Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modified/Custom Car...?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I think a Clubman/Lotus 7-type car is fundamentally different to most other cars. Why would you turn an MX-5 into a 7?
    Not turn it into a Lotus 7 type car, but use the Miata for parts, such as: Engine, transmission, gauges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    and the hans device... either im getting this wrong or you dont quite know what it is
    You might want to read this again...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    I'd completely strip out the interior but I'd carpet it and put carbon racing seats and harnesses in there
    Firstly why would you want to destroy such an already awesome car that there were onlny like 200 of em built or something stupid
    Yeah, fair enough, maybe start with a Cossie three door then.
    Last edited by MrKipling; 07-16-2006 at 05:16 AM.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Honda NSX-R

Decrease weight even more with carbon fibre parts while maintaining stock or close to stock weight distribution, emphasis on lowering center of gravity and polar moment of inertia.

Increase power and engine responsiveness with lighter/stronger parts to deal with the stress of more power and higher revs. Keep it N/A as opposed to forced induction. Increase displacement by removing the sleeves and going for nikasil coating.

Increase body rigidity through adding structural braces and seem welding, reduce weight by drilling holes in non stress baring members and whatnot.

Increase downforce while reducing drag by cleaning up underbody airflow and moving the radiator to help evacuate air from under the bonnet.

Lower the car by maybe 0.5-1 inch. Use shocks with adjustable dampening (rebound and compression) and seperate ride height and reload adjustments. Progressive springs. Depending on how far the roll center is changed as a result of the lowering, maybe redesign the control arms.

Change to dry sump setup (if possible).

Get a tripple plate clutch and switch to a sequential box with strait cut gears and dog gears with carbon sycros.

Employ stiffer sway bars.

Stock seats are pretty nice so i'd keep em, but put in a 5 point harness with a roll cage and dedicated harness bar thing (don't know the real name)

Lighter/stronger forged wheels but keeping them 7 spoke and 17" to maintain stock look/feel.

And spend a shit load of money on performance driving courses and track days so id be able to take advantage of all these mods .

last thing, for the additional chassis bracing id like to use the glue that lotus uses as opposed to welding since welding weakens the joint itself

this would allow for lighter yet stronger reinforcements leading to a more responsive chassis

It's used an awful lot, but really, genuinely 'lol'. I need one of those for the middle-lane hogs in England!

Great car too, and incidentally - some brilliant posts gentlemen. Some really excellent cars being created: why don't rich people do stuff this cool!

I have another...

Black Ford Sierra RS500 as a base, again fully seam welded with a cage.

I'd fit Ohlins adjustable suspension and the brakes from an SLR, or an Enzo - whatever would fit - carbon bad boys! But I'd fit the silver BBS, centre-locking spilt-rims from the racing RS500 so you wouldn't be able to see them! I'd stick a carbon driveshaft in too.

I'd then fit the latest Reyland Cosworth motor (check out the turbo - reyland.co.uk) which, if memory serves, has about 700bhp and 500ft/lbs from a stroked Diamond Block YB. Another beefy gearbox I think, maybe this one warrants a sequential 6 speeder with a Proshift paddle shifter fitted (check them out - www.proshift.co.uk) I drove one and it's brilliant - you also keep the clutch pedal.

Then I'd take it on the Gumball 3000 and show them how UK motor sport does it!

Firstly why would you want to destroy such an already awesome car that there were onlny like 200 of em built or something stupid

secondly ...

I'd completely strip out the interior but I'd carpet it and put carbon racing seats and harnesses in there, I'm really liking this helmet box idea to I'll have that too with a space for the HANS device, a stack racing dash, alcantara covered cage and 'light interior trims', carbon doors cards and a really good sat-nav system and all kinds of blockers, detecters and lasers.
    whats this about... if you strip everyhting out you dont then go putting shit in that you dont need you dont need sat nav or "lasers" just get it stripped seam welded cage in there and some decent seats, maybe motordrive ones... there so comfy

and the hans device... either im getting this wrong or you dont quite know what it is it attaches to your helmet via 2 clip type things and then the bits that go over your shoulder go under you harnesses... therefor you need race harnesses aswell which you forgot ot add and they dont need any extra room

Now for my car

Id prob start off with something like a 205 GTi or a 106

take absolutely everyhting off em leaving them as shells, cut out diff tunels etc and then cut the arches off so i can have some big wide bubble custom arches put on there made from carbom.

From here i would prob go along the YB cossie engine route use all the cossie running gear burt have a 6 speed dog box in there. proflex suspention all round and run 18 inch wolfrace wheels with some biiiiig brembo brakes on there

interior wouldnt exist, id get a full custom cages multipoint weld in cage and 2 sparco s-light seats, a pair of sabelt 6 point harnesses and ... your pretty much done

oh and duel side exit straight through stainless steel exhaust system
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I'd take a really basic Ford Sierra and fit a small black chevy engine in it, the only clue on the outside would be the two exhausts.

To save weight I'd remove the wheel trims or something ¬_¬

I would take GAZ-13 "Chaika" (the car from my avatar), make it a AWD, fit it with SLR engine, change the front grill a bit, lower it's suspension and lower it's chassis (about a third of it's height) maybe make those "wings" in the back (where the taillights are) stand out more and of course bullet-proof windshields
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

SLR engine ?? i thought the mods had to be realistic

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    SLR engine ?? i thought the mods had to be realistic
    What's not realistic about that one? The funds are suposed to be unlimited, Chaika is a pretty big cow and so if someone could fit an SLR engine into SLK then why not in a Chaika?
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

I've got another one. Take a Chevy 2500 HD with the Duramax diesel. Put in a larger radiator, 6 inch exhaust with smoke stacks, a Banks six gun chip, twin turbos, and better flowing fuel injectors. Then put on a 4 inch suspension lift and a set of 35 tires. Then put on a Warn bumper/bull bar/winch with fog lights and a roll bar with driving lights. Then to finish it off put on full skid plates.

What about a C200 CDI, looking completely standard, hubcaps included, with a 65 AMG engine...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I thought of another after re-reading an old copy of MOTOR and their drive of the 550LM. So, basically what they did to that (CF panels and widebody, aero, engine, brakes, suspension etc.), but with a 599.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

and the hans device... either im getting this wrong or you dont quite know what it is
    You might want to read this again...

I'd completely strip out the interior but I'd carpet it and put carbon racing seats and harnesses in there
    Yeah, fair enough, maybe start with a Cossie three door then.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Mazda Miata with a super/turbocharged rotary engine to 500hp, a wet carbon body, a wing to improve downforce, a rollcage, twin recaro buckets, and 3 point belts.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

ferrari f430 chassis, widened to 80 inches with a much more compact interior so i could fit bigger tires on it(think LMP size lol) with a twin turbo version of the v8 putting out around 700 horses. i would need to improve the airflow to the engine, possibly with naca ducts on the underbody or a roof scoop.

macpherson strut suspension, big carbon ceramic rotors with 6 pot caplipers at the corners.

get rid of anything unneccesary to save weight (radio, ac etc) and have carbon fiber body. the target weight would be 2000 lbs.

the Stock Ferrari sport seats with 4 point harnesses. the wheels and tires from the challenge stradale, albeit much wider.

A regular gated manual gearbox that could also be shifted sequentially using paddle-shifters. (i don't know how they would pull this off but it would be awesome).
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information