• Ferrari F50

7 9.72%
  • Saleen S7

13 18.06%
  • Vector WX-3

2 2.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: battle of the supercars

i think your stats are wrong. the Enzo is 660HP not 513. i think that the mclarens F1's 0-60 is 3.2 seconds not 3.1. i also doubt that the F1's topspeed is 220 mph. its world record is 387.7 km/hr whish is 242mph.

Mclaren for me
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by KELSA
    prius, correction dude!

McLaren F1 LM is 75kgs lighter than the standard F1, striped out interior, and further lightened engine & tranmission components. 50 horsepower more than the standard F1, and the LM is said to do 360km/h which is around 220Mph

then whey is the F1 spinning out all over the place if it is tapped, ut the LM stays in place, dones't make sense.

nad did it say the Enzo has 500 Hp, what idiots, any dummy knows the Enzo maxes over 600, even though for some eason according to Car and Driver, the MC12 is slower than an Enzo.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

karrmann stop being such an idiot.

The F1 LM doesnt spin as much because it has more aero parts and better grip ove the STANDARD F1

who cares is the MC12 is slower, just because a car has more BHP doenst mean its faster, doesnt mean that it can beat any other car out there, and to be honest is there anyone that is ever going to get those cars over 200mph other than if they took them on somewhere like the nardo ring or the salt flats
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

All people that have voted for the Saleen are stupid, Americans are only good in building muscle cars and pick up trucks, but for true supercars you have to be in Europe!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Maserati for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    The Mclaren F1 is the fastest production car ever built, invented by gordon Murray, it has 600+ HP and can go 240 MPH. 100 were built. there is also the rareity F1LM where 5 exhist, and it goes 205, but it is heavier, so it handles better and is more aerodynamic, so it is easier to handle than the lightwieght out of control F1. There are F1s still racing on the raciing circuit with the Help of BMW
    Invented by Gordon Murray?

Not really. Concieved by Gordon Murray, maybe, but hardly an "invention".

107 chassis were built with 71 road cars; 64F1s, 5 LMs and 2GTs.

The rarest of them are the GTs, built to homologate the longtail GTRs of 1997, they were appointed to a higher spec than the standard F1.

The LM is geared to 220mph, the combination of shorter gearing, more power and less weight leads to a faster accelerating car.

The F1 is not "out of control". Whoever wrote that pulled it out of their ass.
    It is an opinion apparently opposed more or less 100% by every review I have seen.

People forget about the F1 as time goes by. They think it is an overrated, fan boy car.

People have forgotten the extraordinary extremes that McLaren went to to ensure that the F1 was the best drivers car that will ever exist.

Nearly every component on the car was tailor made specifically for the project. Supply companies rushed forward development of new technologies for the car, such as the super-lightweight aluminium speaker magnets created by Kenwood, the special glass used to remove the neccessity of a weighty de-mist system.

By spending a bit of time on the suspension and steering to get the car in a suitable condition for modern rubber I expect that the car would still be a worthy opponent to any of today's supercars.

Examples such as the Enzo might be faster round a circuit, but, aside from the fact that the F1 was developed to be a pure road car, it is filled to the gunwales with souless electronic systems.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

The F1 LM doesnt spin as much because it has more aero parts and better grip ove the STANDARD F1

who cares is the MC12 is slower, just because a car has more BHP doenst mean its faster, doesnt mean that it can beat any other car out there, and to be honest is there anyone that is ever going to get those cars over 200mph other than if they took them on somewhere like the nardo ring or the salt flats

it's not because ohf HP, it just is the fact that overall it is a bit lower than the enzo.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

I would like to choose McLaren F1 and second choice is Vector WX-3..wow...pretty fast car...

CARRERA GT !!

Walking, indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    All people that have voted for the Saleen are stupid
    Thank you for the compliment, jackass.

Americans are only good in building muscle cars and pick up trucks, but for true supercars you have to be in Europe!
    Saleen S7= muscle car that is up to par with supercars
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

What no koenigsegg?
    You two! Fight to the death!

Mclaren F1 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

Actually the Maserati has less horsepower due to its lighter-than-Enzo weight, and Ferrari didn't want the Maserati to perform better than the Enzo. Although the MC12 looks WAY better than the Enzo.

Thread Information