Thread: Treating light scratches

Treating light scratches

I have a few light scratches on my car from thorns/bushes that won't wash off. Therefore I need to T-Cut 'em out.

My question is, can I get away with just T-Cutting the scratch areas, adding a bit of polish over that area? Or do I have to do the whole car otherwise it will look uneven?

I want to avoid doing the whole car as a) the rest of the paintwork is very good and b) i'm lazy!
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Using a buffer, they can be removed easily. If you can catch the scratch with your fingernail, it's to much to be buffed out.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Using a buffer, they can be removed easily. If you can catch the scratch with your fingernail, it's to much to be buffed out.
    Seconded...just be careful with an electric polisher, as I've seen amateurs burn the paint by pressing too hard / being too vigourous.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

wasn't there a guy who just started posting recently that does in depth detailing of cars? apart from x2 on the above suggestions, maybe send him a pm.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Hi,
    Light scratches on your car are basically inevitable and removing them can be expensive if you don’t know the right tricks. There are some methods which work effectively in order to remove light scratches from your car.One of those methods includes using a paint restorer and a handheld polisher. While not all methods are guaranteed to work, this method is an effective way to remove light scratches from your car. In order to use this method you will have to purchase a reliable brand of paint renovator or restorer from an automotive supply store. You will also need to have access to, or purchase, a circular polisher or buffer
    Last edited by henk4; 08-12-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: removed spam link

Thread Information