Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Mustang Wishlist

Shelby Mustang Wishlist

since Ford and Shelby are back in business together, what do you want to see done to any current Ford models? of course their MUST be a Mustang................

2005 Ford/Shelby Mustang
    -all new 351 and 427 (optional) V-8's (ford has a habit of re-using engines)
    -rally headlights
    -intakes like on the concept, but raised and set farther back (like a olds 4-4-2)
    -shortened like the concept
    -all new front bumper/spoiler, the concept one is WAY too bulky, makes it look....cute
    -overhung (?) hood w/ racing pins
    -AWD option
    -race modified suspension
    -old school 10-spoke rims off the 67 GT500
    -quad or side exaust
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

No way man - I want a muscle car - not some easy-drive wimps machine with AllWheelDrive.
    No way Man

But the rest of the list makes me drool

Sorry -
    The rest of the items on the list makes me drool

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    No way man - I want a muscle car - not some easy-drive wimps machine with AllWheelDrive.
    No way Man

But the rest of the list makes me drool
    Sorry, I disagree the only musclecar attribute I would want carried over to a newer car is the massive amounts of off idle torque.

Maybe I've gotten old, a bit soft even .... but I like A/C and power windows and the like .... I've done my time without power steering, I've had un-assisted drum brakes on all 4 corners giving that 60 to 0 distance of 250+ ft., body roll like it was trying to scrape the door handles, not to mention temperamental carbeurators with manual chokes and horrible mileage.

I appreciate the older cars, I vow to own more ....but I sure as hell don't want to buy a new car with awesome power that doesn't take advantage of the conveniences and technology available today.

The new mustangs are using a retro theme now days why not make modern interpritations of some of mr shelbys greater cars? like the GT350? make a super light mustang improve its handeling/breaking and tune its motor to make quite a fearsome beast.
    Ill have one of them

Lightbulb The new mustang would look beautifull...

Lowered a bit, with some kind of functional hood scoop, white with blue shelby stripes, retro wheels, hood pins would be cool, a nice chin spoiler like the old BOSS mustangs, and a cool ass engine.

Maybe a new bigger V8 like prowl suggested. Or just a 4.6 stroked out to 5.0 liters or so with the supercharger from the cobra on top of that. They could always just shove the new GT engine in it.

It should never ever in any way shape or form be anything other than rear wheel drive however. Anything else would be an insult and disgrace to the heritage of the car. (ok maybe it would be bad ass, but I just don't think you could justify it, not on a stang, it's just wrong.)
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Talking

i said *OPTIONAL* awd

like no one said, it should have the modern ammenities, muscle cars made for a strait line don't work anymore. so make it a full fledged GT. aim for ferrari once agian, rip the whole thing apart, use aluminium and carbon fiber, high tech suspension and all the goods. i would pefere 2 types, a cheaper one (GT350) aimed at the vette and an exclusive GT500 aimed at the Vanquish, Maranello and SL65.

Originally posted by Prowl
    i said *OPTIONAL* awd

like no one said, it should have the modern ammenities, muscle cars made for a strait line don't work anymore. so make it a full fledged GT. aim for ferrari once agian, rip the whole thing apart, use aluminium and carbon fiber, high tech suspension and all the goods. i would pefere 2 types, a cheaper one (GT350) aimed at the vette and an exclusive GT500 aimed at the Vanquish, Maranello and SL65.
    Now you're talkin' -
    aluminium and composite bodies and frame.
    As 'NoOne' said - heaps of brakes - 19" wheels - 15" 6 spot Brembo's with ABS hooked up to selectable ESP.
    Two bonnet scopes -
    Intake with filter and oil-cooler scoop - small but one that actually works.
    They can do it - they just need idea's and enthusiasm.

now i don't remember where i saw this but it was a pic taken at the 100th annaversiry celebration and it had three ford guys and three shelby guys next to a GT. could this mean that ford will have shelby race team for le mans, mayhaps?

a freind of mine whose uncle is a shelby/ford collecter has a GT500, GT40, and cobra (dunno the mill) and, not to sure, a BOSS 429. i have seen the cobra and heard it *drools*and the GT40 is a prototype for the MK II. he actually has given some ideas for the new one and spent a day with Bill ford up in detroit and got a good look at the concept.

Well im hoping soon that we get some GT(40s you have to be specific to an aussie because a GT to them is somthing totaly differnt it is still a ford by the way) competing in our local nations cup and kick (hopefully) some ferari and lamgborgini arse John Bowe (very famous ford driver here and ex ferrari works team as a second drive) would be able to do somthing amzaing with the car he manged to do well in the dodge viper which hes only raced in once (of course he isnt a buisness owner like the owner if the viper greg crick) a shelby GT40 would just be all the better whatch out ferrari

No one got it right!!
    Power steer, auto, power windows and air are some of the better ideas to be included in a car, and of course BRAKES!! Brake fade into a fast corner ceases to be exciting after a very short time! I started with side valve Fords and the brakes on those things were at times appalling!. Now a little older and wiser i appreciate a few of the "wimp'" amenities!

Quote Originally Posted by nzbear
    No one got it right!!
    Power steer, auto, power windows and air are some of the better ideas to be included in a car, and of course BRAKES!! Brake fade into a fast corner ceases to be exciting after a very short time! I started with side valve Fords and the brakes on those things were at times appalling!. Now a little older and wiser i appreciate a few of the "wimp'" amenities!
    Im comfused... The car has power steerig, power windows and air.. And why an auto? That makes no sence for a car built to be a true performer. BTW the car also has brakes (the normal Mustang GT is said to have nice brakes).

I haven't liked anything Ford has put the Shelby name on since the 60's and maybe early 70'sf it was a Stang.

They need to let him go.

you didn't like...

the GR1? Or the new Cobra concept? You had to like at least one of those...

Anyway, the engine they should use is the 5.0 cammer from the GTR concept.

And as for your guys aspirations of world domination for the Mustang, get real! The Mustang wasn't meant to be a supercar, or a true Grand Tourer. It's a sports coupe for an everyday guy who can't afford the insanely expensive cars you pit it against. The top of the line Mustang should be competitive with a Corvette, any more performance and you start to steal thunder from the GT.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    the GR1? Or the new Cobra concept? You had to like at least one of those...

Anyway, the engine they should use is the 5.0 cammer from the GTR concept.

And as for your guys aspirations of world domination for the Mustang, get real! The Mustang wasn't meant to be a supercar, or a true Grand Tourer. It's a sports coupe for an everyday guy who can't afford the insanely expensive cars you pit it against. The top of the line Mustang should be competitive with a Corvette, any more performance and you start to steal thunder from the GT.
    No, didn't like the GR1 or the Cobra, Cobra was lame and boring and the GR1 looks like a HotWheel of a modern DeTomaso Mangusta.

Thread Information