Thread: The king is dead, long live...

The king is dead, long live...

The dead king being my 1997 Saxo VTS. Its a total loss.

Some 20 yo girl decided that she needn´t stop at a red light. I was just accelerating from a standstill at my red light as it turned green, heard some tires screeching, turned to my left and there she came to nail me. I accelerated fully and hoped to make it, but she hit me on my rear tire (I estimate at 60 km/h). Fully. My car did a 330 degree spin in about 10 mtrs. Yes, that was fast! Thank god nothing happened to me, my passenger, the other driver, or her passenger. Just some sore necks. Her car, a nissan sentra, was really bruised.

I can't say yet the "long live the king" part because I'm still waiting for insurance to pay me. Stay tuned for that part of the news.

This just to tell you to double check at traffic signals.

About the photos. The fingers out of the window one is with the door closed. The hit doesn´t seem that big until you see that rear shot and confirm the whole tail has moved about an inch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by magracer; 03-02-2006 at 06:00 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

well now the prince can reign. ie new car! anything in mind?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Sorry to hear that man .. you must´ve gotten some real good mileage with that Sax
    "In UCP I TRUST".

That's some hardcore camber on the front tire.

By a new C4 VTS

lol second saxo in pieces i see my dad crashed one too (twice) once had a biker on the bonnet and a old women not looking out,causing a 80km/h emergency braking slide into our little blue saxo as is in your case,the frame was also bent.Good luck with this case,my friend. get a C2 or something if you can afford,or perhaps a good BX or xantia is more in your price range (both have that awesome suspension )
    (the saxo was actually one of citroens worst products of the last decade,so you better try others too)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    lol second saxo in pieces i see
    Somebody ran into our old Saxo as well. This was at a hotel parking lot at night, fortunately it was the hotel owner's husband. They left a note and the insurance companies settled the matter. I still had to drive home from Le Mans with an orchestra of wind noise though.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    That's some hardcore camber on the front tire.
    Word.

I'm staying away from french products for a while. The C3 VTS doesn't attract me (0-60mph in 9.0 secs, no way!); the fact that topgear revealed a quality list in which in the bottom 10 there were 5 (?) french cars doesn't help.

This was my second saxo (both 1997 1.6 16v), the first being a good experience and this one being a lemon. When it was working my friends asked if I had it on loan from the mechanic! This as a result of not taking it to a certified garage for an inspection previous to my purchase. I swear, it was finally working well after spilling a lot of money on it and then this girl comes and kills it.

I'm in serious problems trying to replace it because for the money nothing will give me the same thrills. Cars here are sort of expensive... how about a new Clio Sport for around $30.000 euros (USD$36.000)!?!?! I think I'm getting a ~2001 A3 1.8T (chipped to 190hp) or a 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback 2.0 (slow, but nice). I'll decide when I get my money from the insurance.
    Zag when they Zig

I'd get a used RS Clio if you can get hold of one. It's kinda like the Saxo, but loads better. It's a fair old track weapon in the right hands too. Very popular car over here.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    I'd get a used RS Clio if you can get hold of one. It's kinda like the Saxo, but loads better. It's a fair old track weapon in the right hands too. Very popular car over here.
    Yup, that's what I deserve but not what I can afford right now. There are not more than 20 RS in the country, and used ones (2004) should be around eur$25.000 (USD$30.000 )!. But, eventualy "she shall be mine, my precious".
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Yup, that's what I deserve but not what I can afford right now. There are not more than 20 RS in the country, and used ones (2004) should be around eur$25.000 (USD$30.000 )!. But, eventualy "she shall be mine, my precious".
    Ouch, unlucky! There's used ones kicking around here for less than £8000 (182s that is) now. That's about $14,000 I think. Could you get a 205 GTi down there? They're supposed to a good giggle. Or maybe a 206 GTi 180, but I'd suspect that wouldn't be any cheaper than the Clio...

206 GTi's are no where near as fun as the 205 Gti. I think this crash is a sign that you should over-react and buy an Escalade or a similar tank.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    206 GTi's are no where near as fun as the 205 Gti. I think this crash is a sign that you should over-react and buy an Escalade or a similar tank.
    I refuse to drive a SUV. In fact I´m not even keen on four doors. In a nut I'm a hot hatch fan.

After the crash I was actually thinking of buying a Toyota Prado, but my friends laughed it off. Being realistic, I wouldn't last more than a week driving a "big" car before I wanted to sell it.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I'm in serious problems trying to replace it because for the money nothing will give me the same thrills. Cars here are sort of expensive... how about a new Clio Sport for around $30.000 euros (USD$36.000)!?!?! I think I'm getting a ~2001 A3 1.8T (chipped to 190hp) or a 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback 2.0 (slow, but nice). I'll decide when I get my money from the insurance.
    A Skoda would be nice

Thread Information