Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of The Car

I did not know there were 75s ever sold here. I actually see 164s from time to time, and other than Spiders those are all you see.

To be honest, I don't even know that much about the 164. The 75 may be better, but the 164 has this strange exotic appeal to me. It's weird.

And look what popped on Jalopnik today. Synchronicity/

Crack pipe.

The 75 was sold in the US as the Milano, not sure about Canadia. I also like the 164, but it's one of those RWD vs FWD things.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

18k? Eighteen grand?!? Are we completely mental?

http://ww3.autoscout24.es/classified...443?asrc=st|as

Although, I'd rather have this.

http://ww3.autoscout24.es/classified...333?asrc=st|as
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

¿What the hell does "Negociable" mean?

Yeah 18k is ridiculous, even it's a rare Quadrifoglio.

In essence, ONO.

Also, if you are going to buy a Tipo4 car, you may as well go for this.

LANCIA Thema THEMA 8.32 Gasolina Granate del 1991 con 130000km en Madrid 30992433
    Visca Catalunya!

There are 0 for sale in this nation.

But yeah, that would be the thinking man's choice. I would love to roll in that.

The Opel Adam makes no sense at all as a Buick.

Buick Boss Not Interested In Opel Adam, Hints At Future Halo Car

What a surprise!

Said no one.
    Visca Catalunya!

You wouldn't buy a Buick David?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I would buy it if it was called the Buick Dunbar.

Imagine of the possibilities!
    Visca Catalunya!

What's this Tesla Model 3 business? It's just the cheapest EV they've made so far right?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    What's this Tesla Model 3 business? It's just the cheapest EV they've made so far right?
    Yes.

Roadster: low volume, high price
    Model S/X: average volume, average price
    Model 3: high volume, low price

I'm not really digging the looks a whole lot, but I'm looking forward to seeing one up close and personal. Wife and I considered putting the refundable deposit down, but I hate being an early adopter, and she's into the Model S more at this point.
    Turning money into memories.

Yeah I liked the renderings a lot more than what the 3 actually ended up looking like. Not S3XY at all...

This is kinda the turning point for Tesla, isn't it? This will determine whether or not all the retail investors have massively overvalued the stock, or if Elon walks the walk.

It is one thing to build a smallish amount of niche cars that have some niggling buggy issues the faithful, fanatics, early adopters, and Kool Aid drinkers will accept, but becoming a legit mass manufacturer is a different story entirely. Will they be able to build so many cars? People are going to be waiting a looooong time for their 3.

An electric car at 35k USD, if its sold at the straight exchange rate will not be near as affordable in Canada with the dollar in the toilet due to: Alberta's dirty oil sands don't make us much money any more (shh! The Loonie is a petrocurrency!) It doesn't matter much. The price is getting there and people are talking about buying one as a second car instead of a loaded midsize care or entry level luxury car. Having a Tesla as a second car negates all range anxiety issues, and that's what Teslas have been to this point: second/third/tenth cars.

Ras, I am also interested to see a replacement/new S. That will be something. I recall a conversation my friend and I had many years ago about the S; the performance seemed unreal, especially when so many new manufactures end up being vapourware. How long did Jalopnik accuse Tesla of being vapourware in the early days? Now, this company could really cause damage in the next 5-10 years... Or go bust. Here's hoping creative destruction reigns. Onwards, Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Yes.

Roadster: low volume, high price
    Model S/X: average volume, average price
    Model 3: high volume, low price

I'm not really digging the looks a whole lot, but I'm looking forward to seeing one up close and personal. Wife and I considered putting the refundable deposit down, but I hate being an early adopter, and she's into the Model S more at this point.
    My cousin also but a deposit down for a Model 3. He owns a Honda Pilot, CRV and a Toyota Sienna. But he also has a family of 7, so I'm not sure how this fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Yeah I liked the renderings a lot more than what the 3 actually ended up looking like. Not S3XY at all...

This is kinda the turning point for Tesla, isn't it? This will determine whether or not all the retail investors have massively overvalued the stock, or if Elon walks the walk.

It is one thing to build a smallish amount of niche cars that have some niggling buggy issues the faithful, fanatics, early adopters, and Kool Aid drinkers will accept, but becoming a legit mass manufacturer is a different story entirely. Will they be able to build so many cars? People are going to be waiting a looooong time for their 3.

An electric car at 35k USD, if its sold at the straight exchange rate will not be near as affordable in Canada with the dollar in the toilet due to: Alberta's dirty oil sands don't make us much money any more (shh! The Loonie is a petrocurrency!) It doesn't matter much. The price is getting there and people are talking about buying one as a second car instead of a loaded midsize care or entry level luxury car. Having a Tesla as a second car negates all range anxiety issues, and that's what Teslas have been to this point: second/third/tenth cars.

Ras, I am also interested to see a replacement/new S. That will be something. I recall a conversation my friend and I had many years ago about the S; the performance seemed unreal, especially when so many new manufactures end up being vapourware. How long did Jalopnik accuse Tesla of being vapourware in the early days? Now, this company could really cause damage in the next 5-10 years... Or go bust. Here's hoping creative destruction reigns. Onwards, Tesla.
    Jalopnik is part of Gawker, which is sensational media. It lives off clickbait, it's not surprising for them to put down a new company. Heck, I would too.

From what I hear the Model S is going to be more expensive when it gets its MMC, which sort of makes sense.

You bring up a good point about oil- especially with it being so cheap, what's the point of a Model 3? You could get a crossover and especially with them being so fuel efficient, it won't really hurt the bank too much. Plus, there's the issue of charging stations still. I'm on the East coast, and I haven't really seen any quick charging stations anywhere. California might be different. What's the charging status in Canada?

From what I've heard, the Tesla Model S is having some quality control issues. How severe, I have no idea.

Edit-

What are your thoughts on a turbo 4 cylinder Cayman and Boxster? It sounds like a mid engined Subaru STI.

Apparently, there are superchargers stations in Canada. That's the extent of my knowledge. It looks like you can drive the Windsor to Quebec City corridor on Superchargers which is actually pretty good. I would rather make a long distance journey like that in a gas car and use an electric car for more daily stuff, but whatever.

And because Toronto isn't the centre of the universe/Canada, it seems as though there a sparing few stations out in the Western provinces. But we've got nothing like the density the US does. It is amazing how many of these things there are.

Thread Information