Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Chevy Impala...who really cares?

2006 Chevy Impala...who really cares?

A vast improvement over the current one....front looks a little like Honda Accord.

Impala

I cant wait to see the 2007 model using the RWD Zeta platform and LS4 V8 for the SS model.
    Im sick of these FWD cars...

It kinda looks like the 90's lumina, still a good improvement over the current one.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

eww, american cars, not to fab if u ask me, id rather a falcon or, damn, even a commodore over any yank tank.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    eww, american cars, not to fab if u ask me, id rather a falcon or, damn, even a commodore over any yank tank.
    Yeah, you Aussies get all the cool cars there because the car makers think all we want here are SUV's.

Hey, give us some good alternatives and maybe we'll buy more cars.

I don't think the trend will reverse here though, it's come too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    I do wish we got holdens and falcons over here...
    But atleast we have some good performance cars, thats really I care about anyway.

lol

man when I saw this thread title on the main page I started cracking up, hehe. But actually I'm impressed with the new model. It looks ten times better than the old Impala.

One question though, does the V8 model still have front drive? If so they would have been better off sticking with the supercharged V6.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    man when I saw this thread title on the main page I started cracking up, hehe. But actually I'm impressed with the new model. It looks ten times better than the old Impala.

One question though, does the V8 model still have front drive? If so they would have been better off sticking with the supercharged V6.
    Supposedly for 06 this thing still has FWD, but in 07 it gets the Zeta platform (solstice) and thats RWD.

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    It looks ten times better than the old Impala.
    Either you have slightly bizzare tastes, or the old Impala looked really, really bad
    Thanks for all the fish

It's as boring as the Ford 500...I have no idea who Ford and GM think they are marketing to except fleet buyers and car rental companies....because their designs are perfectly made for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It's as boring as the Ford 500...I have no idea who Ford and GM think they are marketing to except fleet buyers and car rental companies....because their designs are perfectly made for them.
    It's not any more boring than a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry and that's who they are chasing.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    It's not any more boring than a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry and that's who they are chasing.
    You are correct, but at least Camry's and Accord's are sold for their traditional great quality and value.

GM and Ford will never compete with them by also making boring sedans without those other missing ingredients.

Maybe that's the ticket, they've given up or are not willing to really surpass them.

I shopped for an American car as I was shoping for a new company car, I ended up with a Camry which is built in America but so much more refined than any American car I tested
    because the quality and refinement is designed in at the beginning.

GM, by all accounts, has made huge strides in quality in the last 5 years. Sure, they're not up to par with Honda or Toyota yet. But, they're trying to follow their competitiors formula for success: Create a car that can appeal to everyone. This car is far from obnoxious like past GM products. It is simple, not overly-adorned with cladding and badges and blends in with everything else. As the quality continues to rise, having a car that you don't have to compromise your sense of style with will help with their sales.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I like the old front better, I seen a few on CSI and the matrix, Shame there was no rear pic.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    GM, by all accounts, has made huge strides in quality in the last 5 years. Sure, they're not up to par with Honda or Toyota yet. But, they're trying to follow their competitiors formula for success: Create a car that can appeal to everyone. This car is far from obnoxious like past GM products. It is simple, not overly-adorned with cladding and badges and blends in with everything else. As the quality continues to rise, having a car that you don't have to compromise your sense of style with will help with their sales.
    Yes, and the key word you used in your previous post, 'chasing'.

Oh, well I guess that's what we get when our most brilliant minds are designing bombs and in Japan they are designing reliable transportation and doing a much better job at marketing.

Thread Information