Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Finally, a car to call my own..

Sigma's still holding together, even after a few summer road trips and paddock drift sessions...heres a photo from one of the tours and another after a really half-assed attempt at cleaning it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Sigma's still holding together, even after a few summer road trips and paddock drift sessions...heres a photo from one of the tours and another after a really half-assed attempt at cleaning it.
    You managed to drift it?
    With that amount of power I think congratulations are in order.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

oh shit yes. got a paddock with a bit of dew on it and traction is a luxury! its killing my wheel alignment though.

././.

Quote Originally Posted by salomon ten View Post
    ././.
    hmm, since it took you about two years for you to design that code, it would required so much more time for me to understand it and find out you just wrote...LOL GT-R perhaps?!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    we had those here, starting as the Galant, and a little bit later we got Sigmas two, even with a V6. The Galant was impressive because it was the first turbo diesel on the market...
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    That will be one of the cars assembled in New Zealand from CKD kits sent from Japan. This was back in the days when NZ still had a thriving car assembly (as opposed to manufacturing) business.
    Lots of companies assembled cars in NZ right up until the government introduced zero tarriffs for car imports. Toyota were the last to close up their assembly lines in 1998. For some seven decades prior to this, BMC (Austin, Morris, Leyland, Jaguar and Rover), Ford, Honda, Holden, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Datsun/Nissan, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Renault and many others assembled cars from CKD kits in New Zealand.

Factoid

We (NZ) actually exported them to Europe in the early 80’s where they were sold as the Lonsdale Satellite, they didn’t sell well.

Looks tidy man, well done.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago..my cars failed its warrant of fitness. nothing major this time, tyres, tie rod end and wheel alignment, but its starting to get quite smokey and engines pretty tired, so looks like I'm probably going to sell it. I've been driving mums '96 Toyota Corona in the mean time, and will be for a while. She's buying a '05 Camry or similar in a few weeks time. Be sad to see Sig go but it'll be nice driving a manual car thats not mind numbingly slow!

Quote Originally Posted by TTEETT View Post
    Factoid

We (NZ) actually exported them to Europe in the early 80’s where they were sold as the Lonsdale Satellite, they didn’t sell well.
    Sorry but the Lonsdale was manufactured in, exported from, and named after, Mitsubishi's car plant location in Adelaide, Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonsdale_(car)

Thread Information