Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG! Logitech G25 wheel!

OMG! Logitech G25 wheel!

25 Racing Wheel Delivers Ultimate PC Gaming Experience

Company's Most Advanced Wheel Offers Six-Speed Shifter and Clutch, Dual-Motor Force Feedback, 900-Degree Wheel Rotation, Premium Materials

LOS ANGELES — May 9, 2006 — Today at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3), Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) unveiled its most advanced gaming wheel ever, the Logitech® G25 Racing Wheel, enabling people to bring the most lifelike racing experience into the home. But amateurs beware: The limited-edition G25 wheel’s uncanny realism could lead to moments of extreme exhilaration and fear.

A member of the company’s extreme-performance G-series family of peripherals for PC gamers, the Logitech G25 wheel offers advanced features which, until now, could be found only in specialized or custom-made racing simulators that sometimes cost thousands of dollars to assemble. These features include a six-speed gated shifter and clutch pedal; two high-torque force-feedback motors; an 11-inch wheel; and a full 900 degrees of rotation. The wheel, shifter and pedals are made with premium materials such as stainless steel and leather, delivering the look and feel of parts from a race car cockpit.

“We’re helping people bring the race car into their home,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for interactive entertainment. “The G25 wheel will take expert gamers to places they’ve never been. It will make people forget they are in front of their PC, and it will put them in the pole position at Indianapolis, Monza or Brands Hatch race tracks.”

Six-Speed Shifter and Clutch Pedal

The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is the company’s first to include a six-speed gated shifter, complete with a push-down reverse gear, offering a new level of control. Now racers can quickly shift into any gear as they decelerate going into turns and accelerate out of them – rather than cycling through gears sequentially or hoping an automatic transmission selects the most appropriate gear. Advanced driving techniques such as heel-and-toe downshifting are made possible with the included clutch pedal.

Two-Motor Force Feedback

Logitech, which has sold more force-feedback wheels than any other company, introduced the industry’s first two-motor force-feedback mechanism with the G25 wheel console, providing stronger and more precise feedback. With a second motor, the directional forces are more realistic and evenly distributed throughout the wheel – drivers will feel everything from the banks in the road to impact with walls, structures and other cars. The two-motor system is also much quieter than other force-feedback solutions.

Sturdy Design, Premium Materials

The 11-inch wheel and the shift knob are wrapped in leather, providing comfortable grips over extended periods of intense racing. The wheel’s spokes and two paddle shifters are made of stainless steel, and the pedals consist of stainless-steel faces and steel frames. The pedal platform includes rubber feet that adhere to hardwood floors and a unique carpet grip system, ensuring that the pedals won’t shift or slide across the floor during a close race to the finish line. Both the shifter and steering console feature secure clamping systems and can be easily attached to a table or desktop.

900-Degree Steering, Advanced Controls

The G25 wheel turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock, much like a typical race car, allowing drivers to navigate hairpin turns with greater accuracy. And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic and quiet experience. The wheel also features 12 programmable buttons – four buttons on the wheel, and eight buttons and a directional pad on the shifter – allowing gamers to put the most important controls where they want them.
    Game and Platform Support

The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is compatible with current racing titles, such as rFactor™ and Live for Speed, as well as several other PC racing titles currently in development. The wheel can also be used with any PlayStation®2 game that is compatible with other Logitech force-feedback wheels, including the Logitech® Driving Force™ and Logitech® Driving Force™ Pro.
    For PC and PlayStation 2 games that don’t support the six-speed shifting mode, racers can switch the gearbox into sequential shifting mode, which is supported by almost all driving games. A complete list of games that support force-feedback wheels, 900-degree steering, and the six-speed shifter can be found on the G25 product information page at www.logitech.com.

Pricing and Availability
    The limited-edition Logitech G25 Racing Wheel will be available online at www.logitech.com and through select retailers in the U.S. and Europe beginning in October. Its suggested retail price in the U.S. is $299.99.

***ENDS***

pics:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=11867
    PC fans rejoice!

I'm sure us GTR guys will be very happy.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Sounds great, but $300!?! No thanks!

Unfotunately this is one of those things I'll have to wait for the price to go down before I ever get one.
    eat cicada

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    October eh? I guess I'm not even gonna wait for the price to drop a penny.

Well........maybe Christmas.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    October eh? I guess I'm not even gonna wait for the price to drop a penny.

Well........maybe Christmas.
    Parents' money or yours...

Who wants to go rob a bank with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Meh, it's only a week of working. Oh yeah, my computer sucks.. I don't have GT-R, I'm going to College, and I have stuff to pay-off. Nm, make it a year. Sign me up for the heist.

It looks a bit overkill...the Momo is much more handy and better ergonomically.

Also, you never need 900 rotation in racing sim games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Parents' money or yours...
    Mine, unless I get it for Christmas, which I doubt.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    If you can get those hardwares you mentioned in your imaginery PC, then you should be able to get this easily.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

That's so cool!! A must have for sure!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Are these kinds of things available for PS2??

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Sign me up for the heist.
    Now all we need is some silenced pistols...

at least its cheaper than this.

http://www.thomas-superwheel.com/prods.html
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thread Information