Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new chrysler

new chrysler

i just saw the new update.. with the new chrysler Fire power.... i think its pretty cool...
    i think chryslr is the only one of the big three that is actually looking at the future instead of using pas glory to keep selling cars.... look at ford bringing back the GT40 look, the mustang first gen styling and the cobra, or even pontiac using the gto name in a holden.
    what are these companies going to do in 30 years? willl they look back again? to find what? will they restart a cycle with a new new cobra?
    chrysler with the MME four and this one is really geting its act together in the sporsts car devison.
    Firepower
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

cool, you have a point there like the enzo and 430! yer good point!!! the pontiac and the holden are mostly identical!
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    i just saw the new update.. with the new chrysler Fire power.... i think its pretty cool...
    i think chryslr is the only one of the big three that is actually looking at the future instead of using pas glory to keep selling cars.... look at ford bringing back the GT40 look, the mustang first gen styling and the cobra, or even pontiac using the gto name in a holden.
    what are these companies going to do in 30 years? willl they look back again? to find what? will they restart a cycle with a new new cobra?
    chrysler with the MME four and this one is really geting its act together in the sporsts car devison.
    Firepower
    Its truley wicked

i think chryslr is the only one of the big three that is actually looking at the future instead of using pas glory to keep selling cars....
    Though with only 2 valves per cilinder, it doesn't look very futuristic in mechanical terms.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Though with only 2 valves per cilinder, it doesn't look very futuristic in mechanical terms.
    If you can get the airflow in and out with only 2 valves then that's all that's needed.
    It's unlikely to be a fast revver, but as many have shown in posts it can be delivered with 'lazy' torque or 'revvy' bhp
    Probably not an engine open for much tuning but that's their choice.....
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Firepower
    Chrysler is also using their past to create a future. I'm not saying it's bad, but don't say they're not doing it. The continuation of the 300-series, the reintroduction of the Hemi, the new Power Wagon, the new Charger. They're definitely looking to their past...
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    If you can get the airflow in and out with only 2 valves then that's all that's needed.
    It's unlikely to be a fast revver, but as many have shown in posts it can be delivered with 'lazy' torque or 'revvy' bhp
    As far as aftermarket goes, it's probably true that not much exists now, but a more aggressive camshaft will almost certainly make an appearance, I would think (I believe these are available for Chevy's ls1/6 etc., and also there's the benifit of the OHV layout that you only have to buy ONE new camshaft instead of 2 or 4)... as far as revability goes, perhaps conversion kits to replace the pushrods for the displacement on demand system with solid pushrods would make it more revable (although still not even approaching, say, the Porsche Carrera GT). At least to this point the new hemi isn't in any particularly sporty cars, so this probably contributes to a sluggish aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Chrysler is also using their past to create a future. I'm not saying it's bad, but don't say they're not doing it. The continuation of the 300-series, the reintroduction of the Hemi, the new Power Wagon, the new Charger. They're definitely looking to their past...
    yes i know that, but i was refering to the sports cars these brands make...
    as far as production cars go, i bet most people have no clue that car makes allusion to an older car.. ... thats why i didint bother mentioning them... also because it destroyed my whole point but... thats beyond the point
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

chrysler for the most part is just re-using names.. they dont look a thing like the ones that were produced with the original name. some like the 300C has proportions that are reminiscent of cars from the 50s and 60s, but they arent copies e.g. ford gt.

Firepower
    You have to remember its not about making cars well, its about selling cars well. The new Ford GT is a beautiful design, and im very happy they brought it back. Also the new mustang is great, although some dont like the new retro-ish styling others love it.
    And Pontiac uses the Monaro because Bob Lutz fell in love with it when he drove it. He wanted to have it on sale in America, and what better to sell the sell the car than put the "GTO" name plate on it? Although i do agree with many people that the Monaro doesnt really deserve the GTO name, but that doesnt make it a bad car, nor a bad deal.

Id be surprised if it wasnt a fast revver, LS1s are very fast revvers, even at your standards.
    As far as tunability goes i dont see why thats not a "tunable" engine, it has much potential.

Yeah, but maybe it's a Mercedes... j/k.

I'm thinking Ford looks to the future more than the other two.
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Id be surprised if it wasnt a fast revver, LS1s are very fast revvers, even at your standards.
    As far as tunability goes i dont see why thats not a "tunable" engine, it has much potential.
    It's about getting air/fuel IN and exhaust out.
    That needs the valve to create a larger opening with less restriction.
    That needs larger valve area and longer opening.
    To do that in only 1 inlet and 1 exhaust becomes difficult and VERY expensive as the valve stem to head ratio creates a higher stress causing breakage and difficult airflow. it also generates MUCH higher valve temperature AND it requires a VERY high lift cam and associated double springs.
    More valves allow each valve to be smaller and offering more area so they run cooler and less stressed. The stem to head ratio is lower and can be more 'flowed' and reduces stress and improves flow. More valves mean they dont' have to open as far to offer the same flow, so the cam doesn't have to be so extreme and the springs don't nee to be so strong.
    So multiple valves in a HIGH performance engine means inherently less stress in the valve train.
    Multiple valves can also assist in controlling the fule/air flow dynamics to optimise swirl in the chamber. This used to be viewd as the 'best' way but more modern fluid dynamics modelling has led designers to use the manifold to produce the necessary 'swirl'.

EDIT: I went looking for detailed numbers on the LS1 engines bore/strock and valve sizes to add more information, more explanation of why the above is true and found a VERY informative article - http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls1c.html . It's a great read and I think shines MUCH light on this and previous Corvette engine discussions ( not because it only supports my view BTW )
    The CLEARLY spent a lot of time getting the flow in and out. They then got "enough" power using just the 2 valves so stayted with it ( also comments about truck owners )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-23-2004 at 02:55 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    It's on okay car I suppose. Better than most, but again, there's a ton of cars I'd rather have.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

It's about getting air/fuel IN and exhaust out.
    That needs the valve to create a larger opening with less restriction.
    That needs larger valve area and longer opening.
    To do that in only 1 inlet and 1 exhaust becomes difficult and VERY expensive as the valve stem to head ratio creates a higher stress causing breakage and difficult airflow. it also generates MUCH higher valve temperature AND it requires a VERY high lift cam and associated double springs.
    More valves allow each valve to be smaller and offering more area so they run cooler and less stressed. The stem to head ratio is lower and can be more 'flowed' and reduces stress and improves flow. More valves mean they dont' have to open as far to offer the same flow, so the cam doesn't have to be so extreme and the springs don't nee to be so strong.
    So multiple valves in a HIGH performance engine means inherently less stress in the valve train.
    Multiple valves can also assist in controlling the fule/air flow dynamics to optimise swirl in the chamber. This used to be viewd as the 'best' way but more modern fluid dynamics modelling has led designers to use the manifold to produce the necessary 'swirl'.

EDIT: I went looking for detailed numbers on the LS1 engines bore/strock and valve sizes to add more information, more explanation of why the above is true and found a VERY informative article - http://www.idavette.net/hib/ls1c.html . It's a great read and I think shines MUCH light on this and previous Corvette engine discussions ( not because it only supports my view BTW )
    The CLEARLY spent a lot of time getting the flow in and out. They then got "enough" power using just the 2 valves so stayted with it ( also comments about truck owners )
    Ah yes, all true, but you said that it would be hard to tune, which is still untrue. Just like the LS1, which is extremely easy to tune for high hp and tq numbers, bolt ons to the 6.1 will mostlikley be available in the after market. On top of that forced induction is still there, which the LS1 takes to easily. For example, hotrod magazine took a bone stock (except for exhaust) camaro SS and for $4000 got a STS turbo kit (rear mounted.) With only 7psi of boost the maro was pushing 460rwhp (thats about 150 over stock) and 500ft-lbs of RW torque (thats about 180tq over stock.)
    So if you ask me the hemi will mostlikley be just as tunable as the LS1, meaning it will be very easy and cheap to do so.

Thread Information