Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mazda rx8 or honda civic si

mazda rx8 or honda civic si

So guys, I currently have a honda civic si 2007, and my friend has a mazda rx8 2005 that he is selling. The resale value on the Si is more so I could trade him and have the mazda. I trust him alot and he is a good friend, so I am not worried about getting ripped off. I am not sure though If I would rather have the mazda, it's not much faster at all and the reliability is worse than the honda. My honda has 30k miles and his rx8 has 67k, but a refurbished engine so really much less maybe 7k. I have time to decide just I am not sure what I would do.. :/

even if the engine would have been substituted, it isn't that it was the onòly part that have sustained the whole miles did by the car.
    also the Civic is tremendously cheaper to run, and it's good rule to not sell your car to a friend, because you never know if something is going to go bad, and the friend could say it was your fault or that you should have warn him and so on.
    if you aren't that sure right now, stick with the Civic, I would consider the trade only if I was looking for an RX-8 even before the friend decided to sell his.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I would go for the RX-8 normally. But since it's a friend I wouldn't. Never trade cars with a friend, since it's a good way to lose friends. Besides, if you're happy with your car (and from your posts you do seem pretty happy) why risk it?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

In normal conditions I'd go for the RX-8, it's much more of a drivers car than the Civic. But wwgkd's post makes so much sense.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I would keep the Civic, but only because I don't trust a 67k RX8 with a refurbished engine... other than that I would trade it in a heartbeat.

Interior / exterior looks.... RWD... quicker.... amazing handling... 4-door coupe

yeah, he told me it would be a lot more maintinence cost than my civic and its harder to deal with. I know that the civic is really reliable and such though, but i do love the rx8s looks and its a bit faster and drives diff. I just don't know if I want to have to deal with maint. and also deal with. I agree though I don't want to be mad at my friend at all..

definitely dont trade. the rx8 is certainly the better car, but its not so much better as to warrant an additional 30,000 miles and the loss of value between the two in addition to the aforementioned issues with trading cars with a buddy.

if you were trading for a corvette or a 350z or something like that, id say go for it, but not for an rx-8, your not getting much more car.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

The 350Z is that much better than a Rex in your eyes rj?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Faster maybe.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    IMO it is, it has pistons and handles very well just like the RX8. It lacks space and can only seat two, but it's definitely a more powerful, faster car. If I had to chose I'd be the Z, 99% of the time is just me in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    IMO it is, it has pistons and handles very well just like the RX8. It lacks space and can only seat two, but it's definitely a more powerful, faster car. If I had to chose I'd be the Z, 99% of the time is just me in the car.
    I don't care how fast they are; they can't outrun ugly. G35 > RX8 > cold poo > 350Z
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I don't care how fast they are; they can't outrun ugly. G35 > RX8 > cold poo > 350Z
    this.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    That's just your opinion though

I don't think it's a bad-looking car at all

I dont think Zs are bad looking either though, the new ones are pretty dang good lookin, but the rx8s are mad style.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    The RX8 would definitely benefit from some turbos

Thread Information