Thread: EDO Competition Audi R8

EDO Competition Audi R8

The EDO R8

o High-end aerodynamics kit with diffuser
    o Performance muffler for more powerful exhaust note
    o Multi-piece light alloy wheels in 19 and 20 in.

The fastest Audi ever already accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.7 seconds in factory trim. The edo R8 needs just 4.5 seconds and achieves a top speed of over 310 km/h (192 mph). edo competition is proving that small changes can have great effects. The new high-flow exhaust system is in the spotlight. edo competition offers this new full stainless steel high-flow exhaust system in two different sounds levels. The result is a power increase of 16 kW (22 hp) and a 20 Nm (15 ft-lb) increase in torque. The trimetal-coated high-flow catalytic converters, which were designed specifically for the R8, ensure full OBD2 compliance and feature impressive performance. At edo competition form and function are strongly connected. The R8’s perfect balance and improved downforce, thanks to the body upgrades, become especially apparent when the car is accelerating. The edo R8 owes its aerodynamic advantages to a newly developed front lip spoiler and 8 rear bumper inserts. The new rear diffuser, also providing additional downforce, has an even greater effect. As usual at edo competition, the aerodynamic components are available in super light-weight carbon fiber. The sporting concept is rounded off by edo competition’s latest wheel design. No matter whether in 19 or 20 in., these performance wheels perfect the R8’s impressive appearance and feature high-strength forged centers with polished stainless steel outer rims and high-strength aluminium inner rims. All sport wheels can be custom painted.

“You hear it before you see it and when you do see it, only one word comes to mind: Wow!” (customer quote)

More information on the edo competition website: edo competition -Startseite-
    edo competition Motorsport GmbH, Zeche Westfalen 1, D-59229 Ahlen, +49 (0) 2382 940 520

(thanks to Pimento)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Duell; 01-16-2008 at 10:04 AM.

EDO Audi R8 #2

EDO Audi R8 #3

Looks cool, although I don't see much of a difference from the regular R8.

How could an R8 not look cool?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    errr i can not agree with you. I wouldn't say its awfull, but after seeing the car irl, i wouldn't want one. The proportions of this car are just way off. And those LED headlights, yuck.

But the majority of the world loves it, but then again, also don't like the TT.
    They all look like squashed VW beetle's.

(don't hit to hard)

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    errr i can not agree with you. I wouldn't say its awfull, but after seeing the car irl, i wouldn't want one. The proportions of this car are just way off. And those LED headlights, yuck.

But the majority of the world loves it, but then again, also don't like the TT.
    They all look like squashed VW beetle's.

(don't hit to hard)
    *shakes head in disgust*
    Ah well, i guess you're entitled to your opinion... Even if it's wrong

I, personally, love it, have done since i got to sit in one. Not big on Edo wheels, however.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Looks cool, although I don't see much of a difference from the regular R8.

I do believe Clarkson said it looked like "A council house at Christmas.."

I have an old version of Adobe... it allows me to copy the text out:

The edo R8

o High-end aerodynamics kit with diffuser
    o Performance muffler for more powerful exhaust note
    o Multi-piece light alloy wheels in 19 and 20 in.

The fastest Audi ever already accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.7 seconds in factory trim. The edo R8 needs just 4.5 seconds and achieves a top speed of over 310 km/h (192 mph). edo competition is proving that small changes can have great effects. The new high-flow exhaust system is in the spotlight. edo competition offers this new full stainless steel high-flow exhaust system in two different sounds levels. The result is a power increase of 16 kW (22 hp) and a 20 Nm (15 ft-lb) increase in torque. The trimetal-coated high-flow catalytic converters, which were designed specifically for the R8, ensure full OBD2 compliance and feature impressive performance. At edo competition form and function are strongly connected. The R8’s perfect balance and improved downforce, thanks to the body upgrades, become especially apparent when the car is accelerating. The edo R8 owes its aerodynamic advantages to a newly developed front lip spoiler and 8 rear bumper inserts. The new rear diffuser, also providing additional downforce, has an even greater effect. As usual at edo competition, the aerodynamic components are available in super light-weight carbon fiber. The sporting concept is rounded off by edo competition’s latest wheel design. No matter whether in 19 or 20 in., these performance wheels perfect the R8’s impressive appearance and feature high-strength forged centers with polished stainless steel outer rims and high-strength aluminium inner rims. All sport wheels can be custom painted.

“You hear it before you see it and when you do see it, only one word comes to mind: Wow!” (customer quote)

More information on the edo competition website: edo competition -Startseite-
    edo competition Motorsport GmbH, Zeche Westfalen 1, D-59229 Ahlen, +49 (0) 2382 940 520

Feel free to copy that into the first post.

Edo Karabegovic bought himself another car, put some german-style rims on it (they could've at least clean them) and makes fuss of it
    12 cylinders or walk!

I was expecting something orange with a big wing...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

something more
    Attached Files Attached Files
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information