Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anybody Seen District 9 Yet?

Sounds like a good movie since I saw the trailer, maybe I'll watch it later.

somone needs to put a f*cking spoiler warning at the top of the thread name

Almost spoiled half the movie for myself reading your posts.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    somone needs to put a f*cking spoiler warning at the top of the thread name

Almost spoiled half the movie for myself reading your posts.
    im sorry ballz!! you can blame me for that. i wonder if there will be a sequal. to be quite honest, i want a sequel!!!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

A sequel!, shit dam it i can't watch it now.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    A sequel!, shit dam it i can't watch it now.
    im hoping for a sequel. there isn't one in the rumors yet. is there?
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    i think im gonna name my first kid vikus!
    Go ahead, but then you wouldn't be referencing this movie as he was named Wikus, not Vikus. The Afrikaans accents made it sound different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Go ahead, but then you wouldn't be referencing this movie as he was named Wikus, not Vikus. The Afrikaans accents made it sound different.
    must we get technical? you know what i mean!

as per a sequal, its doing well so maybe it might get one. it would need a really good plot...
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    im hoping for a sequel. there isn't one in the rumors yet. is there?
    ?. Not sure ?.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

it would be an epic win if there was going to be a sequal in the making though. i also thought that the Wikus character was adorable. they siad that he wasn't the brightest guy around.
    PINGAS!!!!

What is "District 9"---an idea, a movie, a mirage, an inspiration or an aspiration? My assessment is that this movie is the epitome of a high level of human creativity and imagination, brought to life in a very practical and realistic way. In fact, seven hours after watching the movie, i am still trying to determine what I saw. A movie should be able to raise one's intellectual possibilities while entertaining the individual, at the same time. In other instances, it should spark an inner excitement of novelty and wonder, on the basis of the schema and structure of the subject matter in the movie. This movie does just that.

Apparently, it is a movie in its own class. While most of the main actors in the movie are unheard of, they all performed brilliantly, to the extent that they were all able to firmly hold one's attention for almost 2 hours. This includes the aliens whom i was unsure were real or computer generated. Either way, their act was seamless and very realistic. The movie had a few things in common with an earlier sci-fi movie, "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise.

While "District 9" had no intellectual or moral value, at least to me, as a sci-fi movie, it blends technology with real drama, thriller, and action. I beleive this rare combination of genres into one movie, is what set it apart. By the end of the movie, as Peter Jackson almost always does in all his movies, the possibility of a sequel to "District 9" appears to be more than a fleeting reality.

I have never been disappointed with Peter Jackson's skilled merging of reality and computer generated elements. He does it so well that we all had a hard time identifying where reality starts and where it ends. Peter Jackson does a great job in drawing the viewer into the emotional and physiological needs of the aliens, while unusually neglecting the mundane selfish needs/ends of humans. In a way, the movie's strategy unusually humanizes aliens, unlike any other sci-fi movie we have seen before. Again, this observation is what adds to the unique nature of the movie.

All in all, I would give the movie a 4.5 out of 5. If escapism and good drama/thriller, is what you seek this summer, then this is the movie for you. Well done Peter Jackson.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 08-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.

I went and saw it a couple days ago because everyone kept saying how original it was and that it was one of those must see movies, but I didn't like it. I didn't really see anything in the movie that hadn't been kicked around in science fiction (especially books) for years. I was actually kind of bored, rather than excited, and I didn't get bored watching 2001: A Space Odyssey which was a slower paced movie. About the most involved I got in it was frustration over how stupid Wikus was (which doesn't normally bother me that much, I don't know why it did here) and shooting the pig at the guy. That was epic.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    What is "District 9"---an idea, a movie, a mirage, an inspiration or an aspiration? My assessment is that this movie is the epitome of a high level of human creativity and imagination, brought to life in a very practical and realistic way. In fact, seven hours after watching the movie, i am still trying to determine what I saw. A movie should be able to raise one's intellectual possibilities while entertaining the individual, at the same time. In other instances, it should spark an inner excitement of novelty and wonder, on the basis of the schema and structure of the subject matter in the movie. This movie does just that.

Apparently, it is a movie in its own class. While most of the main actors in the movie are unheard of, they all performed brilliantly, to the extent that they were all able to firmly hold one's attention for almost 2 hours. This includes the aliens whom i was unsure were real or computer generated. Either way, their act was seamless and very realistic. The movie had a few things in common with an earlier sci-fi movie, "The day the Earth Stood Still" with Tom Cruise.

While "District 9" had no intellectual or moral value, at least to me, as a sci-fi movie, it blends technology with real drama, thriller, and action. I beleive this rare combination of genres into one movie, is what set it apart. By the end of the movie, as Peter Jackson almost always does in all his movies, the possibility of a sequel to "District 9" appears to be more than a fleeting reality.

I have never been disappointed with Peter Jackson's skilled merging of reality and computer generated elements. He does it so well that we all had a hard time identifying where reality starts and where it ends. Peter Jackson does a great job in drawing the viewer into the emotional and physiological needs of the aliens, while unusually neglecting the mundane selfish needs/ends of humans. In a way, the movie's strategy unusually humanizes aliens, unlike other sci-fi movies we have seen before. Again, this observation is what adds to the unique nature of the movie.

All in all, I would give the movie a 4.5 out of 5. If escapism and good drama/thriller, is what you seek this summer, then this is the movie for you. Well done Peter Jackson.
    thats Keanu Reeves in The Day the Earth Stood Still. i seen that too.
    PINGAS!!!!

That was a 50/50 movie also.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    thats Keanu Reeves in The Day the Earth Stood Still. i seen that too.
    Thanks. You are right! I think I meant "End of Days", where the world was being attacked by Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    Thanks. You are right! I think I meant "End of Days", where the world was being attacked by Aliens.
    no prob! you mean War Of The Worlds.
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information