Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you think that Volvo is cool?

how can you possible get in that?

Yeah, Volvos are cool! Some of the models look great, especially the R models.

It's mainly the older models that really pull the pensioners, and more recent models Volvos are starting to appeal to younger buyers. Another few years, and Volvos could be just as creditable younger peoples cars as Fords, VWs, and the rest. I sure hope so, as Volvo make great cars and deserve to be recognised as more than just a four-door invalid carriage for wrinklies.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

ZerK, for your information, a fully rallye prepared PV544 is currently participating in the Tour Auto. Amazons have a good reputation as circuit cars as well.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Gabman
    Yeah, the old Golf II was really pretty...

I drive a Volvo 121 Amazon '69 every day to school, my dad own like 10 cars and they are all Volvos... They are reliable, some are fast, most are goodlooking and I love them all.
    I mean the present German competitors like, BMW's/ Merc's/ Audi's/ VW Passet etc.

Cool lamborghini murchiellago

In my opinion it is the best and the most beautiful supercar.What do you think;

Quote Originally Posted by thanos

WTF!!!!!!
    carnt think
    carnt spell!

Quote Originally Posted by thanos
    could very well be, but has nothing to do with Volvos
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yea we're way off topic, if you want to talk about the murc go to the BMW 5 concept vs. Lamborghini gallardo thread. they were talking about the murc last time i was there

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    I mean the present German competitors like, BMW's/ Merc's/ Audi's/ VW Passet etc.
    Then why are you talking about Volvos being all blocky? Compare 80's cars to 80's cars, and 90's cars to 90's cars.

The biggest problem with the "older" Volvos (1980's and before) is IMO the _soft_ suspension.
    Last edited by Gabman; 04-25-2004 at 03:17 PM.
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

there was an oldish volvo out at the track day i went to recently ( there is a thread somewhere on the site) and it was going 10/10ths. he was a full 3 seconds quicker then a rx-3! (both were fantastic to watch) the drivers were good mates and were trying to knock eachothers name for their class's trophy! simply amazing!

i think volvo is a great brand. offer me one and i will take it.. i would take any car you offered me however!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Hey Matra, not cool! Some Volvo's are far from dull! I love all the T5 and R models even the blocky ones cause I think they look really cool.

The S60R is awesome, and I think the XC90 is a pretty cool car aswell.

I'm a big fan of Volvo I think they are a brand on the way up!

Don't you dare diss Volvo again!

Thank you!
    Jari asked Do any of you think that Volvo is cool? You should not be surprised if you get negative comments. Volvos reputation was long earned for safety and safety = not cool. Their designs have encaptulated all that is boring up until recently. It will take more than a few overly clever ads and pleadings from the faithful to turn around deep seated attitudes. By all means keep trying. For myself there is too much else out there to choose from, that I like better to ever contemplate a Volvo in my drive way.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

My dad used to have a 340, does that explane why I don't like Volvo's. Cause the 340 is ugly as hell...

Cool

hey don’t you dear diss Volvo, my dad has a 1999 s80 T6 and before that he had a T5 850 1996, i think the s80 is better then e39 5 series and w202 E class. You would say the same thing if you had one, it’s a great car.

And there is nothing wrong with been safe..

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    hey don’t you dear diss Volvo, my dad has a .........:
    'NUFF SAID
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    'NUFF SAID

Thread Information