Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cadillac CTS - V--- What a doll

would make a nice alternative to the top end HSV's if sold here, although no-one would buy one.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by TheScrutineer View Post
    I like the looks, and hasn't it lapped the nurburgring faster than any 4 door saloon?

According to reviews though the interior is typical American junk and the ride with break your spine.
    In the review that I saw where they compared it to an E63 and such it was actually supposed to have a better ride, though slightly worse turn in than the E63. And the interior is actually pretty good from my experience. It's not an E63 but as has been mentioned 30 grand has got to get you something.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    would make a nice alternative to the top end HSV's if sold here, although no-one would buy one.
    Stick a BMW or Benz badge on it though and boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Good point!
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    In the review that I saw where they compared it to an E63 and such it was actually supposed to have a better ride, though slightly worse turn in than the E63. And the interior is actually pretty good from my experience. It's not an E63 but as has been mentioned 30 grand has got to get you something.
    What did they end up preferring? What other cars were in the comparison?

That's the thing that annoysme so much about some of this. It does a lot of things better than the cars that it's competing with, but no one gives it any respect because it's a GM. People either want German or Japanese, depending on the crowd, and won't consider stuff from other places as anything other than rubbish.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Or just give it an HSV body.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The Cadillac CTS-V looks better than an E55 AMG or a BMW M5. It has an unusual beauty to it. Its really a rare american eye candy and it stands out in the crowd in terms of looks and sound, better than any Charger or Camarro out there. I have been unable to get the picture of the CTS-V out of my mind. It has really stuck. I feel like making love to the CTS-V. Have i morphed into an automotive whore? I thought Nissan was my first mistress.

****ing mental pictures man. god damnit.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

you mean a HSV badge..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

you mean a HSV badge..
    don't forget all those all important HSV spoilers & scoops & air dams & ground effects along with the HSV 'limited edition' badge they all seem to wear. what about some 'exclusive' HSV merchandise, like a dumb looking sports jacket barely suitable for bad taste teenagers?

can't have the HSV buyer going off half cocked now can we?

the W427 comes with free jack daniels caps and shirt, true story.
    it might be the biggest bogan wagon of the bunch, but it's still bogan.

What suprised me most is the two pictures that were posted in the "Best looking saloon" thread. From one year to the other the car had simply been riced to an embarrassing degree. Now, I usually don't care much about how a car looks if it drives well, but I wouldn't want to be seen in that Commodore...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    What suprised me most is the two pictures that were posted in the "Best looking saloon" thread. From one year to the other the car had simply been riced to an embarrassing degree. Now, I usually don't care much about how a car looks if it drives well, but I wouldn't want to be seen in that Commodore...
    Yeah, I was impressed at the level of riciness coming from an Aussie factory car. I can't think of anyone else that's competing with the Japanese in that regard. So kudos, I guess.
    Big cities suck

considering how clean the SS model looks, i'm not sure what HSV is going for.. well they were(are?) British run i guess.

Thread Information