Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda set to quit F1

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I got one pound too. but I lack of 40 Bazillions, and I don't like Button.
    So screw him, we own the team he's fired.

I call team principle, CEO, president, technical director, head aerodynamicist, and first driver.

Ferrer I name you chief consultant and Leon you are associate technical director.

I demmand second driver as well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

me can be designer plz? andI want to be the man with the lolly-pop too (huge jokes I preview...)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I demmand second driver as well.
    Ask and you shall receive.

me can be designer plz? andI want to be the man with the lolly-pop too (huge jokes I preview...)
    Leon, as CEO, Team Principle, President, Technical Director, and Head Aerodynamicist, I will let you be both the Designer and Lolly-Pop man. We shall not use that electric light system as though even thought it may not be to blame for Ferrari's mistakes, it is simply cooler to have a lolly pop man.

Now we need a test driver or several as some F1 teams have for reasons unbeknownst to me but knownst to them

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ask and you shall receive.

Leon, as CEO, Team Principle, President, Technical Director, and Head Aerodynamicist, I will let you be both the Designer and Lolly-Pop man. We shall not use that electric light system as though even thought it may not be to blame for Ferrari's mistakes, it is simply cooler to have a lolly pop man.

Now we need a test driver or several as some F1 teams have for reasons unbeknownst to me but knownst to them
    As the Designer, I will design the car around your bodies so you couldn't step off the cars. in this way we will save: time (time is money), space (made to measure chassis), and even more money, 'cause you are going to be the test drivers too. we will also gain in rigidity, as you are going to be an integral part of the chassis as the engine for example, weight balance, as you would be positioned to lower the CG with your butts, and reliability too, because being a non removable part, you are going to be much safer to run than the average removable driver.
    other gains are the fact that you couldn't get fatty because there is no extra room for your fat, you can't get late to work, and you are going to be alway considered as a central part of the car. the dream of every driver.

that said, why is Honda selling the team for just 1£ if they have passed the whole 2008 season investing for 2009?!

Can I get in on this too? I know it's a bigger investment for me, what is 1 pound these days? $1.80? $2? I can throw down the big money for a spot on the team. I would like to be team photographer and one of the guys who coaches the drivers I can't remember what they are called but they do the strategy for one of the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Can I get in on this too? I know it's a bigger investment for me, what is 1 pound these days? $1.80? $2? I can throw down the big money for a spot on the team. I would like to be team photographer and one of the guys who coaches the drivers I can't remember what they are called but they do the strategy for one of the drivers.
    Scion you are in as official Team Photographer and you can be a Driver Engineer (which is what I think you are referring to). You can be mine or Ferrer's, it's really up to you.

fellows, it's time to take over the Honda F1 Team, officially:

Statement by Takeo Fukui, President and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

December 5, 2008 – We, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., have come to the conclusion that we will withdraw from all Formula One activities, making 2008 the last season of participation.

This difficult decision has been made in light of the quickly deteriorating operating environment facing the global auto industry, brought on by the sub-prime problem in the United States, the deepening credit crisis and the sudden contraction of the world economies.

Honda must protect its core business activities and secure the long term as widespread uncertainties in the economies around the globe continue to mount. A recovery is expected to take some time.

Under these circumstances, Honda has taken swift and flexible measures to counter this sudden and expansive weakening of the marketplace in all business areas. However, in recognition of the need to optimize the allocation of management resources, including investment regarding the future, we have decided to withdraw from Formula One participation. We will enter into consultation with the associates of Honda Racing F1 Team and its engine supplier Honda Racing Development regarding the future of the two companies. This will include offering the team for sale.

In its third era of Formula One activities, Honda has been participating in Formula One races from the 2000 season, initially with BAR, by adopting a new format of jointly developing racing machines. Subsequently, in a move to meet the changing environment surrounding Formula One, we switched to running a 100% Honda-owned team commencing with the 2006 season.

Surmounting many challenges, the Honda Team achieved a Grand Prix victory in 2006, enabling Honda to receive overwhelming support from Honda fans around the world that were looking forward to greater success. It, therefore, has been an extremely difficult decision for us to come to this conclusion without having been able to fully meet the expectations of our fans.

By making the best of what we have learned during these times of economic turmoil, coupled with the spirit of challenge gained through active participation in racing, we intend to continue with our commitment in meeting new challenges.

Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank our fans and all those who have supported Honda's Formula One efforts, including everyone in the world of Formula One.

Thank you very much.

Takeo Fukui
    President and CEO
    Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

Aw, damn. I didn´t see the team was for sale. So, what´s the new name of Honda F1? "Kitdy, Ferrer & Leon" does sound more like a law firm, doesn´t it?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Aw, damn. I didn´t see the team was for sale. So, what´s the new name of Honda F1? "Kitdy, Ferrer & Leon" does sound more like a law firm, doesn´t it?
    rumors of the team being up for sale surfaced yesterday

"KFL Racing/Motorsports" sounds good though

So it´s done then! Test your new car against the winner of Ra´s chariot and the GTR, and you´ll do fine in 2009.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

rumors of the team being up for sale surfaced yesterday

"KFL Racing/Motorsports" sounds good though
    I like KFL Motorsports.

It makes it sound more like a profesional racing team and less like three blokes who bought some buildings and stuff for £1.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like KFL Motorsports.

It makes it sound more like a profesional racing team and less like three blokes who bought some buildings and stuff for £1.
    seriously, we should buy it, and move its legal HQ to USA, and then let it go bankruptcy (obviously we are not going to find 40 Gigabillions under the carpet). if we are lucky enough, we can gain some bucks from the bailout.

and then, one day, we will tell our nephews that we owned an F1 Team, for about 4 months, from december to mars, the beginning of the championship when we are going to say: "hey Bernie, do you really think we were serious?!"

seriously, we should buy it, and move its legal HQ to USA, and then let it go bankruptcy (obviously we are not going to find 40 Gigabillions under the carpet). if we are lucky enough, we can gain some bucks from the bailout.

and then, one day, we will tell our nephews that we owned an F1 Team, for about 4 months, from december to mars, the beginning of the championship when we are going to say: "hey Bernie, do you really think we were serious?!"
    Why not just buy the team and sell all the carbon fiber backscratchers, toliet-paper rolls, and spoons. We could make £999999999999 easily.
    I want to be Director of Finance.
    .. and I want to design the "lazers" that go on the car.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

hellcat, you are the Director of Finance - your goal is to make sure that the owners are properly compensated - this is out primary goal as a business/race team as winning will clearly be impossible.

Thread Information