Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuskicker35 View Post
    is this list real or fake? sounds like a dream wish list and ..........340 cars sounds more accurate.........and prob none of the camaros or mustangs needed on there to be a great car game will be..........you can have every toyota and honda from 1950 to now but not even one example of every generation camaro and mustang..........sad.....a true car rivalry ignored by the supposed to be greatest car game........i do love gran turismo and the do a good job but stop ignoring or leaning away from the american cars......forza motorsports is looking better by the min........hope they get there act together......starting to get a nice car list going......but to watch the vids.......looks like every car has super sticky tires and stiff as hell suspention and jerky steering........if they did have 10000 cars and charged a dollar a car........that means i would be paying 10000 dollars to play a video game with all the cars on it...........sad........and shitty.....
    Hi and welcome! This list is purely speculative and is probably not representative of the game. In the future, please try to use periods. Stream of consciousness is cool, but it's a bit of a pain to read.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

how is GT academy? i hear lots of disappointing feedback, but i've been told it's ont really representative of how GT5 is going to be anyway.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    how is GT academy? i hear lots of disappointing feedback, but i've been told it's ont really representative of how GT5 is going to be anyway.
    What the hell is that?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What the hell is that?
    isn't that what the demo thing is called? or is that the name of the comp they're running
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Name of the comp....the demo is just demo I think...

As I said, its not really heavy on content and I think its not that polished, but it sorta works and showcases what they are doing with the physic side of things....I don't find it "bad" per se, just different and needs some work on my end ATM to get used to it...The car is drivable but needs more delicate touch...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 12-21-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    isn't that what the demo thing is called? or is that the name of the comp they're running
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Name of the comp....the demo is just demo I think...

As I said, its not really heavy on content and I think its not that polished, but it sorta works and showcases what they are doing with the physic side of things....I don't find it "bad" per se, just different and needs some work on my end ATM to get used to it...The car is drivable but needs more delicate touch...
    Haven't plugged my PS3 back in yet. Another machine had replaced its area in the AV room, and we need to find a place to put that first before we put the PS3 back. It's my dad's stuff, so I need to sit tight for a little while. He organizes everything.

And no, it's not a 360. It's a Seagate harddrive thingy.

Tried it yesterday. The cars are a little weird. They seem to be very oversteery. Not sure if that's really how the cars are, or they're just set up to be that way. But I got used to it after a while and it's fine with a dualshock controller.

I think overall with both times, I'm 15,000th in change. That's pretty cool. Load times are really long though, for some very odd reason. And it's not like it's a massive demo either.

And yes, I'm about 10 seconds off the fastest times as well. I have no idea how the hell they manage times that quick.

And yes, I'm about 10 seconds off the fastest times as well. I have no idea how the hell they manage times that quick.
    That's probably their way to pretend they got a good and fast AI this time around.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    That's probably their way to pretend they got a good and fast AI this time around.
    Supposedly someone drove a time that quick. The demo is a contest for all with a PS3. You get a trip to a racetrack if you win.

I mean, considering that I have GT3, GT4 and GT5 Prologue, you'd think I'd be a pretty good driver in Gran Turismo, right?

Supposedly someone drove a time that quick. The demo is a contest for all with a PS3. You get a trip to a racetrack if you win.

I mean, considering that I have GT3, GT4 and GT5 Prologue, you'd think I'd be a pretty good driver in Gran Turismo, right?
    Got it.
    Considering in GT4 and GT3 it was pretty easy to beat the AI, perhaps you never drove at your best. I discovered that I could drop several seconds from previous lap times after a while, and then a few more focusing on each specific track, basically racing against the clock and with stock cars, which made it more difficult and interesting to go faster.
    In Enthusia the AI is much stronger, so I never tried to beat my previous times as in many races you're already satisfied with beating the AI. In that game you earn more points if you beat faster cars, so lap times are not that relevant, only the final position. In GT4 being in first position was basically a matter of corners.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Got it.
    Considering in GT4 and GT3 it was pretty easy to beat the AI, perhaps you never drove at your best. I discovered that I could drop several seconds from previous lap times after a while, and then a few more focusing on each specific track, basically racing against the clock and with stock cars, which made it more difficult and interesting to go faster.
    In Enthusia the AI is much stronger, so I never tried to beat my previous times as in many races you're already satisfied with beating the AI. In that game you earn more points if you beat faster cars, so lap times are not that relevant, only the final position. In GT4 being in first position was basically a matter of corners.
    No, I admit the AI is horrible, but quite often I would just try to beat my own track times in GT4 and work at my tuning at the same time. I prefer cars that slightly understeer, as I feel that oversteer is hard to control, in the game at least. Which could be a reason why my lap times suck.

I'm starting to dislike GT5 Prologue for the reason you brought up. Being first is nearly impossible unless you have the more expensive cars in the game, and getting money is so hard to come buy I refuse to continue old races for more money expensive cars. Especially with the rolling start, no matter how hard I race there's absolutely no way I can make it to the front of the pack.

I don't know, if Gran Turismo 5 really is just like GT5 Prologue, maybe I shouldn't get it at all. I mean, like others have complained, what does GT5 bring to the table that's new anyway?

The good thing in Enthusia was exactly that. First of all the cars were "driven", so even the best car in the game could suck in that race because the virtual driver sucked. like racing with a real dude, he can use the beest car but that doesn't mean he will win.
    Also, being good enough, you could win against an NSX or GT-R at Tsukuba with a Renault Clio RS, and with many other underdogs on different tracks, while in others you just needed more power or speed. It was a more realistically developed game, about driving cars rather than something just about reading their specs.

I'm afraid GT5 will be just as GT4, which was like GT3. Can't say GT3 and GT2 were the same, mainly because of the different console, and GT2 was a nice expansion of GT1, but features-wise in GT3 too little was added to justify the fuzz, GT4 was no exception and GT5 will be even worse, given it's in the making basically since before Sony Entertainment itself was established.

Isn't there a point were more can't be added and you've got just to go out and drive?

On that basis GT5 could be good, in the same way that all those other so-called driving simulators are good, it provides entertainment.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Isn't there a point were more can't be added and you've got just to go out and drive?

On that basis GT5 could be good, in the same way that all those other so-called driving simulators are good, it provides entertainment.
    Except that GT4 didn't entertained me once I tried other "simulators".
    And going out and drive requires to have a car. A decent, sporty car would be better, but I wouldn't nitpick.

Donate a car to your loyal LeonOfTheDead. It's for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuskicker35 View Post
    if they did have 10000 cars and charged a dollar a car........that means i would be paying 10000 dollars to play a video game with all the cars on it...........sad........and shitty.....
    What? I know your being hypothetical with this, but why would they do this
    (or rather, why would they want you to pay 10,000 bones; $1/car for every car)?
    Polyphony's fanbase would've been extinct and had been reincarnated as Forza fans a long time ago. And I mean a LONG time ago.
    That is, if this were true.

Thread Information