Thread: MTM Bi-Moto

MTM Bi-Moto

mtm bimoto

The latest project - the mtm bimoto - is one of the exlusive and extraordinary special vehicles of mtm. Once more it shows that the founder Roland Mayer wants more engine power and perfection.

Mercedes made a similar study (two engines in a A 190) with 15 employees in 4 months which means 60 work-hours in a month. mtm developed the TT bimoto in only 50 work-hours.

The idea of two engines sounds strange at first, but it has lots of advantages compared with other ideas. To construct a vee eight turboengine for example we would have had to choose a central engine arrangement, which would have required the development of a special and more expensive allroad transmission.

For the drive of his two axles the mtm bimoto has two engines and two transmissions. Below the slightly changed body of the Audi TT hides more than expected at first sight. Both in front and rear every transmission is driven by its own 1.8 l four cylinder turbo-engine. A partition made of carbon including a rear window seperates the maximum two passengers from the second drive unit in the rear. What you can find in it is that almoust every aggregate is doubliced of the front one. Likewise there is a manual six gear transmission installed on the opposite of the driven direction which is driven by a 1.8 l cylinder in almost he same axis of the front part. To make power shiffts possilbe double-clutches-transmissions will be obstructed in the new future. A welded cage stabilises the complete car and includes the both aggregates.

The engines in the rear and in front move independently. The power comes from the street which is the conecting part between the two engines. Loading air, oil and water cooler, clutch and a second petrol pump, everything exits twice. Air not needed is lead back to the aerodynamic formed parts below the body and should especially at high speed improve the drive at the rear and it is supported by a diffusor. A marked carbon lip at the mtm tail wing supports this effect, too.

By the standard rear window, similar to a Ferrari 360 Modena, it is possible, even desired, to look at the technology of the second drive unit. According to Roland Mayer the plastic covers only use is not to have to tidy up electronic cables and lines. This expenditure is operated by mtm because the customer should be able to look at the technology of the bimoto.
    The customer will feel the technology, that's already sure. The project double enginge vehicle is remarkable but for a firm with the entitlement of mtm not sufficient. Both engines will be far away concerning the performance output compared to the series. Unwaveringly and also everyday life-suited 740 HP, thus 370 HP for each engine, are the minimum. Even 501 HP per four-cylinder are possible, which will be reached by a capacity enlargement to 2 litres, big turboloaders and working on the periphery, says Mayer full of proud. Finally however the customer should have the choice to decide on performance variant respectively deployment purpose of the vehicle.

The target is to give the car a handling, which is any time calculable. It may not surprise the driver with a change between under- and overriding but has to show the tendency to override. In Wettstetten we use therefore the standard sensors for the ABS system. The monitoring of the number of revolutions at all four wheels allows, by the help of the engine-electronic, an exact invasion to the handling of the bimoto. For expample with slip at the front axle performance will be taken back from the front four-cylinder to avoid underriding. Similary to that traction problems and power influences of the driven front axle to the steering will be avoided.

Behind the front, forged 19''-light metal rim a Brembo braking system is installed. Ventilated disc brakes, 32 millimeters strong and 355 millimeters in the diameter are taken there by a four-piston caliper into the pliers. At the rear axle acceleration will be converted to delay with ventilated, 330 millimeters big brake discs and a four-piston caliper.

With six-point-belts in Recaro full-bucket seats in future maximally two passengers have the possibility to feel the experience double engine in the exclusive mtm bimoto.

The development costs for the prototype are about 600.000 euro. A small series of 10 vehicles is planned. Optionallay also a race-suspension and/or race-suspension-parts can be ordered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

mtm bi-moto #2

mtm bi-moto #3

mtm bi-moto #4

Guest Guest
    where do they actually race this?

they don't, it isn't a race car...

First high-res shots I've seen of this. Thanks Matt
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

i've seen this car in a magazines, two or three years ago. it is said that this car handling is very poor.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn
    i've seen this car in a magazines, two or three years ago. it is said that this car handling is very poor.
    but is sure takes some great pictures, nice matt
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

damn, i cant find that mag...
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by tmntmail_ppn

Of course it handles bad. After all is a TT. A car that hadd to be fitted with a rear wing and a stability system after so many of the first models ended up rolling of the road. It's a Golf based car. They can't turn it into to a real sporstcar. I read about it on Evo.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Auto Motor und Sport, a german car-magazine, tested the maximum speed in this car at the circle in Nardo/Italy: 372 kph!

I saw the car last year at Essen Motor Show, but I have only a lowRes pic of it
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Nice Car
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by carreragt10
    Nice Car
    I'm able to guess what you've posted in a thread without actually opening it..
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information