Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

The New Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

The new Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 features considerable innovations in terms of body design and mechanics. And also with a new name: Murcielago LP640, which refers to its engine position - longitudinale posteriore - and to its power 640 bhp. Designers and engineers have not only focused on reworking the engine, suspensions, gearbox, exhaust system, brakes and electronics, but also the interior and exterior design; improvements that make the Murcielago LP 640 the most extreme and fastest sports car in its class, placing it at the very top.

The first vehicles will be available in spring 2006. Since the original Murcielago’s debut at the 2001 International Car Show (IAA) in Frankfurt, around 2,000 vehicles have left the car plant in Sant’ Agata Bolognese.

Unmistakable Lamborghini Design

In their reinterpretation of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, the designers at the Lamborghini Style Centre have remained true to the traditional Lamborghini principles of purism, sport and function. The Murcielago LP640 now appears even more aggressive, with the new front and rear bumpers contributing significantly to its appearance. The exhaust system terminal has been incorporated in the diffuser on the rear bumper. Other innovations include the rear lights, which enhance the distinguishing features of the Murcielago LP640, making it unmistakable even at night. The design of the sides is also worth mentioning: while the area behind the air intake on the right side is practically closed, the left side features a vast aperture for cooling the oil radiator. Together with the aerodynamically defined front and rear, this proves yet again that the shape of a Lamborghini is dictated by function.

More Powerful Engine

The engine of the new Murcielago LP640 has undergone outstanding and radical modification. The increased bore and longer stroke have boosted the displacement of the classic 60° V-engine from 6.2 liters to 6.5 liters. Thus the already extraordinary 580 bhp engine power has now been elevated to an impressive peak of 640 bhp at 8,000 rpm. The 12-cylinder engine reaches a maximum torque of 487 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm.

The new Murcielago LP640 features a modified sixratio gearbox as well as a tougher rear differential and new axle shafts. On request, the e-gear automatic gearbox is also available equipped with the new
    dedicated “Thrust” (acceleration programme) mode.

Frame and Chassis: Perfect Harmony

The body of the Murcielago LP640 with its characteristic scissor doors is created from the prized union of sheet steel and honeycombed carbon fiber, glued and riveted together.

Driving, handling and stability at high speed are enhanced by new springs and stabilizers, as well as by a redesigned electronically controlled damper. The "antidive" and "anti-squat" features on the axles, which efficiently prevent so-called "brake diving" and "squatting", have not been changed. The two springs on every rear wheel, the single spring on every front wheel and the damper are placed coaxially.

Optional Ceramic Carbon Brakes

The dual hydraulic circuit brake system equipped with a vacuum brake booster ensures considerable deceleration values. The self-ventilating front and rear brake disks measure 380 mm x 34 mm and 355 mm x 32 mm respectively. The control circuit of the four-channel anti-blocking system (ABS) with electronic brake control (DRP) and traction control (TCS) features a new characteristic curve. The system consists in an electro-hydraulic control unit and four speed sensors.

When particularly high braking performance is required, it is possible to equip the vehicle with 380 mm x 36 mm ceramic carbon brakes featuring six-piston brake calipers.

Even More Exclusive Interior

The seats in the cockpit have undergone the most radical changes; more spacious and equipped with redesigned head restraints, the seats now ensure better comfort. The leather upholstery features lozenge-shaped stitching called "Q-citura". The same design is recaptured on the upholstery on the door panels, the panel between the seats and the engine compartment, and on the roof panel.

A new instrument panel has been developed with lights featuring a new graphic design, flanked by a new Kenwood car radio with a 6.5” widescreen monitor and DVD, MP3 and WMA player. An optional navigation system is also available (standard in Japan).

Damn that car looks good
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

more pics. the diamond pattern looks nice

oops, its a repost............................................ .................................................. .......and i liked the car soooooo much i was hoping to be the first one to post it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carsnut; 02-24-2006 at 10:22 PM.
    I am the Stig

more pics. the diamond pattern looks nice

oops, its a repost............................................ .................................................. .......and i liked the car soooooo much i was hoping to be the first one to post it
    but i still looks good...
    Walk down the river

- Cause the river dont run...

Man looks SO MUCH BETTER than the current model.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill
    Man looks SO MUCH BETTER than the current model.
    i was thinking the exact opposite
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    NO, it was first posted by ME of course
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    NO, it was first posted by ME of course
    '
    only mine are hi-res
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    '
    only mine are hi-res
    Higher res here: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=23497
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Beautiful car, i cant wait to go to lamborghini atlanta and see one of these badboys.

I think the lambo guys have learned a thing or to from Pagani. The seats are like the zondas in there pattern, to bad they cant copy the zondas weight and horse to make a potent new lambo.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Nice rims and a nice car

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    I think the lambo guys have learned a thing or to from Pagani. The seats are like the zondas in there pattern, to bad they cant copy the zondas weight and horse to make a potent new lambo.
    Don't kid yourself in to thinking that Pagani pioneered the quilted seats...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    Don't kid yourself in to thinking that Pagani pioneered the quilted seats...
    i wonder if they wrap the cows in chicken wire to get that effect...
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    this kind of pattern is known easily for about 300 years
    12 cylinders or walk!

man i love that car
    i have been looking at it on google for ages

Thread Information