Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden dead

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    You know, the U.S. is more like the Roman Empire at the time of the fall.
    and now we have the Foxes and CNNs to break that news....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Let's dance!...& pee.

[QUOTE=f6fhellcat13;966051]Obama's speech was incredibly well done, though I am sort of uncomfortable with grave dancing.

"Grave Dancing"?...as the Sheriff said to John Wayne, in "THE SHOOTIST": "After you're buried, what I'm going to do on your grave won't pass for flowers!" HAR-de-har-HAR! Ben-Laden, Burn in Hell (BIN)! (P.S.- I think it would proper and grande indeed, for everyone near a coast-line to venture there...and pee therein. Maybe at night, holding a candle.)

oh dear
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

“I have a love of this country. Two thousand years ago, we would all have wanted to live in Rome, and now New York City is Rome. This is where the action is"

-John Lennon
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah didn't work out well for John did it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by zuzulo56 View Post
    "Grave Dancing"?...as the Sheriff said to John Wayne, in "THE SHOOTIST": "After you're buried, what I'm going to do on your grave won't pass for flowers!" HAR-de-har-HAR! Ben-Laden, Burn in Hell (BIN)! (P.S.- I think it would proper and grande indeed, for everyone near a coast-line to venture there...and pee therein. Maybe at night, holding a candle.)
    Good luck with that.

Muslim sand ninjas will be there to cut away your little precious...
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 05-04-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: quote has been fixed
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The now-proven fact that he had no weapons when he was shot makes this all kinda worse.
    Also, I have no idea what consequences this action will have. It was definitely right to kill him, but it wasn't exactly what you'd call "legal".
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    oh dear
    Indeed.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    The now-proven fact that he had no weapons when he was shot makes this all kinda worse.
    Also, I have no idea what consequences this action will have. It was definitely right to kill him, but it wasn't exactly what you'd call "legal".
    What is “legal” but another version of what someone else says is right. The world is better without him even if his death wont end the fight. As far as it inciting further terrorist attacks I pretty much assume these guys are and have been planning whatever they can get away with. This may make them more angry but delivering the attacks has also been made harder anyway. I am sure some will get through but they have anyway.

I can never forget the last lines in the film The Kingdom. A story about a terrorist bombing in Saudi Arabia and the US’s military revenge strike.
    At the end two CIA guys are discussing a conversation between one of them, Fleury, and the partner of one of the Americans killed in the attack and what he whispered to her upon the commencement of the mission. It switches between this conversation and the conversation between the grandson of one of the terrorists who was in the building the Americans raided to kill the terrorists, (one being the kids grandfather) and his surviving Aunt. It is brilliant, precise and sad.

Adam Leavitt: Fleury. Tell me what you whispered to Janet, in the briefing, to get her to stop crying about Fran, you know, before all this, before we even got airborne. What'd you say to her?
    Aunt: Tell me, what did your grandfather whisper in your ear before he died?
    Adam Leavitt: You remember?
    Ronald Fleury: I told her we were gonna kill 'em all.
    15-Year-Old Grandson: Don't fear them, my child. We are going to kill them all.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Yeah, the final dialog in that movie pretty much summarize it.

The movie itself was quite good as well.

Agreed on the fact that whether or not they will try to strike back, they surely would have been planning something new anyway.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Massively appropriate quote.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    In Pakistan and in the vicinity of the capital. The Pakistan Government has something to explain.
    Given that ISI helped Al Qaeda and the Taliban to fight American troops in 2001-2002... I'd say Pakistan had little consideration coming. More than that ISI undoubtedly knew where this clown was, and had the expertise to have seized him and delivered him up.

Give it 15 minutes and a new, scary boogie man will be created for the American public to be frightened of.
    Before 9/11 I thought OBL was a joke, that he was just a made up 'boogie man' used for a label to put on the various attacks to make the Intel operations appear to know something about what they were doing.

When it was learned that OBL was responsible for planning the 9/11 attacks I felt stupid for doubting, but at the same time I felt our various agencies had been vindicated.

This American doesn't want a 'boogie man', this American doesn't need a 'boogie man'. I don't think this American is alone in this realization nor do I think I was alone in my thoughts of OBL prior to 9/11.

9/11 changed America in many ways that most of us don't like, we don't like the paranoia, we don't like the encroachment on our freedoms.

I'm hoping we can deal with future threats and 'boogie men' in a more practical manner and I believe we will provided we keep hardcore religious rightwingers out of the WH. At the same time a lot of us will not blow off the idea that next OBL is already out there planning....so when we hear a name connected to any attack we will take it more seriously.

Sadlu, Dino, the lesson to learn about terrorism is it's the guys who dont have a name and have not been heard of before to fear.

The only answer to terrorism is seeking peace.
    Terror only breeds terror and it will then manifest in ways not considered before.

Took Britain 40 years of Northern Ireland to realise that ... and funnily enough the removal of a right wing war-mongerer !!

the supposed successor Al Zawahiri has been tortured for three years in the dungeons of Mr. Mubarrak...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information