Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Orion Falcon - First Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    I beg to differ the car isnt all new but its a major overhaul imo. About as diffrent as the ED was to the EF.
    Well ED-EF was similar to AU-BA, same doors and roof but new front and rear end. NF Fairlane recieved a hell of alot of treatment, but underneath it was unchanged. FG has Territory's front end and a new firewall which is a not inconsiderable engineering effort (its the primary crumple zone afterall).
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Well ED-EF was similar to AU-BA, same doors and roof but new front and rear end. NF Fairlane recieved a hell of alot of treatment, but underneath it was unchanged. FG has Territory's front end and a new firewall which is a not inconsiderable engineering effort (its the primary crumple zone afterall).
    And engine,door skins,full interior,gearbox,all skins for that matter ect ect au-ba was absolutly massive!

Although I didnt know the primary crumple zone was also changed i thought this one was more evolutionary (ED-EF for example) as opposed to revolutionary (AU-BA) very glad to be wrong this time.

Styling is subjective but theortically they improved alot on a vehicle that wasnt much worse then holdens billion dollar auto (BFII) so the comming months could prove very intresting indeed I love automotive product wars nothing improves the cars faster too bad where a dieing market
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Well the whole front bodywork has changed, just like the rear did for BA (with the sedan now IRS only, they took the chance to flatten out the rear floor which added alot of strength and was alot safer). The new front end may not lend itself to such changes, but they specifically changed the firewall to better accomodate the V8 (BA was originally built to use the 302, Ford Aus found out too late they were using the 5.4 hence why it sits so high and forward) and i can only imagine they took the opportunity to make the whole unit alot safer.
    I am the Stig

Of course how could i forget the quintessential holden of the past (almost) 30 years started life as a medium sized car? And your berlina would be just heavier (do they put it on vic rego papers like they do here?) at a guess but still 1600 kgs for a mid sized barge is a joke
    My old fav car i still miss it.. Hey we forgot the VP it's 1330kg factory.
    I think my Brother BA Fairmont on the reg says 1650kg?.. Something new we seem to have is cars weights on our reg stickers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    From what I understand it's still a lot of BA/F underneath (which was a lot of AU underneath wasn't it?) with Territory front suspension, and some modifications to the chassis.

Maybe a VS to VT Commodore-esque upgrade?
    I think they tried to kill off AU wiht BA but were left with the tell tail signs in looks, Now this FG has maybe killed off that AU part but carried some BA. So yeah it might be close to VS-VT..
    And engine,door skins,full interior,gearbox,all skins for that matter ect ect au-ba was absolutly massive!

Although I didnt know the primary crumple zone was also changed i thought this one was more evolutionary (ED-EF for example) as opposed to revolutionary (AU-BA) very glad to be wrong this time.

Styling is subjective but theortically they improved alot on a vehicle that wasnt much worse then holdens billion dollar auto (BFII) so the comming months could prove very interesting indeed I love automotive product wars nothing improves the cars faster too bad where a dieing market
    Some have been suggesting that the Territory is a good place to start you thoughts on what the car will drive like minus some weight, As they say front suspension and rear would be almost 100% the same and they are now going into the FG..
    Ive driven a Territory and was impressed, Steering is much better then the BA-BF, It does poodle around corners better goes through roundabouts like a car it feels better planted on the road.
    So much like the feel i got from the VE which was the Calais i drove, I'm thinking it's going to heat up now because they should be on the money with steering sharpness and feel and body control.

Ford just did a slip up, Not long after the VE was released they quoted that Holden spent 1 billion to only match them in suspension, They just slipped up by saying this new Suspension set-up will put them back at the front and holden back to where they should be, "2nd".. So i think even they gave up on trying to fight that it was only matching..
    When MSN took the Omega for a spin he commented on it was the best drivers car also, He had his issues with the car mainly engine transmission mostly (Basemodelssuckshit), Which i think mine were different after being able to drive the better engine transmission package.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Apparently there hasnt been as much carryover parts as Ford has led us to believe:

Ford FG Falcon: much newer than expected - drive.com.au

Also an explanation into the FG model code:

Ford FG Falcon: why FG as a model code? - drive.com.au
    I am the Stig

I thought everyone allready knew about the FG..

I got my mother confused with the letters..

Buy a FG G6 or FG G6E Or FG G6ET.. She said stop being a smart arse with stupid letters and tell me what you are saying.

So going on that it's like VP to VT now..

I was hoping the FG would fix that off centre feel when you drive, You always feel like the steering is just off your centre from the seating position? Has anyone ever felt that before?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Good post fpv the first one was incredibly short and simple and its mostly detials that are the same and very little mechanically thats carried over.

Now that im spending incredibly long hours servicing and protection (btw i got a job in securty to make some extra $$$) im going to be getting some more reading time in so ill be able to keep up on this stuff
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I dont like it.

end of my input.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    I dont like it.

end of my input.
    Damn spammrs

Styling is subjective but theortically they improved alot on a vehicle that wasnt much worse then holdens billion dollar auto (BFII) so the comming months could prove very intresting indeed I love automotive product wars nothing improves the cars faster too bad where a dieing market
    You can't really blame Ford for going with a gradual style change over what happened to them when they approved the AU's looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous View Post
    You can't really blame Ford for going with a gradual style change over what happened to them when they approved the AU's looks.
    But a look in a newspaper article has people bitching and moaning the it (apprently) looks the same Lets not forget they reworked the suspension and entier chassis and ditched 80% of the car lets just point out the fact it looks similar to the previous model.....(the same kind of "car enthusiests" that would pick a mondeo because it "looks" better and then theyll bitch and moan when it comes to a set of $700 brake pads)

And its unkown how reliable this info is it came from the newspaper apprently the standard XR8 mills going to be the boss 290 and the xr6T isgoing to have a typhoonesque 270kw very high for what is essentially a base model wonder whats instore for the GT? a blower prehaps? (GT500kr motor would be cool)

XR8 gets Boss 290, XR6T gets F6 engine with smaller turbo (17nm less torque, same power). No official figures yet for what FPV will be using. There'll be more in common now between the GT and XR8 motors as they'll both be high compression engines.

I think also once Ford get the cars on the road and people can see them, they wont look as similar to the BF2 as so many people think.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    XR8 gets Boss 290, XR6T gets F6 engine with smaller turbo (17nm less torque, same power). No official figures yet for what FPV will be using. There'll be more in common now between the GT and XR8 motors as they'll both be high compression engines.

I think also once Ford get the cars on the road and people can see them, they wont look as similar to the BF2 as so many people think.
    Also minor improvements have been made to the n/a 6 apprently going up to 195kw for the base quite impressive imo fuel ecconmy has improved yet again as well. And adding the xr6t to what essentially was the fiarmont is a good idea although im not bought on the idea of killing off the base model v8 why not use the 260 as the base v8 now?

Well it looks similar from the pics except the nose is MUCH more angled which can change the entier car. As I said these are the kind of car enthusiests that read the NRMA's open road cover to cover, cant take up less then 3 spots at floriade (canberra flower festival)due to their excelent parking abilitys and think that a camry sportivo was actually a sporty car!

Well all engines (I6/T AND V8) recieved a 12% fuel economy decrease... Not bad! That makes it a bit less than the VE!!!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

Thread Information