Thread: A Ferrari FX?????????

A Ferrari FX?????????

if anyone knows anything about this, please post any info on the car

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    I've never seen it before, but judging from the mirrors it's a rebodied Testarossa, which is also the car parked next to it. The fact that the pics are taken in a US museum would indicate that the design is already quite old.

The Sultan of Brunie owns one of these. I think it's a concept that the Sultan had custom built for him.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    The Sultan of Brunie owns one of these. I think it's a concept that the Sultan had custom built for him.
    there is only build one of them. it was made for the sultan of brunei, but he sold it to a american billionaire, who lives in Los Angeles...
    he owns about 50 other cars, which the has placed in his own little museum, where people can come look at the cars and even sit in some of them... the money he earn from the museum goes to charity
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I've never seen it before, but judging from the mirrors it's a rebodied Testarossa, which is also the car parked next to it. The fact that the pics are taken in a US museum would indicate that the design is already quite old.
    It is from 1996... would you concider that old?

Some info and some more pics of the car...
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jones.dk
    It is from 1996... would you concider that old?

Some info and some more pics of the car...
    In terms of showcars, yes, but I was only guessing as I didn't know how the car got there. The use of the original Testarossa mirrors, which were abandoned pretty soon also made me think it was older. Anyway it appears that it was based on the 512TR, which basically is the Testarossa.

Yeah its called the Ferrari FX it is one of the sickest Ferrari's in the world. I know alot of people that would pick that car over the enzo because its just so rare. The Sultan of Brunei is said to have paid over a million for the car and he has at least FIVE of them!

Ferrari F60 / FX / Ferrari Enzo

I have read this on a website:

"Apr 17, 2002 - The design prototype of Ferrari's fastest road car ever, the Ferrari FX will debut in Tokyo at 'Artedinamica: Ferrari and Maserati at the Contemporary Art Museum of Tokyo' on April 26th, and from April 27th to July 14th the exhibition will be open to the public.

With this surprise move, Ferrari has decided that the new Ferrari FX will be seen by its enthusiastic Japanese buyers and the public at large several months before the Paris Motor Show in late September. After all, the ultimate Ferrari has been designed by a Japanese talent: Ken Okuyama who worked for Pininfarina until last year and who also designed the 2000 Pininfarina Ferrari 'Rossa' concept.

To Europeans the decision to reveal the car in Japan first might sound as an offence, but business is business and Japan is positively a fantastic market for Ferrari, not just for cars but for merchandising as well.

So here we have the first official picture of what Ferrari still call by the project code FX, while some members of the press say it will be called F60 (as it carries on the tradition of the GTO, F40 and F50), and others say it will be called 'Enzo'.

The front end uses design elements from the Ferrari Formula 1 cars, with an elongated nose sprouting vertical blades that integrate with the large air intakes. The bodyside features boldly defined air intakes above an F1-style base plate. The rear end features four taillamps raised above the body form, similar to the design shown on the Rossa concept. The elements of the design are strongly defined, with the fender forms encapsulating the central cabin, and seemingly linked to it only by floating wings or base plates, further strengthening the links to the Ferrari race cars.

The all-carbon fibre Ferrari FX is powered by a V12 engine said to deliver between 560 and 600 HP and good enough for a top speed of 340 kph. However the official performance is expected to remain confidential until the Ferrari FX, according to the company 'is officially presented at the Paris Auto Show on September 26th', where it is going to 'represent the ultimate expression of technological transfer from F1 to Ferrari’s road-going GTs, the conception of which has always benefited from racing experience at the highest level'.

According to reports published in Italy the price is expected to range between 800,000 and 1 million Euro."

What do you think about this??

I think that Enzo was to be called "Ferrari FX" but now they called FX to a new ferrari....
    •·.·΄―`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·΄―`·.·•
    •·.·΄―`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·΄―`·.·•

yes the enzo was codenamed FX before production, but this one is a different FX, not in relation to the enzo
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    the pics are from this museum.
    www.marconimuseum.org

as i'm looking at it, yes it does highly resemble testarossa / 512tr, by looking at the door windows.

i was just looking at the rear of the FX, and I must say that kinda has both the front end AND the rear end of the enzo stacked on top of each other... maybe thats where the enzo's body lines came from?
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

Ferrari FX - Sultan of Brunei

Hi all,

There were three FXs made as prototypes of the 360 Modena concept which where all sold to the Sultan of Brunei on his special request. One is blue now at the Marconi museum in the US and the other yellow and red ones are resting in the Sultan's oversized garage. He received his FXs just before he received his re-bodied version of the F50.

Just ask if you need more info.

O.

Thread Information