Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: F1 2007: ING Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park

I've been wondering this for a while now, even throughout the race. Massa one-stopped. Did he actually use the soft tyre at all? I know he put on the hard tyre for his 2nd stint but it wasn't mentioned he was using softs at the start of the race.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    I've been wondering this for a while now, even throughout the race. Massa one-stopped. Did he actually use the soft tyre at all? I know he put on the hard tyre for his 2nd stint but it wasn't mentioned he was using softs at the start of the race.
    I believe he was on soft tyres for the first stint. Goes to show how good the Ferrari is on its tyres if he lasted so long on the softs. I still don't understand why Bernie and FOM rejected the idea of using a red paint on the tyre sidewall to indicate to who is on what tyre. It would make it so much easier for the fans, particularly those actually at the circuit. I hope it's not just because Champ Car use the system and they don't want to be seen copying.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

If he was on softs for that first stint, I am deeply impressed. I didn't see too much degradation on the tyres when he came in to pit. I'm also a happy bunny. Well, happy for the Ferrari win and lack of wear on the soft tyres. It does feel weird watching F1 and not seeing MS racing . Miss the legend already.
    OK I'm sleeping. When DO you sleep Jack?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I believe he was on soft tyres for the first stint. Goes to show how good the Ferrari is on its tyres if he lasted so long on the softs. I still don't understand why Bernie and FOM rejected the idea of using a red paint on the tyre sidewall to indicate to who is on what tyre. It would make it so much easier for the fans, particularly those actually at the circuit. I hope it's not just because Champ Car use the system and they don't want to be seen copying.
    Well Bridgestone have been against the idea as F1 has 4 compounds this year, unlike the 2 for CCWS. The Soft's here become the harder compound for Monaco, and the harder tyres here become the softer tyres in Bahrain.
    I am the Stig

I'm very impressed with Hamilton. OK, he probably has a very good car, but getting 3rd in your first race... isn't that a record?

Anyhow, seems like Kimi will indeed be the one to beat this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    I'm very impressed with Hamilton. OK, he probably has a very good car, but getting 3rd in your first race... isn't that a record?

Anyhow, seems like Kimi will indeed be the one to beat this season.
    No some worthless driver finished second at his debut after qualifying on pole in 1996.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That was good. My favourite was the Tak attack!

Where did you find that dydzi?
    red bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I hope it's not just because Champ Car use the system and they don't want to be seen copying.
    well, basically... YES

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    No some worthless driver finished second at his debut after qualifying on pole in 1996.
    hahaha, good one

the race wasn't too exciting, but always good to see F1 back
    i'm very satisfied with ferrari condition, they are awesomely fast! massa did half of the race with tyres barrichello couldn't stand for 20 laps... well i reckon ferrari knew in winter something that rest wasn't informed about (why the hell did they lenghten wheelbase first time for many years )

i'm impressed by hamilton as well... good debut of him, well he's got a pretty fast car for sure but he didn't make any mistakes and had fairly good strategy (but not as good as alonso haha). i'm itching to see next races of him

the biggest drama of the race was kubica's gearbox problem... 4th pos in the first race would be great achievement, in an interview after the race you could see how angry he was

webber was quite disappointing, after 7th in qualis and good pace he shouldn't fall that much behind

i was hoping super aguri would do a bit better, hmm they'll work a bit harder and they can fight for points
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post

webber was quite disappointing, after 7th in qualis and good pace he shouldn't fall that much behind
    Well he had a few issues with his fuel flap. First, it needed to be manually opened for his first pitstop, delaying him quite a bit. Then it opened during his 2nd stint, playing havoc with the car balance as it disrupted the airflow over the rear wing.

Up untill that first stop, it was all going well for him.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Well he had a few issues with his fuel flap. First, it needed to be manually opened for his first pitstop, delaying him quite a bit. Then it opened during his 2nd stint, playing havoc with the car balance as it disrupted the airflow over the rear wing.

Up untill that first stop, it was all going well for him.
    ah yes i saw it opened

thanks for the info
    12 cylinders or walk!

The BEST KIMI RAIKKONEN

Next start agein...

Overall I enjoyed the race. I was pleasantly surprised by the pace of Hamilton, but annoyed how surprise surprise Alonso overtook him. [cough]team orders[/cough]

Personally I would've wished Kovalainen to do better, but I believe his performance will improve significantly as the season progresses.

Heidfeld, Fisichella and Rosberg also did better than I had expected, and even Sato seems to have a fast car.

The Honda's were dissapoinments as expected, although I'm surprised to see Button finish behind Barrichello. Webber and Coulthard also just as bad as expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    It does feel weird watching F1 and not seeing MS racing . Miss the legend already.
    I couldn't disagree more. With him gone, F1 took a turn for the better. I've never liked him, at all, it's just something about his personality. I'm sincerely wishing for his brother to retire as well so that name wouldn't pop up on the screen any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by terminatorche View Post
    The BEST KIMI RAIKKONEN

Next start agein...
    Ten-four.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Well technically the best ever debutant is Giuseppe Farina, which maganed to take the pole, fastest lap and winning on his first ever Formula 1 race...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well technically the best ever debutant is Giuseppe Farina, which maganed to take the pole, fastest lap and winning on his first ever Formula 1 race...
    Yeah that was everybody's first F1 race.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yeah that was everybody's first F1 race.
    Not mine.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Dnes gledahme edin neveroqten Kimi kojto napravo razbi konkurenciqta ...
    Sled dve sedmici shte povtori upragnenieto
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information