Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with street racing?

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    You obvesely havent seen a real street race. Even the ones done in traffic are from a 40 roll and they let out way before the get to the cars in front of them. I dont exactly get how that isnt that safe? I know there traveling at a high rate of speed but ohnestly its not that bad just a random burst of accerlation.

Thats what Im talking about if you use restraint you will be alright in most cases.
    You dont see how it isnt safe? Are you a moron? Lets see if you think its safe if one of your "9 sec" C4 trans'd shitboxs brakes an axle and turns hard left or right at full throttle, straight at your crowd of fellow morons, with their shitbox Civics and bottle fed Subarus etc. For that matter, is there ever someone sitting in those rigs waiting to get them the F*** out the way when your "9 sec" shitheap has the throttle stick wide open? Thats always fun when that happens.
    At a track, when you go past the 400m stripe, theres usually another 600 metres or so to stop and to allow for such metamucil moments. There are FAR too many variables that can turn a fun nite out in the industrial area draggen cars and pickin up ho's into hell.
    I mentioned a snapped axle, what happens if the car turns left and is coming at you and your friends, and the pimple faced retard driving the car is shitting himself so violently that he just closes his eyes and waits for the bang when the car hits you... What do you do, cant get out the way cos theres more cars and people blocking the way? I guess theres to possible scenarios, meat wagon, dead as an ass with your momma cryen sayen he was just a good kid having fun (dumb bitch) or 6 months in traction with more bones broken than you can name, maybe missing a spleen, or a kidney, maybe a leg.
    What happens to the shit driving the car? 6 months suspended, loses his car (which is rooted) and gets a fine. Couple of months and the rash from the seat belt are gone, and a couple more he'll have another car. And guess what, You will be here like every one of us saying how ****ing stupid street racing is. Because Im willing to bet most of us here HAVE been there and done it, and I'd also bet some of had good friends who died doing it.
    Theres no bigger giveaway to spot the kid thats just got his license on a forum than reading the posts that say street racing rocks and who needs the safety of a race track to have fun. Least theres an ambulance there to carry your sorry ass to the morgue when you **** it all up.
    Edit Love that line that says awww its not that bad, its just a random burst of acceleration, heres a tip, random bursts of deceleration hurt a shitload more.
    Last edited by Daz27; 09-16-2006 at 01:12 PM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Lets get this straight, street racing on a populated street with lots of people and traffic is just wrong. If you want to race do it on a track. Although I personally believe that is okay to street race one on one in a dead street with no one else there, thats just an opinion. I consider that organized and believe that both drivers know the consequences that can come. If there is no one else there I dont see any harm coming to anyone else. It all depends on how you do it.

What do u call a dead street Viper? Whats your definition of it?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    I dont see there being a lot of pedestrian deaths in street racing at 4am. The last time I checked street racing has no people just aimlessly walking on the street maybe some spectators, but those spectators are well aware of what can go wrong.
    Doesn't matter it's still illegal and stupid, what if a car careens into a building? Just go to the track and stop making everyones insurance higher then it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    You dont see how it isnt safe? Are you a moron? Lets see if you think its safe if one of your "9 sec" C4 trans'd shitboxs brakes an axle and turns hard left or right at full throttle, straight at your crowd of fellow morons, with their shitbox Civics and bottle fed Subarus etc. For that matter, is there ever someone sitting in those rigs waiting to get them the F*** out the way when your "9 sec" shitheap has the throttle stick wide open? Thats always fun when that happens.
    At a track, when you go past the 400m stripe, theres usually another 600 metres or so to stop and to allow for such metamucil moments. There are FAR too many variables that can turn a fun nite out in the industrial area draggen cars and pickin up ho's into hell.
    Theres a 1/4 for the track itself, 1/4 shut down area with two trun offs, and then a sand trap at the end ifyou dont get it stopped then.

I mentioned a snapped axle, what happens if the car turns left and is coming at you and your friends, and the pimple faced retard driving the car is shitting himself so violently that he just closes his eyes and waits for the bang when the car hits you... What do you do, cant get out the way cos theres more cars and people blocking the way? I guess theres to possible scenarios, meat wagon, dead as an ass with your momma cryen sayen he was just a good kid having fun (dumb bitch) or 6 months in traction with more bones broken than you can name, maybe missing a spleen, or a kidney, maybe a leg.
    Ive seen 3 cars brake there axles at the track. They launched and rolled about 5 feet they didnt hit the wall.

Theres no bigger giveaway to spot the kid thats just got his license on a forum than reading the posts that say street racing rocks and who needs the safety of a race track to have fun. Least theres an ambulance there to carry your sorry ass to the morgue when you **** it all up.
    Since the only place Ive ever raced was a track I dont know who your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine
    I don't condone street racing. Eventually you 150hp civic might give you a couple car lengths but darwin ALWAYS catches up. Have fun, and hope you kill yourself because that's one less moron out on the road that i'll have to worry about.

Again Ive never street raced! Im talking about organized street racing not fast and the furious weeving in and out of traffic. Closed down roads that are prepped with many people who are ready for incidents. There are many more deaths that come from other stupid things then street racing. Im not trying to say its the right thing to do its just not as bad as it use to be. With a comment like that I wouldnt expect to stay here long.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Doesn't matter it's still illegal and stupid, what if a car careens into a building? Just go to the track and stop making everyones insurance higher then it should be!
    These cars are not being raced on streets with buildings many take place on the expressway. Soccer moms talking on the phones in the hummers make insurance higher too do you have a thing agaisnt them too?
    Last edited by rev440; 09-16-2006 at 01:23 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

I can control my car exspecially from a roll. Theres no traction loss at all so theres no chance for the car to go sideways. But Id rather hit a wall. Im not saying that its right but it happens I dont approve of it or disaprove of it.
    i think that's why most people crash. they think they can controll their cars.even a pro driver will loos control of the car.i don't say you can't maybe you can.

Theres a 1/4 for the track itself, 1/4 shut down area with two trun offs, and then a sand trap at the end ifyou dont get it stopped then.

Ive seen 3 cars brake there axles at the track. They launched and rolled about 5 feet they didnt hit the wall.

Since the only place Ive ever raced was a track I dont know who your talking about.

Again Ive never street raced! Im talking about organized street racing not fast and the furious weeving in and out of traffic. Closed down roads that are prepped with many people who are ready for incidents. There are many more deaths that come from other stupid things then street racing. Im not trying to say its the right thing to do its just not as bad as it use to be.
    For all that trouble go to the f*cking track! and in the words of drakkie:

These people make it impossible for me to buy a car. Thanks so much you F***KERS !!!!

but really where supras can win, if they don't race on highway????

Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4
    i think that's why most people crash. they think they can controll their cars.even a pro driver will loos control of the car.i don't say you can't maybe you can.
    I agree you will crash if you dont have respect for your car. I do not yet know what my limits are I plan on getting my NHRA licenses to drive sub 10 second cars.

For all that trouble go to the f*cking track! and in the words of drakkie:
    As I said before so do soccer moms talking on there phones so be mad at them too. Cell phones cause alot of accidents also lets make them illegal also. What if you dont have a track close to you?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...t=20814&page=2 How times have changed some people who posted in this thread have admitted to going at it on the street.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-16-2006 at 01:30 PM.

What's wrong with people walking about randomly shooting shotguns?

- It's ok so long as they don't point them straight at other people
    - It's fun (for the people doing it)
    - It's cheaper than going to the firing range, and the firing range is sometimes closed

What's wrong with someone siting outside your house playing obnoxiously loud music by bands like "The Spice Girls" or "Take That"?

- It doesn't actually hurt anyone*, so it is safe
    - It's fun* (for the people doing it)
    - It's cheaper than going to a "Spice Girls" reunion concert, and they might not be performing in your town anyway

(* Debatable, I know, but you get the point)

What's wrong with people going about clubbing seals in residential areas?

- It doesn't actually hurt (the people at least)
    - It's cheaper than flying all the way to the Arctic Circle, and it isn't as cold either

What's wrong with a facist dictatorship?

- It doesn't hurt (the dictators, anyway)
    - It's cheaper than running an election campaign

And so on and so forth...

Just. Plain. Stupid is why.

"Proper" street racing, don't make me laugh.

What percentage of street racing is the "proper" kind? <1%?

Most people involved in street racing are people without adequate skill or training, they do not care if the roads are closed or not, they do not have the foresight to think about whether there may be a car pulling out a junction around that blind corner ahead, and are not overly concerned with the safety of others.

These people who cause the crashes and kill innocent people should not be allowed to continue so that the handful of street racing "experts" who are just too lazy to get to a track can take over public roads whenever they feel like it, for their own selfish s***s and giggles.

Just because you can cobble some half-arsed "justifications" that satisfy your own conscience doesn't make it "right" or acceptable to people with a brain.
    Thanks for all the fish

I keep forgetting I live in Gods own country and we do things better. The strip Im most aquainted with is alonside the main strait of a road circuit. its 1.1 klms long, the strip is also 1.1 km's too and has approx 200 metres of run off after that for the circuit boys. Anyone who has been to Darwin an watched the V8 supercars knows what track Im talking about.
    My point which I didnt make clear enough is the variables. There IS ALWAYS something that can go wrong. Its called murphy's law (after Greg Murphy? haha) and it says if it can go to shit it will go to shit. Things break, conditions change, leppers break loose from there colony I dont care, there is always something that can happen.
    At a proper track, they are minimised. Something happens, its only the driver that can usually get hurt. But theres not much he can hit in that process. On the street, there is everything. Unless its a proper, closed course, then the argument about street racing being safe is one for the retards to argue over, because purely it is not safe.
    Funny thing is a lot of drivers lose control of there car when they are racing because they take their eyes off the road to see where there track buddy is and lose their focus, and hit something or someone.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Hey Coventry, I was having a bit of a think about this while I was on the toilet a moment ago, and I realised why these retards dont go to the track. Fear, pure and simple. They dont want to be shown to be a braggart that claims to have a 11 Sec RX7 when its really a 14 sec with a blue painted Nos stickered stolen fire extinguisher in the boot. Sure, showen off for the boys is great fun, bit of a skid here, a hand-brakey there... but out on a track, infront of 5000 people, there family friends and maybe mentors or idols as well if its a decent sized meet... they just shit emselves. Thats all it is. Fear and bragging rights. I dont know about you, but id rather have that 14 sec card in my glovebox than a wrecked rx7 cos the guy I was racing swerved to miss a cat (fiction I know) and tagged my car and launched me off the road. Starngely ironic that I had to be having a shit to realise that the people who dont race legitimately are themselves to shit scared...
    Last edited by Daz27; 09-16-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

There you have it folks, ^ Exactly what is wrong with street racing! I can't belive people have this kind of attitude.
    so if the street eacing wasn't free it woud be better? moset people who do street racing are kids.Kids= no money,they are brock lol .they say "why should i pay $15 and + $10 / persone when i can spend that money for gas ?".lol

You typed that in a hurry didnt ya little fella... Over here, well in Darwin anyway it costs $30 bucks for the night, insurance included. I get 5 to 10 passes if I get there early, I have access to guys who know there shit, therefore they can pass on some tips, or maybe some old parts they had on their car, for next to nothing... all for $30... dumb argument mate. Edit and none of those kids near you will ever be a Brock.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    You typed that in a hurry didnt ya little fella... Over here, well in Darwin anyway it costs $30 bucks for the night, insurance included. I get 5 to 10 passes if I get there early, I have access to guys who know there shit, therefore they can pass on some tips, or maybe some old parts they had on their car, for next to nothing... all for $30... dumb argument mate. Edit and none of those kids near you will ever be a Brock.

I agree you can race at the track for a resonable rate. I do have one close about a hour away but I dont really care about street racing. I simply dont mind it.

Thread Information