Thread: Stephen Harper is re-elected.

Stephen Harper is re-elected.

Well I voted for the first time yesterday (yay) and then spent the night watching the results on Radio-Canada (CBC for you anglos) and I have to admit I'm fairly disappointed with the results... I was hoping the Conservatives would come back as a minority - and they did - but not with 143 seats, that's way too much. Could be worst though, at least they're not a majority!

Predictably, the Liberals under Dion didn't do well at all (leader change coming soon huh?)

Also, I'm glad to see the NDP got 8 additional seats

And no, I didn't vote for the Bloc.

What are your thoughts about the results?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Eh?

Had to be said.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well I voted for the first time yesterday (yay) and then spent the night watching the results on Radio-Canada (CBC for you anglos) and I have to admit I'm fairly disappointed with the results... I was hoping the Conservatives would come back as a minority - and they did - but not with 143 seats, that's way too much. Could be worst though, at least they're not a majority!

Predictably, the Liberals under Dion didn't do well at all (leader change coming soon huh?)

Also, I'm glad to see the NDP got 8 additional seats

And no, I didn't vote for the Bloc.

What are your thoughts about the results?

Well, I voted PC, mostly because they were the party I hated least. I was surprised to see the Bloc so much higher than the NDP. Unfortunate that the PC's are talking about more cuts to athletics, arts, etc but that was likely with all of the parties though. The opposition was always quick to accuse the PC's of ignoring the little businessmen, and favour the big business, but the big business is what drives and supports the little business. my $0.02
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

LOL at green party.

...expected the conservatives to win minority again, with the economy down and all, but didn't expect bloc to go up so much though

Thankfully the Bloc lost one seat. I only see them as a way to create a diversified opposition, because they're completely pointless.

Duceppe did a speach about Québec's independence yesterday, which about 3 people applauded in the room... That's utterly pointless to have a party who wants independence at the Federal level, they will never ever come to power in the first place, all they can do is put pressure to get favorable laws etc. for Québec. Also equally unneccessary, it was the Conservatives who did the best for us IMO, by naming us a nation within a nation. As I stated often, that's all I want, not independence.

Useless Bloc. Do not want.

Now if only the Conservatives weren't so anti-culture...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Thankfully the Bloc lost one seat. I only see them as a way to create a diversified opposition, because they're completely pointless.

Duceppe did a speach about Québec's independence yesterday, which about 3 people applauded in the room... That's utterly pointless to have a party who wants independence at the Federal level, they will never ever come to power in the first place, all they can do is put pressure to get favorable laws etc. for Québec. Also equally unneccessary, it was the Conservatives who did the best for us IMO, by naming us a nation within a nation. As I stated often, that's all I want, not independence.

Useless Bloc. Do not want.
    You keep contradicting yourself.

I was Disappointed at the election as well. I feel the current election system i absolute rubbish. My vote counted for absolutely nothing as i am in a Bloc stronghold and did not vote for them.

I cant understand how anybody in their right mind votes conservative.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    You keep contradicting yourself.
    I'm sorry?

I stated more than once I'm not for independence and that I'm perfectly fine with being recognized as a nation within a nation.

I also stated too many times I'm proud of being different thanks to my language and my culture, I'm proud of being French Canadian.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information