Thread: Mitsubishi Colt Version-R

Mitsubishi Colt Version-R

Ralliart version for Japanese market

2006 Mitsubishi Colt Version-R
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dracu777; 12-04-2006 at 03:22 PM.

any spec?
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    any spec?
    Perhaps someone can help out with that. The UK press site did not have any material on this model, and all I can find was in japanese on the net. I didn't have the time to dig through all of google's links.

The black wheel arches don't look good IMO. Makes it look plasticky.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Cool car, I just don't like the loooooong rear lights.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    The black wheel arches don't look good IMO. Makes it look plasticky.
    It's a performance sub-compact. What more could you want?

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    any spec?
    IIRC it has the normally aspirated 109bhp 1.5-litre engine found on regular Colts.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    Perhaps someone can help out with that. The UK press site did not have any material on this model, and all I can find was in japanese on the net. I didn't have the time to dig through all of google's links.
    Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Version-R
    Is this the baby EVO?
    by Aki Sugawara

June 2, 2006 - Although compact coupes are still all the tuning rave stateside (albeit not as much as a decade ago), in Japan car tuners have moved on towards tricking out mini-vans and mini-minivans such as the Toyota bB (or the Scion xB here) and Honda Fit. Following the trend, Mitsubishi is bringing out an Evolution-inspired variant of its 5-door hatchback Colt, known as the Ralliart Version-R.

But unlike typical Japanese car enthusiasts that slap Volk rims on a Honda Odyssey and call it a day, Mitsubishi went all out on this zippy ride. Powering the Version-R is a turbocharged 4-cylinder, 1.5L DOHC engine rated at 154 horsepower, which in contrast to most sporty Japanese cars has its torque on tap from the lower RPMs; the peak uncharacteristically comes at around 2000. The car's standard Getrag 5-speed manual transmission boasts clean shifts, and there's an option for a Sports Mode 6-speed CVT. The body has been considerably stiffened, especially around the passenger compartment, giving it torsional rigidity more along the lines of the Lancer Evolution.

Looks too cool to be teased as a mini mini-van.

Other frills include 16-inch alloy wheels with low-profile 205/45/16 tires, which are filled out with larger 15-inch and 14-inch vented disc brakes, a reworked front and rear suspension, and Active Steering Control (ASC) that automatically adjusts braking and engine output, regulating that pesky front-wheel drive understeer.

Factory options for the Ralliart Version-R include Recaro bucket seats and AM/FM CD player or Navi with four additional speakers. An engine starter switch can be installed as a dealer option.

Aluminum pedals and metallic trim accent the spacious interior.

Priced at 1,974,000 yen (strangely enough, for both the 5-speed and 6-speed transmission trims), that comes out to about $17,655 USD--which is a pretty sweet deal for what you're getting. But unfortunately, Mitsubishi has yet to announce any plans to bring the car stateside. And since Honda's just beginning to test the sub-compact market in the U.S. with its 5-door Honda Fit, it's likely that Mitsubishi will take a wait-and-see approach for this new domestic market niche.
    From cars.ign.com

It's so cool it blew a tire while racing a two Integra Type-Rs and a Golf R32 at Ebisu. Note, this isn't a stupid street race, but a professional Best Motoring race.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    It's a performance sub-compact. What more could you want?
    You are right, I guess, but why add the plastic things in the first place? Or at least paint it in body colour
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by dracu777
    Colt Ralliart is sold downunder too and here's a decently informative Webwombat review

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...olt-review.htm

So it has the turbocharged engine from the Colt CZT. This must be pretty mental then.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This looks like it's gonna be a wicked car and very fast. Love the recaros as wel

Just new to this site, but here is some pics of my Ralliart Colt in Australia, hope you like it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information