your shots by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I like your shots by the way.
    Thanks for that.
    I will be posting some of the shots I have taken when I have had the opportunity. Some at local events, and some just targets of opportunity.

For now here is a Cord parked on our local main St. and couple from a Warbirds show we had out at the local airport. A 1916 Lancia Theta, and a Ford Frontenac Indy car, built by Louis Chevrolet and raced by his brother Gaston.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just wondering, is anyone thinking about the Nikon D7000?

I really want it, it'd be a very fitting upgrade to the D40.

But I can't afford it.

Just wondering, is anyone thinking about the Nikon D7000?

I really want it, it'd be a very fitting upgrade to the D40.

But I can't afford it.
    Actually it should be more than that. It is best described as an upgrade to the D90 &/or the D5000. It is up there between the D90 and the D300s. It gains a magnesium alloy body shell and twin SD slots (you have no idea how great it is to have extra memory on board when you have been a shooting fool!)
    It has a new 16MB CMOS sensor and 1040 HD video(if you are into that sort of thing.)
    ...and if you want to hunt down some old used lenses it will accommodate older AF & AF-D, and non-CPU lenses.

The D7000 promises to be a great DSLR, at $1,199 for the body, or $1,499 with the 18-105mm kit lens is not bad at all.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Actually it should be more than that. It is best described as an upgrade to the D90 &/or the D5000. It is up there between the D90 and the D300s. It gains a magnesium alloy body shell and twin SD slots (you have no idea how great it is to have extra memory on board when you have been a shooting fool!)
    It has a new 16MB CMOS sensor and 1040 HD video(if you are into that sort of thing.)
    ...and if you want to hunt down some old used lenses it will accommodate older AF & AF-D, and non-CPU lenses.

The D7000 promises to be a great DSLR, at $1,199 for the body, or $1,499 with the 18-105mm kit lens is not bad at all.
    I should edit that- it's a very fitting upgrade to my D40.

That is if I could afford it.

I should edit that- it's a very fitting upgrade to my D40.

That is if I could afford it.
    Well, not impossibly unaffordable.
    If you were able to put your finances together for a D40, you could certainly plan, and save for a D7000, say 6 months down the line. By then street prices should have stabilized, and that sticker price could be cut at some of the more reputable online vendors such as B&H, or Adorama by then.

Now what I truly wish I could afford, are some of the vehicles all of us lust after in these pages.
    …sigh!
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

I managed to buy a D40 for about 320 € two years ago or so.
    Now we (me and the lady) are looking fo an upgrade in the D90 territory, but not only that would cost around 1.000 € with a good lens (in the 105 mm range), it is also quite difficult to justify that cost for a far from professional use.

A friend of mine recently bought a D90 with a 16-85 lens. It's just... wow, but it's also 1.100 €.
    I have quite a list of things, and a new so expensive camera is not on top of it. Buying a car, insurance, new appartment, university books/taxes, new laptop (as in a working laptop) etc etc.

Given a better overall financial situation, I can defenitely see myself buying such a camera though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Well, not impossibly unaffordable.
    If you were able to put your finances together for a D40, you could certainly plan, and save for a D7000, say 6 months down the line. By then street prices should have stabilized, and that sticker price could be cut at some of the more reputable online vendors such as B&H, or Adorama by then.

Now what I truly wish I could afford, are some of the vehicles all of us lust after in these pages.
    …sigh!
    True, but I am in Leon's position- I'm a university student, I need to concentrate on my studies.

Happy enough with my D40, but I can say there were a few shots that I missed that I might have caught with a higher end body.

But yes, in the future, I'd get one when I have the financial means for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I managed to buy a D40 for about 320 € two years ago or so.
    Now we (me and the lady) are looking fo an upgrade in the D90 territory, but not only that would cost around 1.000 € with a good lens (in the 105 mm range), it is also quite difficult to justify that cost for a far from professional use.

A friend of mine recently bought a D90 with a 16-85 lens. It's just... wow, but it's also 1.100 €.
    I have quite a list of things, and a new so expensive camera is not on top of it. Buying a car, insurance, new appartment, university books/taxes, new laptop (as in a working laptop) etc etc.

Given a better overall financial situation, I can defenitely see myself buying such a camera though.
    Yup, I know the feeling.

True, but I am in Leon's position- I'm a university student, I need to concentrate on my studies.

Happy enough with my D40, but I can say there were a few shots that I missed that I might have caught with a higher end body.

But yes, in the future, I'd get one when I have the financial means for it.
    Well, I am at the other end of the age and experience spectrum, having removed myself from the rat race food chain by retiring last year. That leaves me more time to play with my toys, and indulge in photography which I neglected for many years.

You are not going to miss too much with the D40. It is a perfectly capable camera, and should still give you reasonable service. I don't know what lens(es) you are currently using, but if you want to improve the performance of the D40 consider investing in better glass for the day you do upgrade your camera.

Keep your eye on the prize and I am sure the upgrades to cameras and vehicles will be within reach sooner than you think.
    Regards,
    Savageduck

Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Thread Information