42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would've done the same thing

12 28.57%
  • I would've pulled over

30 71.43%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrun the cops: Poll

Outrun the cops: Poll

I know there is a video thread, but this is in a league of its own.

The question is, assuming you were dumb enough to do this on a highway... would you have done this or pulled over and chanced the huge fine and jail time?

Either way you are going to be royally screwed for going 170mph...

Personally I dont know what I would do.

YouTube - ford mustang cobra out runs police
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    The video wasn't clear enough for me, I didn't see where the police car was located, and if they really had to evade him or if they just shot past and the cop car never tried anything...I'd never do that speed, and if i were to get caught speeding i'd pull over. Sucks now in Ontario though, 50 over law here, is if ur caught going 50 km (31mph) over speed limit, $3200 fine (2000 grand fine and car impounded for a week so the fee for that is about 1200) and then a mandatory court date...It sucks balls, that being said i've only ever done 140 km/h, that was the week before the law went into effect, wanted to see how it felt before they started levying the huge fines, I enjoyed it because it was a beautiful clear sunny day, perfect weather, but i would have enjoyed the drive regardless, and since have not done faster then 20 km over speed limit. I would stop because evading the police is grounds fo much more serous punishment then just losing your liscence for a year and having to do aggressive driving courses, which are the ideal punishment for a speeding offence, on top of the monetary fines...
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I would not have done 170+ mph on a limited stretch of public road anyway. If you do that you deserve jail time.
    Last edited by nopassn; 05-14-2008 at 09:47 AM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I've watched enough Worlds Wildest Police Videos to know to stop. They will catch you. Now I don't know the details on this. If the cop clocked him then maybe you consider it, but if the cop was going the other way and simply knew you were going REALLLLY fast (not how fast) then maybe you stop because I knew a guy who was going about 90 in a 45 mph zone and the cop just saw him and could only give him a ticket for like 10 over because he couldn't verify how fast he was traveling. So maybe I take my chance that he doesn't know how fast I was really going.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I've watched enough Worlds Wildest Police Videos to know to stop. They will catch you. Now I don't know the details on this. If the cop clocked him then maybe you consider it, but if the cop was going the other way and simply knew you were going REALLLLY fast (not how fast) then maybe you stop because I knew a guy who was going about 90 in a 45 mph zone and the cop just saw him and could only give him a ticket for like 10 over because he couldn't verify how fast he was traveling. So maybe I take my chance that he doesn't know how fast I was really going.
    I think in the case you decscribe, the cop would simply radio in a collegue and the hunt would be on, and the result predetermined....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Can't outrun the helicopters . . .

Either way the irony is they have these super strict laws about speeding, but way more people are hurt because of drivers on their phone, not using their turn indicators, running red lights, etc.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Can't outrun the helicopters . . .

Either way the irony is they have these super strict laws about speeding, but way more people are hurt because of drivers on their phone, not using their turn indicators, running red lights, etc.
    It has been estimated that in Holland more than half of the fatalities is caused by a deliberate breaking of the rules, not only speeding, but indeed the reasons you describe plus f.i. ignoring stop signs and violating priority rules...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I wouldn't do those crazy speeds on public roads but if I came to doing it I sure wouldnt stop to be arrested...
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

If your man enough to speed, be man enough to pull over and face the consequences..

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    If your man enough to speed, be man enough to pull over and face the consequences..
    or man up some more and outrun the fecker

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    or man up some more and outrun the fecker
    I guess your the one currently losing 7-1
    autozine.org

If i happened to be going that speed, i would try outrun the pig that saw me. Then find a built up area and hide in a dark alley
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I would not have done 170+ mph on a limited stretch of public road anyway. If you do that you deserve jail time.
    you do deserve it for two reasons:
    - it's dangerous, so many other cars, you are crazy
    - in such a road, the probability to find a police car are really high, so you are not very smart neither

and btw, going 170 or even more on a straight street with other cars it isn't so funny. try a racetrack and 1 lateral g (maybe not with a mustang...) on a fast bend.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

If I were sixteen or seventeen I might have, but the possibility that the situation might escalate is too much for me now that I actually have plans laid out for my life and everything.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    If I were sixteen or seventeen I might have, but the possibility that the situation might escalate is too much for me now that I actually have plans laid out for my life and everything.
    i hope ypu didn't own a mustang svt as your first car...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information