Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Bahrain GP

I didn't get a chance to see the race, but it sounds like it was a good one, which is good. I really hope that the battle between Honda, McLaren, Ferrari and Renault continues. I also hope that Button gets a win soon and Kimi can win once without starting from the back of the grid!!!!

PS - Does anyone know a torrent site where I might be able to download the race, preferrably for free?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    I didn't get a chance to see the race, but it sounds like it was a good one, which is good. I really hope that the battle between Honda, McLaren, Ferrari and Renault continues. I also hope that Button gets a win soon and Kimi can win once without starting from the back of the grid!!!!

PS - Does anyone know a torrent site where I might be able to download the race, preferrably for free?
    Go to bittorrent.com and search for it. I missed the race as well, I woke up this morning and it was at the post race ceremony

I suspect that this year will be one of the best years ever. Three equal drivers in equal cars going for the championship. Its a very long time since Schumacher was beaten by another driver in an equal car (back to the days of the Hakkinen-Schumacher battles), but Alonso did it. Without doubt, Alonso and Raikkonen are now equal to Schumacher. Schumacher is now driving a little below his peak capabilities of a few seasons ago, whereas Raikkonen and Alonso now have the maturity to match their speed and a near the peak of their capabilities. Result is this will be very close. I'm looking forward to.
    Liked the way Alonso came out of the last pit stop and basically drove Schumacher to the edge of the track as if to say get out of the way old man.
    Couple of seasons back Schumacher would've got past. Now he can't.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Dont forget Alonso's last pit stop they were one second FASTER than Schumi's so getting Alonso out ahead of him. Without that I reckon Alonso woudl have been second Give teh team it's due credit too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Dont forget Alonso's last pit stop they were one second FASTER than Schumi's so getting Alonso out ahead of him. Without that I reckon Alonso woudl have been second Give teh team it's due credit too
    That is actually what Alonso did over the radio during his lap after the finish.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hopefully Kimi's problems can be fixed and he can be even more competitive. If only he could have had a repeat of what he did at the Japanese GP in 2005

Although the team wouldn't have needed to be so super quick in the pitstop if it weren't for the fact that Alonso got no blue flags at all when approaching the backmarkers.

He lost vital tenths there and things should have been a bit more comfortable for FA.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

so whos getting up at 5 in the morning sat. and sun. again to watch the malay grand prix (jumps up screaming ME ME ME) i have a friend who lived in malaysia. i might end up spending the weekend at his place and watch it with him
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    so whos getting up at 5 in the morning sat. and sun. again to watch the malay grand prix (jumps up screaming ME ME ME) i have a friend who lived in malaysia. i might end up spending the weekend at his place and watch it with him
    move to the right time zone......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Although the team wouldn't have needed to be so super quick in the pitstop if it weren't for the fact that Alonso got no blue flags at all when approaching the backmarkers.

He lost vital tenths there and things should have been a bit more comfortable for FA.
    Yeah, but in the middle of the second stint Michael got held up by other backmarkers and Alonso managed to catch up a few seconds.
    You can't nail it down to one specific moment, sometimes it goes your way and other times it doesn't, it all balances out in the end. They both drove a good race and both deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    move to the right time zone......
    last year i was and last year i almost won a pair of tickets
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yes, the team deserves a lot of the credit. Still, I think Alonso was appropriately aggressive on the exit. Most of the other drivers would've been put off by Schumacher steaming into the corner on warm tyres and intending to take the racing line and left him room to take the lead.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Well, the race had it's ups and downs.

First half of the race was just boring, almost put me to sleep.
    Second half had some great points, like the Alonso pit (getting out in front of Mike), the driving of Rosberg who amazed everyone, Raikkonen jumping 19 spots from P22, Yuji Ide nearly killing one of his crewmen by hitting him w/ his car, and an attempt by Schumey to pass Alonso w/ a few laps left.

I think the race could be better, but the season looks quite promising, with Bridgestone being competetive, Ferrari, Honda, and BMW-Sauber looking better, and the rule changes turning F1 towards a more positive light.

4 fastest laps belonged to Rosberg, Schuey, Alonso and Webber. Williams obiously have some pace there then and Sam Michael claimed running long in the first stint wasnt the best strategic choice. Will be interesting in Malaysia if Honda and Williams can get those last few things together and see if they can truly go toe to toe with Renault, McLaren and Ferrari.
    I am the Stig

Wow! fantastic beginning to what promises to be a great season. Didn't watch it Live. Just saw it, so I'd avoided this site and Sports channels, etc.

It's amazing how all the teams already have such reliable machines, other than Fisichella's BMW.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Thread Information