Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2007

Well that is certainly one current rumour doing the rounds.

I would be surprised if he doesnt return though for the rest of the season. Its not like hes announced a sudden interest in American racing and called a few of his old Champ Car buddies or something JPM style. JV though has been impressive in a number of his drives this year, and Heidfeld and himself are arguably the closest matched teammates
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Ive read that he might not be seen for the rest of the season, that kubica will more than likely take the seat. Has more to do with problems at HQ than the crash. Maybe he, as I have, have ruffled too many feathers.
    Mario Theissen wouldn't all of a sudden give JV the kick out the door. I wouldn't be surprised if "Quick" Nick got the kick if his contract was only one year...
    I see Kubica in when Nick's contract is out. BMW needs a veteran like JV. His years of experience can prove helpful for the team.

Thats a long wait, Heidfeld is in till the end of '08
    I am the Stig

Well, according to many publications including ITV, Williams have promoted Wurz to the race seat alongside Rosberg for next year.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36893
    I am the Stig

I'm suprised Williams have been so hasty in deciding their driver line-up for next year. Teams only usually only do that when they want to announce a big superstar signing that will help bring in the sponsors etc. No disrespect to the guy, but Alex Wurz is hardly a name to set the Williams fans' and sponsors' tongues wagging. It's pretty far from the most thrilling driver lineup in the world. One driver who is a consistent yet unspectacular workhorse on the testing scene but with very little great racing experience, and the other is a bright prospect who after a stunning start to the season hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in the last few months. Rosberg will need to iron out the stupid rookie errors very quickly if he's going to develop into a potential team leader. So unless Nico pulls out a blinder before the end of the season it looks like another year without a proven race winner behind the wheel of a Williams.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Mario Theissen wouldn't all of a sudden give JV the kick out the door. I wouldn't be surprised if "Quick" Nick got the kick if his contract was only one year...
    I see Kubica in when Nick's contract is out. BMW needs a veteran like JV. His years of experience can prove helpful for the team.

a) Heidfeld is German
    b) JV is Way past his prime, though this year has seen him done quite well, he is still on the way out instead of in.
    c) Kubica will definitely be in a seat.

I don't see JV staying, there is little need for a veteran like JV who has really done nothing since 1997.....he's proven he is still quick this year, but unfortunetely he is not what BMW would need to take to the next level with.

Much like Coulthard really, you can expect results from them, but when you need to be up there fighting for WDC and answering your executives these are not the drivers you need....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Webber is prolly going to Renault

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well, according to many publications including ITV, Williams have promoted Wurz to the race seat alongside Rosberg for next year.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36893
    Is this the sillyest season ever?
    Zag when they Zig

Williams have confirmed the line up.

I reckon the obvious one....

Ferrari: Kimi & Schumi
    Renault: Fisi and Webber

What of McMerc? We could see Dennis going mental and putting Paffett & Hamilton in the race seats - that would be great, though I'm not sure Mercedes would have it and I'm even less sure that's the way Ron will go, but it is a possibility.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Renault: Fisi and Webber
    I'd really like to see that!
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling

What of McMerc? We could see Dennis going mental and putting Paffett & Hamilton in the race seats - that would be great, though I'm not sure Mercedes would have it and I'm even less sure that's the way Ron will go, but it is a possibility.

Well it'll be Alonso + one of those 2....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Mark Webber loses Willams seat

Mark Webber has been relaced by Wurtz at Willams, he been driving that POS around all year and Sir Frank(d#ckhead) replaces him Hopefully he will get a decent ride with Renault at least their cars seem to last a whole race.

Transcript courtesy of F1.com

Wurz lands 2007 Williams race seat

02 August 2006

Williams have announced their race line-up for next season, with third driver Alexander Wurz stepping up to replace Mark Webber as Nico Rosberg’s team mate.

It will be Wurz’s first full campaign as a Formula One race driver since 2000, his last of three seasons with Benetton. He subsequently spent four years as a McLaren tester before joining Williams at the start of 2005.

“My natural habitat is racing, so I couldn’t be happier to have received Williams’ vote of confidence for this job next season,” said the Austrian. “Of course I know the team well having been a part of the race programme at every Grand Prix this season, but now my role takes on additional responsibility and I am really looking forward to this.”

Commenting on the new line-up, team boss Frank Williams said: “Alex brings us important technical continuity and understanding of the car and as well as being an excellent communicator with our engineers, he is ultra-competitive during the Friday ‘full tank’ practice sessions. Alex will be a great racing driver for us as he is one of the few men I have seen in a wheel banging confrontation with Michael Schumacher and come out on top!

“Retaining Nico for next year was not a tough decision. He has shown great promise so far in his debut season and I know he will build on this with every race. As much as taking great pleasure in confirming Alex and Nico for next season, I must also commend Mark Webber for his contribution to the team over the past two seasons as he has been a credit to himself and Williams and has never let up in his pursuit of competitive success. I know Mark will give his all until the end of the season and we wish him well in his future arrangements.”

Webber has yet to make any official comment on his future plans.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

hope he goes to rbr next year with the Renault power maybe
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Apparantly Williams and Webber couldn't agree on a few issues. If Williams had taken up their option on Webber they would've had to pay a massively increased salary. Apparantly they wanted to pay Webber significantly less than now. Webber was by some media reports here in Australia willing to take a pay cut and stay with Williams, but it seems that Williams had a much bigger pay cut in mind than Webber did.
    This actually leaves Webber in a good position anyway. Once Schumacher makes up his mind on whether to retire or not, the top 3 drivers in F1 will settle their contracts (or retire). The other top drivers are all under contract, leaving Webber and Villenueve the best of the uncontracted drivers. And there will be at least one top seat available - which I think is unlikely to go to Villenueve.
    If Schumacher retires we will probably have Raikkonen/Massa at Ferrari, Webber/Fisichella at Renault and Alonso/Hamilton (most likely) at McLaren.
    If Schumacher stays we will have Schumacher/Massa at Ferrari, Raikkonen/Fisichella at Renault and Alonso/Webber at McLaren.
    Apparantly there are rumours that McLaren has offered a one year contract to Webber to be Alonso's rear gunner next year. In this scenario Hamilton will be the McLaren tester for a year with a guaranteed seat in 2008. If Schumacher stays I have no doubt he'll take it and show he has what it takes against Alonso and then possibly be in line for Honda in 2008.
    If Schumacher goes, this is good for both Webber and Hamilton. Webber gets the prize Renault seat, Hamilton an actual F1 drive, not a test role.
    Either a one year deal with McLaren or a better, more long term deal with Renault are both much better options than Williams anyway.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    hope he goes to rbr next year with the Renault power maybe
    No, bad, backwards move. He came from there when it was Jaguar. Besides, RBR already has 5 or so drivers (Coulthard, Luizzi, Klein, Speed, Janni) for 4 seats between two teams. No real room for Mark anyway.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Thread Information