Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 458 Italia

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    ....I'd be interested to see what one would go for these days. I'd assume they'd be fairly exy still
    import one from the states. They come significantly cheaper than this one too, except maybe not in your color of choice.

1998 Ferrari F355 for Sale - 842267 - duPontREGISTRY.com

edit: sorry. failed to realize you require a RHD over there. That however opens the door to Japanese importing, which from what I've seen is even cheaper.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 10-19-2010 at 09:13 AM.

the cheapest one i could find thats aus compliance
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...6369&silo=1011

alot of options for that sort of cash

also looking at the 360, it seems the 355's resale is stronger. For a 150K im not even going to contemplate the different options that would be available....
    Last edited by h22a; 10-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    i
    edit: sorry. failed to realize you require a RHD over there. That however opens the door to Japanese importing, which from what I've seen is even cheaper.
    importing something less than 15 years old that was sold locally is difficult.
    importing something that wasn't sold locally however..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    the cheapest one i could find thats aus compliance
    Yea, you guys get screwed for prices. I saw that when I walked into the Lambo dealership and found out V12 LPs go for about $800,000. HAH!!! Even Lotus Evora costs around $175,000 over there, when they're nearly $100K cheaper than that here. I don't understand where all the extra expense goes, taxes? That'd be a lot of f'ing taxes .

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    importing something less than 15 years old that was sold locally is difficult.
    importing something that wasn't sold locally however..
    so just because you guys had F355s new on your soil, the government rapes you for trying to bring one in from Japan? Whereas if you imported something that wasn't sold new in Aus, they'd be more lenient? That sounds awfully strange. Sounds like The Man really doesn't want anyone saving a couple bucks.

so just because you guys had F355s new on your soil, the government rapes you for trying to bring one in from Japan? Whereas if you imported something that wasn't sold new in Aus, they'd be more lenient? That sounds awfully strange. Sounds like The Man really doesn't want anyone saving a couple bucks.
    not really. if you import something that was never sold here, noone loses. if you import something that was sold here, dealerships etc lose out.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

not really. if you import something that was never sold here, noone loses. if you import something that was sold here, dealerships etc lose out.
    Only problem is, most of everything IS sold there. So there's not really much you can do about anything. That's unfortunate as hell considering with your prices you could be saving over $100K. I seriously hope Canada/US importing doesn't get axed. The deals are sweeter than honey, and I think I might cry like a little girl if the government suddenly decides they've had enough.

Only problem is, most of everything IS sold there. So there's not really much you can do about anything. That's unfortunate as hell considering with your prices you could be saving over $100K. I seriously hope Canada/US importing doesn't get axed. The deals are sweeter than honey, and I think I might cry like a little girl if the government suddenly decides they've had enough.
    Both my Jeep and my dad's truck came from Canadia. Though we immediatly took them to a bar and strip club to wash some of the Canadianess off.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Both my Jeep and my dad's truck came from Canadia. Though we immediatly took them to a bar and strip club to wash some of the Canadianess off.
    That's good, if you left it there it'll make all sorts of funny noises, eh.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Are you a communist?

Seriously though, what'd you have to do to get it DoT approved? Did you have to change the speedo, or are your big numbers km/h? I'd be so happy if the big numbers are km/h for you.

Why the hell did you get a Canadian one?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    That's good, if you left it there it'll make all sorts of funny noises, eh.
    Don't be sayin' eh, eh.

And don't even begin the debate over who sounds more ridiculous; I can guarantee it's you freaks down south.

Only problem is, most of everything IS sold there.
    then there's no problem finding one second hand, with traceable history and log books..
    and stuff over 15 years old, is open season.
    not forgetting if you just want track use/club rego you can bring it across anyway.
    importing is cheap as hell, but it doesn't solve everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Don't be sayin' eh, eh.

And don't even begin the debate over who sounds more ridiculous; I can guarantee it's you freaks down south.
    Don't you go coming the raw prawn here mate, I've heard you drongos with your gobbledegook up there. Streuth.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Don't you go coming the raw prawn here mate, I've heard you drongos with your gobbledegook up there. Streuth.
    We have people that speak as absurdly as that here in Canada - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOlg_rsRRzw"]they are from Newfoundland[/ame].

I know 5 Newfoundlanders, and so I can sorta understand some slang.

I would have very little hope of understanding the older generation there, or a bunch of them at a bar, which is somewhat surprising, as I can understand Scottish!

then there's no problem finding one second hand, with traceable history and log books..
    and stuff over 15 years old, is open season.
    not forgetting if you just want track use/club rego you can bring it across anyway.
    importing is cheap as hell, but it doesn't solve everything.
    well yea I wasn't saying you'd have a problem finding one, just implying that it would be worth it to shop elsewhere given your prices. The biggest reason anyone imports anything is to save money, otherwise there isn't much in it.

edit: Cam that sh!t gave me the goosebumps ^^. I've done a lot of work in northern BC and Alberta with Newfies. Great people, but their accents drive me nuts.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 10-20-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Are you a communist?

Seriously though, what'd you have to do to get it DoT approved? Did you have to change the speedo, or are your big numbers km/h? I'd be so happy if the big numbers are km/h for you.

Why the hell did you get a Canadian one?
    No, I'm just taking advantage of ignorant communists. Kid up in Canada bought the Jeep (with snowplow attachment) added a nice lift kit, wheels and tires (also a winch which kept you from being able to attach the snowplow ) etc. and then ran out of money and had to sell it for cheap. Waay less than he had put into it, or what it would cost us to get similar, so we grabbed it. Grabbed a US speedo, ripped one of the underhood stickers off (gray market trick to avoid some hassles) and ta da! Similar deal with my dad's truck, although that didn't have any aftermarket stuff on it.

We're not really that far from the border and some of the dealers here will do that if they find a good deal.

We have people that speak as absurdly as that here in Canada - ...

I know 5 Newfoundlanders, and so I can sorta understand some slang.

I would have very little hope of understanding the older generation there, or a bunch of them at a bar, which is somewhat surprising, as I can understand Scottish!
    Tru fax dude. I can understand some pretty heavy accents, but Newfies don't even speak english. Makes everyone complaining about our southerners sound ridiculous.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

edit: Cam that sh!t gave me the goosebumps ^^. I've done a lot of work in northern BC and Alberta with Newfies. Great people, but their accents drive me nuts.
    One of my friends (my buddy's Newfoundlander cousin) works in the tar sands. He drives the machines. To say that he makes a good living would be a massive, massive understatement. You can make over 100 grand there if you work the hoursy and 200K+ is quite attainable - for driving truck, shovel, and grader.

We're not really that far from the border and some of the dealers here will do that if they find a good deal.
    You should probably just move north across that border and live here then.

Things are better. BC is fabulous I hear (ask Rob).

Tru fax dude. I can understand some pretty heavy accents, but Newfies don't even speak english. Makes everyone complaining about our southerners sound ridiculous.
    Southerners are no where near the plane of Newfoundlanders in terms of incomprehensibility.

Thread Information