Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fight club?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I have never understood the purpose of these activities...do you want to be hurt, or hurt somebody else? What are you trying to substitute? Does the winner get the most beautiful woman? (and no, I did not see the movie)
    The movie is good, but the fight is not in the center of the message. I even think the title is not totally appropriated. I though it was a stupid movie before watching it and ended up loving it for many reasons not related with the fight itself. In fact, I think whoever watches the movie (and understands the story) ends up with even less interest on a fight-club.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    This is the stupidest idea of the year. Hey, why not include guns? Fire couple of bullets, relieve stress!
    I agree entirely.

But hey- be my guest. I can only hope some guy called Bubba with a penchant for biting the wheels off of light aircraft takes you on. Then you can understand that it's not as 'fun' as it makes out to be.

Have you ever actually been in a fight? It doesn't sound like it. It may seem clever, but a film cannot convey the long-term effects that fighting will have on your body. It's not all skin-deep- subconsciously, your mind will change, your body will get ****ed up... also, you may be oblivious to the actual pain of it all. The smell of your blood lying on the floor, which blends with a nice stench of failure and despair. Hardly a romantic thing to lust after.

Clever film, but a poor idea to move it into real life.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Have you ever actually been in a fight? It doesn't sound like it. It may seem clever, but a film cannot convey the long-term effects that fighting will have on your body. .
    ^^^^
    He knows what he's talking about! He's been on a fight recently an ended up in treatment for a day!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    ^^^^
    He knows what he's talking about! He's been on a fight recently an ended up in treatment for a day!
    Who, me??

No, no, my son. My last fight was just about 2 years ago but BOY it was a good one (I was winning).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    What do you think?
    Well I do not know, that is why I am asking all these questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    IHave you ever actually been in a fight? It doesn't sound like it.
    How can it 'sound' like I have fought recently or not?
    Last edited by blingbling; 11-24-2006 at 08:54 AM.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Do you need a slap upside your head?
    It's called a fight club, you've seen the movie, yet you don't know what goes on?
    There's no hope for you...maybe you do need that fight, might knock some sense into you.

EDIT: How old are you?
    Last edited by Vaigra; 11-24-2006 at 09:11 AM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Wow. Next time I'm feeling stressed out, remind me to turn to violence. If punching some poor bastard doesn't relieve the stress I'll try gouging my eyes out
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Do you need a slap upside your head?
    It's called a fight club, you've seen the movie, yet you don't know what goes on?
    WELL I OBVIOUSLY KNOW THE BASICS DAMMIT

but its just that what things that would be unsuspected goes on?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Calm down.
    If they're unexpected, how on earth do you expect me to know?
    I don't know, maybe they all like gay buggering after a fight, yeah be careful of that one...

Being nice since 2007.

how on earth do you expect me to know?
    Oh gee I don't know, maybe the fact that you were IN ONE BEFORE MIGHT HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?!?!?! just a thought

Seriously, calm down. You just don't get my point! What more do you expect from a fight club?! You think they're into ritualistic cult activities or something?! I don't know the people in your little club so how the fk do you expect me to know?!

Again, how old are you? I'm guessing <13. (No offence to the more mature and smarter 13 yr olds here)
    Last edited by Vaigra; 11-24-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Being nice since 2007.

My friend was in a fight club sort of deal. I don't know.. I avoid fighting, kind of pointless.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Fighting hurts
    </end of thread>
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Go to a boxing gym.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Years ago my friends and I were getting free karate class's from my friends dad.
    It basically turned into a fight club. We used gloves and some times extensive protective gear, we tried not to go for face hits, and it was even suggested that we try to use minimal contact (by me). The result? Pain, blood and bruises.
    What was supposed to be light sparing almost turned into a blood bath. How do friends have fight clubs?

Thread Information