Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

The sad thing is that every bit of excitement was caused by very silly mistakes, which seems to be the norm. The only exception was Massa's move, although it can be argued that both cars in front ran wide. It was nevertheless a ballsy move to throw his car in there. Too bad it was all for nothing.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I thought it was a great sign of respect for Kimi to act in such a manner.

I like that he wasn't a hothead; he even admitted he made a mistake in Monaco the last week.

Frankly, things turned out not so bad for Kimi who may well have dropped more points to Lewis if Lewis coulda got by Kimi in the next round of pitstops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    It was nevertheless a ballsy move to throw his car in there. Too bad it was all for nothing.
    Why was it for nothing? He got sufficient points to tie for second in the championship.

One thing I don't understand is why he pitted in two subsequent laps or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Why was it for nothing? He got sufficient points to tie for second in the championship.

Frankly, he should have won the race. Ferrari screwed things up.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Really glad for BMW, great drive by Kubica.

Now if they can keep this up, hopefully we'll have at least 4 contenders for the championship. Who knows, maybe even 6.

Seems like despite the ridiculous rules (grooved slicks) and scandals (everyone knows what I'm referring to here I think), F1 seems to be returning to something worth watching on a regular basis again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Seems like despite the ridiculous rules (grooved slicks) and scandals (everyone knows what I'm referring to here I think), F1 seems to be returning to something worth watching on a regular basis again.
    Mainly because of the idiots behind the wheel, who can hardly keep the cars on the track, or fail to spot a red light.

(Ted Joans)

better ask Ferrari racing director

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano Dominecali
    Felipe drove an exceptional race. Unfortunately, we had a problem with the refueling rig when he made a pit stop during the safety car period - a joint in the fuel line broke and no fuel went in - and we had to call him in next time round for a further stop that dropped him to the back of the field.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Couldn't respond yesterday - problems with the Internet Congratulations to Kubica, the team and our Polish members - that was a great run.
    And the pit lane seems to become more and more dangerous place...

I thought it was a great sign of respect for Kimi to act in such a manner.

I like that he wasn't a hothead; he even admitted he made a mistake in Monaco the last week.

Frankly, things turned out not so bad for Kimi who may well have dropped more points to Lewis if Lewis coulda got by Kimi in the next round of pitstops.
    I think Kimi's going to be driving alot differently from now on considering hes gotten 0 points from 2 rounds now. Early in the year he was cruising, especially when Ferrari had a noticeable performance gap over McLaren and Massa kept spinning off track. Now theres not much between the cars, Massa and Hamilton are about equal with him in the championship and BMW are posing more of a threat.
    I am the Stig

Having watched it again you have to respect Lewis Hamiltons skill as a race driver.

WHen he realised the pit lights were at red and he locked up he then had the presence of mind to realise he was going to hit the BMW and managed to put in enough steering input to spear Kimi

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yeah, Hamilton had power to choose a race winner...

This may well have been the most entertaining race in over 30 months in F1! Albeit for varying reasons, however if this is what it takes for an F1 race to be exciting, then let's see more of it.

good race. rainkonen was hit by karma me thinks!! good race by the bmw boys and alot of underdogs showed through. go on red bull!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Yeah, Hamilton had power to choose a race winner...

lol....thats exactly how I saw it as well...

I like the Montreal track and the race being eventful and all, but they need to find a richer backer to keep the place in shape for the race.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post

Though, I will have to say you cannot write off Kubica in the title chase. He's pretty much the dark horse in the title chase now
    How does this race make him suddenly a threat, besides having more points. Was the only reason he won not that the front runners crapped out?

If the whole field was involved in a massive pile up and Bourdais managed to slip through all the wreckage and win the race, would he be the dark horse?

Thread Information