Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WOW, actualy song played from abram tank

Latest figure from an unsuspected source, the US Army. Percentage foreigners killed in Falujah: Less than 5. Could it be that some Iraqi's really don't like Americans? (Percentage foreigners in the coalition forces: ??)

And yes the Geneva Rules are only for those who want to fight a civilised war (if such a thing exists). As long as the Western world claims to subscribe those rules then we should act accordingly. We cannot expect however that our "enemies" will do the same. And yes, the shooting of Margaret Hassan is a despicable act, but could it be that it happened when her captors were trying to flee from Fallujah (or wherever they were) and she had just become a liability?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    If you want your own version, thats ur problem. I never really asked u: "Hey, do u follow a religion or not?
    You said "Maybe you should try getting a religion and see whats it like. "
    I replied with my point of view. You seem to have bad reactions to other peoples points of view when they dont suit you.
    I asked: Are people who live their religion extreme? Y'know what? Give me one point in the Bible or the Quran that says: You can eat A but not B and another that says you can eat B but not A. Show me the proof.
    Well if it doesnt then why do religious people do these things as part of their religion. It is actually my point. "Religion" to me is the denomination or school of faith. Catholic, Jew, Mulsim, Baptist. These people take the bible and create laws and meanings from the word printed there. The bible itself has so many meanings to different faiths. That is why I dont follow a faith becasue I cant decide whos version is the right one. I think this means we may agree on something but Im not willing to bet.
    And who said ALL people live only by the rules that suit them? I will GIVE you NAMES of PEOPLE who DO. Only thing is, u dont know them. Just because you think everyone is the way you think, u judge them like that. You think everybody outside US thinks ure a warmongerer. How the hell would you know when you havent even met 0.5% of the world's population?
    "Just because I think everyone is the way I think"?? What does that mean. Dont you think people are the way you think they are or do you think they are the way you dont think they are? That my freind is BS as you so eloquently term it. I dont think everyone outside the US thinks they are warmongers whatever point you are tryng to make with that.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information