Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 94.74%
  • No

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UCP Design Competition?

you mean the MAM, mawi? man, I'd kill for that, seeing as my hobby is architecture.

yeah it was a relaly cool experience...i had my picture up in a gallery with a bunch of other high school art for the entire month of february

there was also a public awards cermony in the calatrava portion of the museum

Man, that would be cool. I should sign up for that.

EDIT=Yeah, I remember that!! What did you draw? I probably would remember. They had them all hung up in the hallways near the elevators and connection to the Quadracci Wing, from the back entrance, right?
    Last edited by Esperante; 09-06-2004 at 08:27 PM.

the only thing is...im not sure how well drawings of cars will place in the event...last year i got the silver with a pastel drawing of a bridge in italy...hopefully my lotus will hold up. only time will tell

sounds great to me! Id be happy to participate Whens the date for it to be done for?

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat idea . I think we all should design our own concepts so the best idea can win. By the way you are very lucky guys. In my school there is no art subject!! And welcome back Mawi!
    Thanos is a young boy from Greece who doesn't know what to write in his signature.

I think it sounds a really good idea. I used to really be into 3D modelling, but lost enthusiasm for it. I don't think mixxing drawings with models should be a problem.

As long as the people voting are open minded and consider the design as a design, rather than just the image presented, should be fine. Can I make a wee suggestion though? I'd say that you should keep this thread alive to see how many people are interested, then start a new one for the competition, using a theme for each comp, otherwise its just gonna be a big pile of random looking cars.

So you could start with supercars, track cars, amphibious cars (my personal favourite, I think that would prove interesting), mpvs, suvs or whatever. As long as everyone's on the same page and the theme is suitably different each week/fortnight it should be great.

Count me in.

Alright, due date for entries is going to be 2 weeks from yesterday. This contests theme will be to re-design any defunct car. Does that work? Entries can be of any materials, 3d, photoshop, drawings, etc. will be accepted.

What;;; We should design an existing model;
    Thanos is a young boy from Greece who doesn't know what to write in his signature.

should we enter one sketch?
    or a couple to show all angles?,
    or just the part of the car we changed....some one take charge!!!!!
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

You can submit one sketch with two angles of the car in it, that would probably best fot the comp polls.

What I mean by the theme is to re-design a discontinued car, like VW did with the Bug, Chevy did with the Malibu, the Nomad, etc.

last year i did a peice called 'ponte vecchio' of the ponte vecchio in italy. it was pastels and bout 7x10 ish.

i prob wont enter the design contest here because of my lack of scanner/time. maybe sometime later

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    You can submit one sketch with two angles of the car in it, that would probably best fot the comp polls.

What I mean by the theme is to re-design a discontinued car, like VW did with the Bug, Chevy did with the Malibu, the Nomad, etc.
    Gotcha, sounds great,it will work as long as every one keeps an open mind and focuses on the designs
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Alright make a new tread to begin because this is a poll.

Thread Information