Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porter death casts shadow over Bathurst.

Porter death casts shadow over Bathurst.

guys bad news (click the pic for the page it came from)

Quote Originally Posted by crash.net
    Porter death casts shadow over Bathurst.

The celebrations at Mount Panorama were cut sadly short following the news that critically-injured Fujitsu Series driver Mark Porter had succumbed to his injuries shortly after the 1000-mile event had finished.
    The Hyundai Construction Racing driver had been on life-support ever since crashing out of the supporting race on Friday and then being collected by the unsighted David Clark, who was also airlifted to hospital in a critical condition. While Clark emerged from an induced coma during the weekend, Porter failed to regain consciousness and passed away shortly after the chequered flag had fallen on the blue riband event, in which he was to have partnered Dale Brede at Team BOC.
    The driver's family expressed its appreciation of the efforts made to save his life, as well as thanking V8 officials for their support.
    "[We] wish to convey heartfelt appreciation for the efforts of the medical crews who have been involved all the way through – at the track, at the Bathurst Base Hospital and at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital - and all of those who transported Mark between those facilities," a statement issued on their behalf read, "They gave Mark every chance at life, for which we thank them."
    my best wishes go to the family
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Oh my God. That is terrible. When was the last time a driver was fatally injured in V8 supercars. My thoughts go out to his family.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Although I'm not really on to the racing over there I feel sadly to see a driver pass away. I wish all the best to his family and me he rest in peace...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

This is terrible so sad, Best wishes to his family may he race Pete soon.

It felt like a bad race event coming, Things started to go wrong all leading up to the race and to top it off after the race it's just been one of them real bad times. You could just feel it no matter what the weekend was never going to be a celebration.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

RIP to the king of the mountain and mister porter

RIP Mark, condolences to his family, when I saw the accident I thought he may be in serious trouble
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I thought he would pull through to be honest, I haven't heard of fatalities in V8 supercars before, RIP
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Its a bit surreal really. They showed the crash footage a couple of times during the telecast over the weekend, and whilst still a horrifying crash, its still a shock i suppose that theres been a fatality. After i heard David Clark regained consciousness, i thought Porter wouldnt be too far behind, but this...this definately wasnt expected.

Its just been a crazy weekend in general, already with the tribute.

Now im hoping nothing bad comes from Radisich's crash. I havent heard anything since they announced he was being checked over in hospital.
    I am the Stig

It was a nasty way to go.

Best wishes for his family.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It all came down to the fact that it happened right on the driver's side.^^(FPVGTHO) The Rat should be fine, apparently he was speaking fine when he was cut out. His crash was bloody nasty though...

And great job to Lowndes for breaking the Ford draught. It was a bit disappointing to see Skaife out so early, I was looking forward to seeing him and Bright battle it out. It's strange, both the factory teams had shockers. They were the fastest too. Once again I really feel sorry for Skaife, I know how badly he wanted it.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

My condolences go out to the family and I wish them all the best.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 10-08-2006 at 06:34 AM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Radisich was flown to Nepean Hospital in a "serious but stable" condition, but ive heard he's been flown into Sydney as he's complained of chest pains. Ontop of that hes reportedly suffered neck and ankle injuries. Theres also word the TKR car may not see a race track again this year after the damage sustained.

A bit of a worry for Paul's sake, but the team could be facing an uphill battle financially. It took SBR and PWR ages to rebuild the cars that were written off at Adelaide, but TKR at least are switching to Ford next year and are looking at some extra support there.

I guess this weekend will start (or continue) the debate on whether V8 Supercars should go for a NASCAR inspired side protection zone. IMO its too early to get into that, probably best to give Porter's family some time before delving into everything.
    I am the Stig

T-Bones as bad as what he endured are rare in V8 Supercars - less prevalent then Spin-happy NASCAR circuit designs.

I think a safety review of Bathurst might be in order - I've not seen such carnage in a long time.

So many accidents, a fatality....How ironic that it was in Memory of Peter Perfect
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Whatever happens, whatever any safety review brings up they need to be able to seperate any freak accidents from anything that seriously needs overhall in either circuit design, or roll cage structure for the cars. It could result in less flexibility from the teams in their cage designs or mandated crash testing but generally when they start changing the circuits theyre out of options.

Theyve already had to modify Bathurst before though because of a fatality, so you cant count anything out.
    I am the Stig

Bit of an update on Radisich and TKR here: http://www.car.co.nz/v8.asp?articleid=12519
    I am the Stig

Thread Information