Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SRT-10 is the best

Re: They really should....

Originally posted by more-boost1555
    use the blown Hemi in something other than that new Magnum station wagon thing (which I think is really cool by the way). Maybe use that in the Ram like you said, or if they ever decide to bring back a muscle/pony car like say the charger, that would be one hell of a motor!
    Have you seen the Dodge Charger Concept car yet?
    http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html
    4.7 litre supercharged natural gas burning V8, 335bhp

Looks really hot ! .... I really wish it wasn't a 4 door though.

Here's the rundown ... The Charger R/T (Rapid Transport) has a north-south front engine/transmission layout, but is a rear wheel drive. It's mated to a five speed manual transfer case (BWD T-5) with a 3.91 Dana 44 axle. 4.7 liter V-8 with cast iron block, aluminum 16 valve heads. The brakes come from the Dodge Viper with 4-piston calipers in the front and 2 piston calipers in the back. The upper and lower rear suspension control arms are modified from the Plymouth Prowler.

The Charger features five spoke case aluminum wheels; 19" in the front and 20" in the rear. Goodyear's extended mobility tires are P245/45R19 in the front and P295/40R20 in the rear.

More info here http://www.atomicfrog.com/mirrors/ww...er_concept.htm

Stuff the concept car -
    I want the real thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the Dodge Viper SRT-10 is half the price of other exotic cars like Ferrari's and Porshe's and can hand their ass to them on a platter, where are you going to find an $85,000 car that can do 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, 0-100mph in 8.5 seconds and the quarter in the low 12's at 120mph?

The reason ferraris are expensive is because they are enjoyable, ave incredible handling, and are very light and fast. You're paying for the name, they are meant to be enjoyable road goers, not loud-ass american cars.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by DwZX35
    The reason ferraris are expensive is because they are enjoyable, ave incredible handling, and are very light and fast. You're paying for the name, they are meant to be enjoyable road goers, not loud-ass american cars.
    i agree about the stuff you said about ferrari but the viper is enjoyed for it's un-tameability and rawness. i used to feel the same way about american cars but these forums opened my mind to see that american cars are just as good or just as crappy as any other car from any other country. besides my theory as to why such a high performing car like the viper costs so much less is because it's pretty much only the raw things that it needs to be fast and the rest of the creature comforts are tossed aside for performance. the only civilized thing in the viper is the big red starter button, and i like it.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Originally posted by spirit_r
    the Dodge Viper SRT-10 is half the price of other exotic cars like Ferrari's and Porshe's and can hand their ass to them on a platter, where are you going to find an $85,000 car that can do 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, 0-100mph in 8.5 seconds and the quarter in the low 12's at 120mph?
    How about the 2005 Pontiac GTO 427.

Originally posted by DwZX35
    Another reason the likes of F40, 50s and Enzos are so expensive is because they only build a few to pump their price up.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Wink Euro cars have more appeal

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i agree about the stuff you said about ferrari but the viper is enjoyed for it's un-tameability and rawness. i used to feel the same way about american cars but these forums opened my mind to see that american cars are just as good or just as crappy as any other car from any other country. besides my theory as to why such a high performing car like the viper costs so much less is because it's pretty much only the raw things that it needs to be fast and the rest of the creature comforts are tossed aside for performance. the only civilized thing in the viper is the big red starter button, and i like it.
    A Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo may take a lot more money to build than a Viper SRT-10, but you have to admit they are way overpriced.
    The main reasons for the higher cost of a Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche is because their cars have much more appeal, someone also mentioned your paying for the name.
    Dunno about you, but I'd take a Maranello over a Viper any day, not because it has better road manners, but because it has much more appeal.
    If you go to South Beach in Miami, Florida you would pick up alot more women with a Ferrari than a Viper.

All i care about is havin' a ride theat exels 200 MPH and has enough horsepower to challenge a whole damn ranch

All i care about is havin' a ride theat exels 200 MPH and has enough horsepower to challenge a whole damn ranch

Originally posted by Ham 'N' Eggs
    i love the viper too, but did you have to say that Volkswagen "sucks ass"?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

the lightning hes talking about is the new concept that uses an engine very similar to that of the gt. It may only be a concept but so is the ram srt 10 to my knowledge. I think the conceptis sweet. Personally id rather have a gt than anything else, but i dont have 100 grand to spend.

I think you could pick up plenty of chicks in a viper. At least, as many as you can fit in the trunk...

the ford is out of hand...

Thread Information