Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: N.Korea launches missiles against U.S's demands.

How much is an A380 in comparison to a 787?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

During Kim Jong-il’s rule in the 1990’s, the economy declined significantly, and food shortages developed. This is often blamed on political mismanagement and corruption (Kim Jong-il’s has three modest mansion). According to aid groups, millions of people in rural areas starved to death caused by a collapse in the food distribution system. Some food products are deliberately diverted away from citizens and into the military. Large numbers of North Koreans illegally entered the People’s Republic of China in survival.

The U.S. has given tons of food aid to North Korea; 100,000 tons in 2003, but recently has pulled away due to the N. Korean government not allowing the tracking of food shipments, and speculation that it was diverting food supply towards it’s military. North Korea was promised food and fuel aid (among other things) from South Korea, the U.S., Japan, Russia, and China in exchange for abandoning its nuclear weapons program and rejoining the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Amnesty International and other human rights organizations accuse N. Korea for having one of the world’s worst human rights records. Restricting most freedoms (example: no cell phones allowed…arrest able), restricting freedom of speech and movement. Supposedly one reason for the lack of economical expansion, citizens may not even be able to open up stores.

Refugees have testified to the existence of detention camps with an estimated 150,000 to 200,000 inmates, and have reported torture, starvation, rape, murder and slave labour. Japanese television aired what it said was footage of a prison camp, and testifies of refugees. None of these claims can be verified, as North Korea denies the existence of the camps and refuses entry to independent human rights observers.

North Korea has supplied and sold weapons to Iran and Pakistan. Cargo traps of a stash of weapons me and fellows found in Iraq were found to trace back to South Korea, via North Korea import stampings (or something like that); who they were sold to in the first place is unknown.

There goes my mumbo-jumbo.

They have been working on their weapons for years, so maybe they have capabilities. What for, and what may they do? I don't claim to know. Maybe it's for money, but they do already spend 20% - 25% of its GNP on it's military (the U.S. is 4%, but our economy is good); not exactly wise.

Just how bad is North Korea really?
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    How much is an A380 in comparison to a 787?
    Various sources:
    A380 - The list price of the new Airbus A380 superjumbo aircraft is USD218m.

Developed over five years with a budget of 11 billion dollars, the 555-seater Airbus A380 comes with a hefty $275 million price tag.

According to the Financial Times Deutschland, the list price of the A380 rose by 4.7% to between 235.4m euros ($295.6m; £161.9m) and 251.6m euros ($316m; £173.1m) in June 2006.

Dreamliner - The 787-8 variant was priced at a list price of $US 120 million per aircraft, surprising the industry, which was expecting a much higher price tag. There have been two price increases since launch and a 787-8 currently sells for $US 148-157.5 million. The 787-3 is listed at $US 138-143 million, while the 787-9 is listed at $US 178.5-188 million
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

It doesn't surprise me that a smaller aircraft costs less to manufacture. I think they're based on different transportation system models, IIRC. The A380 is based on a hub and spoke system while the Dreamliner works between cities.

Considering the popularity of the 747 when it first flew I've no doubt that larger aircraft, meaning greater passenger numbers, will somewhat counteract the rising cost of travel.

the 787 went for efficiency, and the A380 is by no means an inefficient aircraft, it's just not a geared towards it. Think of it like a Hybrid vs. Bus idea. the Bus only makes sense when it's full.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information