Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Mustang Wishlist

personally, i love muscle cars. truly? if they would bring them back, i really would be veeerrrrry happy. thing is, for true muscle cars to be brought back, hardly any one would buy them, except people who already own another car. people are too interested in gas mileage, reliability, comfort, etc. road and track did a comparison between the mustang and the pontiac gto, which is a better muscle car. somehow, the pontiac won, for all the wrong reasons, and the mustang lost because it was exactly what they wanted pretty much. i mean......i love muscle cars more then any other kind of car, its just that its VERY hard to bring about a car like that nowadays. only thing like those left is the dodge viper, and the mustangs. it would be nice, but id also really like variety.....
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    No, didn't like the GR1 or the Cobra, Cobra was lame and boring and the GR1 looks like a HotWheel of a modern DeTomaso Mangusta.
    everybody is entitled to their opinion, I thouroughly disagree however, just the thought of that 6.4 DOHC 40 valve V-10, all aluminum, 600 plus horse power....*drools*

it has that sort of affect on me
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

hey evrybody, How about if they made something ORIGINAL!!!
    wouldnt that be a change for american automakers.

i am tired of seeing ICONS brought back. its wlike, bringing back a dead president. IT WONT WORK. you want to know why it wont work?
    1) people like me will bitch about it.
    2) it will never live up to the originial, because it was the original.
    3) they will eventually run out of models to "revive". imagine in 20 years from now., ford bringing back the NEW NEW GT.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

woah......wait......ive lately been avoiding the things out of shelby (the new cobra.....not too pretty, bit ill live.....i hope ) but........wait.........did you say 40 valves per cylinder, and ten cylinders? as in.....4 valves per cylinder? 6.4 liter? i have 2 problems with that. 1) anything i want out of shelby, will have its engine displacement measured in cid, not liters. 2) 4 valves per cylinder? dohc? i thought this was supposed to be a muscle car, a very low revver, with very few valves, and a pushrod/ohv/etc setup, not a dohc!

yeah, but even shelby have to get with the times

7.0 liter V8

I actually read in a mag. (can't remember which) that the new shelby was going to have a 7.0 liter V8, they had decided against the V10.

Here it is.

In retrospect, I may have initially misread the article. Out of boredom, I broke out the numerous other magazines with Mustang articles, and have concluded that it's more likely that the Shelby isn't replacing the SVT, rather, it's succeeding it as the most potent Mustang in the lineup. Back when the Mustang GT was concluding its tour of the show circuit, rumors began in regard to Shelby and SVT each having a high performance version of the Mustang. Naturally, the big question was which would be the dominant car...

If Motor Trend's contacts are correct, the car wearing the Shelby name is, as it's said to be the one packing the GT's engine under its hood. However, its ETA is a ways off. '07 model year, anyone?

Now some of you have thought or expressed concern about it eclipsing the GT. Yet isn't the GR-1 speculated to arrive at roughly the same time? If so, it'll alleviate the issue of the Shelby's power matching that of the GT, as it's expected to match or exceed the show car's 600+ hp and 500+ lb-ft of torque with the 7.0-liter Hurricane V8...

I hope it weighs in closer to Motor Trend's estimate of 3,450-3,550 lbs, though. That should allow the car to enjoy a power to weight ratio near or greater than that of the GT's. 3,900 lbs brings about the risk of axing the extra performance potential a more powerful engine brings to the table.

The Half Monte

http://www.sportscarforums.com/showt...?t=3202&page=1

i am a huge fan of the GR-1 it is an awesome car. But would most certianly love to see the mustang modified. But i still want it to retian the same muscle car heritage of the original car it was designed after.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

shelby will definitly come out with a new shelby mustang. the "semi-stock" version you can find at dealerships, and the super crazy real shelby version not at dealerships. i havent heard anything about it, but thats how theyve been doing it for the past few models, and i wouldnt be surpised to see it this way again. this is also how cobra did it.
    hope they do continue this tho

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka
    I actually read in a mag. (can't remember which) that the new shelby was going to have a 7.0 liter V8, they had decided against the V10.
    the concept was released at detroit, as the 6.4 liter v10, with pretty much identical performance to the viper (except in handling which is not known). unless you do not mean the sleby gr-1, which is the only major shelby in the pipeline at the moment.
    EDIT: to answer clutch, simple engines are still incredibly good today. sure, they are more high tech in some aspects, but the c6, sohc pushrod engine, same with the viper. both are amazing cars. the saleen s7 has a 427 sohc also. all these cars with simple muscle-car-type engines that perform wonderfully. shelby should be on that list, especially since they have such a huge history with incredibly successful engines in that area.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 02-22-2005 at 03:57 PM.

The Cobra concept looks interesting, i don't like the mid-split headlight or the carbon fiber hood. If the actually body paint = not on there are regular carbon fiber, then i think it looks gay as hell if you have a piece of your car unpainted, to damn rice-tastic

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    the concept was released at detroit, as the 5.4 liter v10, with pretty much identical performance to the viper (except in handling which is not known). unless you do not mean the sleby gr-1, which is the only major shelby in the pipeline at the moment.
    EDIT: to answer clutch, simple engines are still incredibly good today. sure, they are more high tech in some aspects, but the c6, sohc pushrod engine, same with the viper. both are amazing cars. the saleen s7 has a 427 sohc also. all these cars with simple muscle-car-type engines that perform wonderfully. shelby should be on that list, especially since they have such a huge history with incredibly successful engines in that area.
    a few minor corrections, first it was a 6.4 liter V-10, second no pushrod engine has sohc. It wouldn't have the pushrods if the cams were overhead, the cam is below. Yeah pushrods can still hold their own, the new Z06 ought to be proof enough of that.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

OK...
    7-liter V8
    Stripped-out interior (2 bucket seats and a roll cage)
    Coke-bottle body
    Manual-only (and a 6-speed)
    Hard top

A "Mustang CSL"
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    a few minor corrections, first it was a 6.4 liter V-10, second no pushrod engine has sohc. It wouldn't have the pushrods if the cams were overhead, the cam is below. Yeah pushrods can still hold their own, the new Z06 ought to be proof enough of that.
    oh, woops, i wrote 5.4, dam typos. ill edit it.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    1. I hope Shelby doesn't rape the past models like Ford's done.

2. I hope owners of any new Shelbys aren't the same pricks the owners of the classic Shelbys seem to be.

3. Ungodly amounts of power, minus anything that takes up weight. Kinda like the Cobra R from a few years ago, and similar to the first Shelby Mustangs.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information