Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news

Is anyone in the LMS going to run RS Spyders this year?

Well, budgets will be a question for everybody, but I hav'nt heard that Acura was slashing things.

Sorry Kitdy, can't help. why are they called spyders? I knew that once I'm stoopid now

[mod edit]

Kitdy? have You heard any rumours concerning Max Mosely surfing websites using a psuedenom ?
    Last edited by Rockefella; 01-11-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Peugeot, Audi and Acura will race eachother at Sebring. That will be the greatest match-up since the 1999 Le Mans when Toyota, Audi and BMW raced head to head.

And your trusted reporter will make his ALMS debut there!
    and Mercedes-Benz too (creating one of the more intriguing moments too )
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Wait, and Audi too? I've heard they have limited their business only to Le Mans 24h this year. In this case will they still be running an R10 in Sebring?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Wait, and Audi too? I've heard they have limited their business only to Le Mans 24h this year. In this case will they still be running an R10 in Sebring?
    Audi is running the R15 at Sebring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Peugeot, Audi and Acura will race eachother at Sebring. That will be the greatest match-up since the 1999 Le Mans when Toyota, Audi and BMW raced head to head.

And your trusted reporter will make his ALMS debut there!
    That was a great race with BMW-Williams, Toyota, and Audi on the podium. Even the Panoz LMP1 Roadster was fast in testing.

I'm excited about round one for the ALMS.

LMP2 is looking very good in the LMS this year.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

More Acura ARX02a shots: Mulsanne's Corner News

They will not do Le Mans with either the LMP2 or the LMP1 car.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

2007 and 2008 LMS GT2 Champion Rob Bell to write for endurance info

back with Ferrari

The British driver plans to race in FIA and LMS with hopes of endurance races (Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, 24 Hours of Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans)

Rob Bell Racing

FIA GT Championship - Driver biography - Rob Bell

Rob Bell : « Looking forward to the challenge » - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

CR Scuderia

FIA GT with CRS Racing with Michelin tires

Le Mans Series with JMW Motorsport with Dunlop development tires

---

ALMS update

Mid Off-Season Recap' : L'American Le Mans Series. MAJ 10/01 - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

LMS update

Mid Off-Season Recap' : Les Le Mans Series. MAJ 11/01 - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite

Interviews

Mid Off-Season Recap' : Les interviews de la rédaction. - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite
    Last edited by togos452; 01-18-2009 at 12:20 AM.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

"We've got another major manufacturer, we met with them yesterday. They are scheduled to make their announcements in Sebring. They will not be able to compete until most likely Long Beach (in April). That's a GT program.
    Any body know any thing about this new manufacturer?

Here is the entire article:

greenfuelsforcast.com

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to this thread. I check on it daily

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Any body know any thing about this new manufacturer?

Here is the entire article:

greenfuelsforcast.com

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to this thread. I check on it daily
    Probably Lexus. Remember they had that V8 powered IS350 saloon program a few years ago that never materialized.
    I'll just speculate and say it's a Lexus SC430, converted from Super GT500 spec to GT2 spec.

As far as other manufacturers, I'm not exactly sure. Could be Hyundai with a Genesis Coupe or Nissan with the 370Z maybe a GT-R...

I'm not too good with French, but apparently Petter Solberg will be driving for Courage-Oreca
    ORECA : Un deuxième Champion du Monde sur la LC70E ! - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 01-22-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Why an SC430 though? Do they sell at all in North America? Why not an IS-F GT?

Or maybe an entirely different manufacturer, though Lexus seems a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Why an SC430 though? Do they sell at all in North America? Why not an IS-F GT?

Or maybe an entirely different manufacturer, though Lexus seems a good choice.
    IS-F is a saloon and the GT2 Touring regs were thrown out.

The SC430 isn't exactly the best base for a GT2 car, but it's already available, with the Super GT car requiring a bit of modification to comply to GT2, but it wouldn't be as expensive as developing something new.

There's also the LF-A, but wasn't that cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    IS-F is a saloon and the GT2 Touring regs were thrown out.

The SC430 isn't exactly the best base for a GT2 car, but it's already available, with the Super GT car requiring a bit of modification to comply to GT2, but it wouldn't be as expensive as developing something new.

There's also the LF-A, but wasn't that cancelled?
    The LF-A would probably be for GT1 too wouldn't it? And I don't see the point of them in GT1. So maybe it is an SC430 or another manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Probably Lexus. Remember they had that V8 powered IS350 saloon program a few years ago that never materialized.
    I'll just speculate and say it's a Lexus SC430, converted from Super GT500 spec to GT2 spec.

Good intuition, I had completely forgotten about the IS350 GT2. LOL IIRC it was going to debut during the 06 season

Thread Information