Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind Turbine hit by U.F.O

Wind Turbine hit by U.F.O

Taken from the BBC WEBSITE (video shows the damage)
    UFO researchers are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and had another badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.

"One saw what they at first thought was a low-flying aircraft on the Saturday evening and another heard a loud banging in the early hours of Sunday," he said.

"This is the second most reports of activity we have ever had - I have had over 30 phone calls and emails.

"To hit two of the blades, any object must have been about 170ft long."

The Ministry of Defence said it was not looking into the incident.

A spokesman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"Unless there's evidence of a potential threat, there's no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported."
    May the downforce be with you

Haha, sweet.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I love how the MoD are 'not looking into the incident'
    May the downforce be with you

Gotta love UFOlogists

So nothing coudl hit the 2 blades unless it was at least 170ft loong ?
    and if the blades were SPINNING ?
    Or how about one blade breaks and HITS the other !
    THere a hundreds of plausible reasons and yet this article gets published with a UFO slant

GOtta love British journalist professionalism !!!!

I'd put up a bet on the "conclusion" will be stress fracture of blade and it hit the other.

Bet the journo won't bother to come back on it and report the "truth"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Gotta love UFOlogists

THere a hundreds of plausible reasons and yet this article gets published with a UFO slant

I'd put up a bet on the "conclusion" will be stress fracture of blade and it hit the other.

I think they will:

"reportedly the wind turbine accident was caused by the failure of one of the blades, which falling apart damaged the second one. the failure was caused by extraterrestrial humanoids who purposedly cracked the first blade"
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Gotta love UFOlogists

Put yourself in the place of the reporter. Gaza is a laboratory of horror, Russia has cut gas supplies to half the continent, and you get stuck with a ****ing broken turbine in Lincolnshire. You have to sell your story somehow!
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    UFOs are so stealthy they have avoided any conclusive detection for all of human history yet they randomly run into wind turbines?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Put yourself in the place of the reporter. Gaza is a laboratory of horror, Russia has cut gas supplies to half the continent, and you get stuck with a ****ing broken turbine in Lincolnshire. You have to sell your story somehow!
    In journalism, they say, "if it bleeds it leads." And yet here we have Gaza, bloody as hell, and UFO's are leading, so apparently, it could be more appropriately inferred that if it "is mysterious and knocks wind turbines down, it leads."

i wonder how much a single blade costs....
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

WHat you think they're hoping that the alien UFO has fully comprehensive accident insurance for them to calim the costs against ?????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    UFOs are so stealthy they have avoided any conclusive detection for all of human history yet they randomly run into wind turbines?
    You should consider what the term UFO really stands for, it doesn't have to be extra terrestrial.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Russ Kellett, from the Flying Saucer Bureau, said witnesses had told him of activity in the area.
    yes oficially we all know what UFO really means ..... but once the Flying Saucer UFO brigade get on board you're surrounded by nutters wanting to call home

yes oficially we all know what UFO really means ..... but once the Flying Saucer UFO brigade get on board you're surrounded by nutters wanting to call home
    Hahaha, so true.

might have been the new spec-V

Meh, I blame the Patriots. (bonus points if you even get that)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information