Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renault Laguna III 2007-2015

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Agreed. Didn't think of it. But still, it can't be that button... There's no way that Renault would put such an important button way over there. We have a Renault and my dad has always been enthusiast about the placement of the various buttons...
    I have to agree with that. I occasionally drive a Mk I Scenic and the radio controls on the steering column are great, easily the easiest and more intuitive I've ever used.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I have to agree with that. I occasionally drive a Mk I Scenic and the radio controls on the steering column are great, easily the easiest and more intuitive I've ever used.
    As for our 2004 Mégane Grand Tour: The cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are great. My mother even uses it. And behind the wheel there is a little 'stick' (can't think of an other word) with all the radio controls on it. So if my dad is called he can safely and fast turn the radio on mute and answer the phone (handsfree in-ear kit). He was very keen on it. However I think you only get that if you get a factory build-in radio.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Why would you have a speedlimiter? If you would just set the cruise control to that speed nothing can happen...
    not really as you can pres the throttle and it will go faster
    Limit is for the retards who can't read a speedo !! IF it's set to prevent son/daughter going too fast then kinda easy for them to disable it when you're not looking :!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Agreed. Didn't think of it. But still, it can't be that button... There's no way that Renault would put such an important button way over there. We have a Renault and my dad has always been enthusiast about the placement of the various buttons...
    Let's make it clear:

The button next to the nav buttons does the following:

It enables the cruise control system or limiter system. If that button isn't pressed then the buttons on the steering wheel don't do anything. When you press the cruise control button a little green Cruise light lights up on the dash. After enabling the system you can now set the cruise speed with the buttons on the steering wheel. The O button on the steering wheel doesn't disable the system it merely cancels the cruise in the same way it would cancel the cruise by pushing the brake peddal.
    What Matra said is wrong, when you push the button next to the nav buttons you do NOT start the cruise. You need to push a second button on the steering wheel to actually start it.

It's like that on all renaults with cruise/limiter. Well on our 2 Vel Satis' and Espace we used to own anyway.

As for the new Laguna, I like the front. I HATE the back. The back of the wagon is a bit better. The interior looks fantastic though.

Ok, but as you say that is probably only for Renaults with a speed limiter. Because our Mégane has only got cruise control, and it is turned on and off with the 'R' and 'O' button. And I'm a 100% sure of that, I just asked my father...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    What Matra said is wrong, when you push the button next to the nav buttons you do NOT start the cruise. You need to push a second button on the steering wheel to actually start it.

It's like that on all renaults with cruise/limiter. Well on our 2 Vel Satis' and Espace we used to own anyway.
    Agreed. But pusign thhe button on the wheel is for setting the speed for the cruise to hold.
    If the button on console isn't in cruise mode than the wheel button doesn't do anything -- is that still the case ?
    So cruise is "enabled" with the button on the console but takes control only after presing "R" -- yes ?
    That's what I'd meant and sure how it used to work.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Agreed. But pusign thhe button on the wheel is for setting the speed for the cruise to hold.
    If the button on console isn't in cruise mode than the wheel button doesn't do anything -- is that still the case ?
    So cruise is "enabled" with the button on the console but takes control only after presing "R" -- yes ?
    That's what I'd meant and sure how it used to work.
    Yep. The buttons on the steering wheel do absolutely nothing when the button on the center console isn't in any of the two modes (cruise or limit).

To set a cruise speed you need to press - or + while driving. You can't use R the first time IIRC. Since it forgets the previously set speed when you completely disable the system by using the button on the centre console.

The R is to accelerate again (or decellerate) to the set speed after braking or accelerating manually. The O is for cancelling cruise instead of pushing the brakes.
    Last edited by Lagonda; 06-21-2007 at 07:05 AM.

Ok, but as you say that is probably only for Renaults with a speed limiter. Because our Mégane has only got cruise control, and it is turned on and off with the 'R' and 'O' button. And I'm a 100% sure of that, I just asked my father...
    I think you stil have that button somewhere but you probably leave it enabled all the time. It's a bit silly that it requires you to somehow activate the cruise system. I think it's on the left side under the steering wheel somewhere on a Megane. But I'm not sure.

EDIT: yes it is: take a look at this pic, next to the button that disables the ESP: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&d=1133895027
    Last edited by Lagonda; 06-21-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I think you stil have that button somewhere but you probably leave it enabled all the time. It's a bit silly that it requires you to somehow activate the cruise system. I think it's on the left side under the steering wheel somewhere on a Megane. But I'm not sure.

EDIT: yes it is: take a look at this pic, next to the button that disables the ESP: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...2&d=1133895027
    Yeah you're right, but I guess we have always turned it on, since we have got no children in our family anymore and everybody uses the cruise control.

Speed limiter is usefull when you pull a caravan, you can simply say that the car drives 100kmh maximum en not a single kmu harder.
    Current Laguna has the buttons on smart places. Like the navigation, you simply can't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoT___ View Post
    Speed limiter is usefull when you pull a caravan, you can simply say that the car drives 100kmh maximum en not a single kmu harder.
    Current Laguna has the buttons on smart places. Like the navigation, you simply can't miss it.
    kick down will override the speed limiter, there goes your excuse....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by RoT___ View Post
    Speed limiter is usefull when you pull a caravan, you can simply say that the car drives 100kmh maximum en not a single kmu harder
    As said before a driver who can't keep a vehicle to a speed "Limit" - which varies by traffic signs - shouldn't be allowed on the road.
    DOUBLY so if they're towing a caravan !!! Spawn of the devil !!!!!!!

Renault Laguna GT

RENAULT LAGUNA GT: A CONCENTRATE OF DRIVING
    PLEASURE AND AUTOMOTIVE EFFICIENCY

Stylish, expressive Renault Laguna GT introduces the new Active Drive chassis
    with four-wheel steering (4WS) and two exclusive high-performance engines in the form of the diesel 2.0 dCi 180hp and the petrol 2.0 turbo 205hp. Renault Laguna GT makes a sparkling entry into the select field of sports tourers, combining real and perceived quality with performance, safety and driving pleasure.
    Not only does the Active Drive chassis with four-wheel steering break new ground on the sporting saloon market but it also brings a long list of real benefits which combine to reach new heights in driveability and active safety. These include enhanced manoeuvrability, rigorous dynamic response and unmatched steering precision which gives the driver truly intuitive control over the cornering line. The steering is immediately reassuring and agreeable, even at low speeds. In town and on winding roads, the car is easy to drive: agile and precise. The Active Drive chassis with four-wheel steering also
    excels in active safety, both under difficult braking conditions and during avoidance manoeuvres at speed. Sleek and distinctive, Renault Laguna GT delivers a unique and unprecedented blend of driving pleasure and peace of mind at an affordable price which is backed by a three-year (or 150,000km) warranty.
    Distinctive GT styling
    Renault Laguna GT's stylish looks express an elegance that goes much further than sporting ability alone. The lines of its long, steeply-raked bonnet highlight the purposeful front-end and grille which is redolent of the most powerful Renaults. The car's forceful character is further underpinned by its lateral air-intakes and headlamps with black masks. Renault Laguna GT sits on specific, generously sized 225/45 18-inch Bridgestone Potenza tyres, the DNA of which can be traced back to Formula 1, while the special Celsium wheels barely conceal 320mm diameter discs at the front and 300mm discs at
    the rear which provide plenty of braking bite.
    The promise of the Active Drive chassis is also exuded by the erodynamically designed sills which extend from the front of the car to the characteristic straight-section twin tailpipe at the rear. Sports tourer attributes run through to every last detail, such as the gloss black wing mirrors and smoked rear lamp units.
    Sports interior As well as appearing on the outside centre pillar, the exclusive GT logo is also embossed on the light grey alcantara of the front seatbacks. As on all Renault Laguna models, the interior design exudes a most impressive sense of comfort and quality for all occupants.
    Sports design details abound, highlighting the exclusive capacities of the GT version:
    cross-drilled aluminium pedal, sports gearshift lever knob, dark charcoal leather upholstery with reinforced lateral support and special steering wheel. Extreme attention has been paid to materials and finish, true to the car’s unwavering commitment to pure motoring pleasure.
    GT version with three-year (or 150,000km) warranty Renault Laguna GT is available in saloon and estate forms, both of which occupy the topend
    of the Laguna range in terms of technology and engines. In addition to delivering best-in-class performance, driveability and acoustics, the very latest evolution of the 2.0 dCi engine yields exceptional peak power of 180hp/131kW at 3,750rpm, while peak torque of 400Nm is available from 2,000rpm. Renault Laguna GT is also available with a sports version of the two-litre 16-valve petrol unit (205hp/150kW at 5,000rpm; 300Nm from 3,000rpm). Derived from Renault Sport technology as featured on Mégane RS, it has been specifically optimized for Renault Laguna GT. The international media test-drive programme begins on March 20, followed by a staggered sales release schedule for most European countries starting mid-spring. Renault Laguna GT will be unveiled at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show.
    With its Active Drive chassis and specific powerplants, this is a car for emanding, imageconscious motorists. Yet it is remarkably affordable for a vehicle with this spectrum of features. Renault Laguna GT takes up a unique position on the sports saloon market, offering a sensational driving experience with total peace of mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

last photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

The previous Laguna is the only French car I've ever driven; a rented diesel in Italy. It was fantastic. I can't imagine how nice this version in a GT spec must be.

Thread Information