Thread: Ferrari Daytona Replica

Ferrari Daytona Replica

So,........ aside from insulting our sensibilities, what is a replica of a Ferrari Daytona convertible worth in U.S. dollars. I mean if a Cobra can be imitated and be readily accepted, surely there is a market for an imitation Ferrari. This particular one obviously on a Corvette chassis with an L98 350 in it, was sitting outside the Russo and Steele Auction Area with a For Sale Sign, asking for $20,000 or best offer. I admit, I was tempted. What's good enough for Don Johnson is good enough for me. Besides, I'll certainly never have a real one. What's your take on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For me it comes down to knowing that it's a fake, and sometimes preferring to have the car that it's based on. A Cobra replica is created from the ground up, whereas something like this is adapted from an existing vehicle. I'd prefer something that was a recreation than an adaptation.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    For me it comes down to knowing that it's a fake, and sometimes preferring to have the car that it's based on. A Cobra replica is created from the ground up, whereas something like this is adapted from an existing vehicle. I'd prefer something that was a recreation than an adaptation.
    To quote Andrea Aggassi; in today's world, image is everything. Anyway, thanks for your input.
    Last edited by C-4 guy; 08-24-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Is that a Corvette C4 convertible underneath?

I'm not sure if I would pay that much for it, but I guess there are some people who would.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Is that a Corvette C4 convertible underneath?

I'm not sure if I would pay that much for it, but I guess there are some people who would.
    Yes, I would think so.

a 330 GTS would be more interesting, I never liked the looks of the Daytona.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think i would feel a little guilty misleading those that would get really excited to see it but can't tell that it's not real

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I'd have to agree- not to say that it's ugly, just that it's bland. The wedge shape screams 70's to me- in a bad way.

Personally, I don't think it aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'd have to agree- not to say that it's ugly, just that it's bland. The wedge shape screams 70's to me- in a bad way.

Personally, I don't think it aged well.
    This is a safe place.

I always thought the Daytona was ugly, and never really understood its appeal beyond it being the last FR V12 Ferrari for a while, and coke addled Miami Vice aspirations.

henk4, a 330 GTS was never a favourite of mine, nor a 275 GTB.

Let's all agree on an non-replica 275 GTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    This is a safe place.

I always thought the Daytona was ugly, and never really understood its appeal beyond it being the last FR V12 Ferrari for a while, and coke addled Miami Vice aspirations.

henk4, a 330 GTS was never a favourite of mine, nor a 275 GTB.

Let's all agree on an non-replica 275 GTS.
    Wonderful discussion. Maybe I'll just stick with my stock C4.

The best looking convertible ever made is the Ferrari 250 GT California, SWB, covered headlamps. Or maybe the 8C Competitzione Spider.

The end.

Oh, and I'd rather have a Corvette than a fake Ferrari.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by C-4 guy View Post
    So,........ aside from insulting our sensibilities, what is a replica of a Ferrari Daytona convertible worth in U.S. dollars. I mean if a Cobra can be imitated and be readily accepted, surely there is a market for an imitation Ferrari. This particular one obviously on a Corvette chassis with an L98 350 in it, was sitting outside the Russo and Steele Auction Area with a For Sale Sign, asking for $20,000 or best offer. I admit, I was tempted. What's good enough for Don Johnson is good enough for me. Besides, I'll certainly never have a real one. What's your take on it.
    A replica is a fake.
    Cobras are about the only socially accepted replicas but they are quite cramped and not comfortable for everyday use.

Why fake it?
    I even made up a catchphrase for this: Those who buy fake cars deserve to have their girls fake orgasms for them.
    I'm pretty sure you can order a body kit and make a C4 look UNIQUE yet proudly Vette.

Something like

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Big time View Post
    A replica is a fake.
    Cobras are about the only socially accepted replicas but they are quite cramped and not comfortable for everyday use.

Why fake it?
    I even made up a catchphrase for this: Those who buy fake cars deserve to have their girls fake orgasms for them.
    I'm pretty sure you can order a body kit and make a C4 look UNIQUE yet proudly Vette.

Something like

Don't hold back, give us your real opinion.

Factory Five car looks ok, the second car looks like a poorly built plastic kit, and the third car is Dutch sort of tuning exercise.

Thread Information