Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maserati Quattroporte (V) 2004-2012

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    no, it was a specifically designed dash, but with some Citroenesque features. The "eye" started with the GS and then the CX, also the first BX series had it. It turned round and it was nice to see that it ran backward when you riding in reverse, showing about 180 kph
    I don't know about you, but the speedometer is the last thing on my mind when driving in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo
    I don't know about you, but the speedometer is the last thing on my mind when driving in reverse.
    when you are getting old your neck gets stiff and you need to use your mirrors and at the time you can take a glance at the speedometer
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

QuattroPorte....................................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT #3

A More Sporty Quattroporte: Quattroporte Sport GT

The Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT has a genuinely exhilarating personality. It has the dual soul of an executive luxury saloon and the kind of dynamic sports car that everyone longs to drive. It quite literally is a dream come true, combining the space, comfort, exclusivity and hand-crafted personalization of a flagship saloon with the nimble dynamic handling of a thoroughbred GT. A whole host of elements contribute to make the Quattroporte a unique car: its light, compact, incredibly responsive 400 bhp 4.2-liter V8 engine, the Maserati DuoSelect electro-hydraulic transmission, the Skyhook adaptive damping system, the MSP (Maserati Stability Programme), and its Transaxle layout. Plus, of course, Pininfarina’s unmistakably Italian and stylish design.

The Quattroporte Sport GT

The Sport GT version of the Quattroporte was created to further enhance the high performance spirit and sporty character that set the Quattroporte apart from any other executive saloon. From an engineering point of view, the gearbox has been given the most radical overhaul; the Sport button allows the driver to significantly cut gear changing times (which are now 35% faster on average), thanks to a development in the electro-hydraulic transmission system’s CPU. At high engine speeds, the Quattroporte Sport GT’s exhaust system also gives a much deeper rumble to the already sporty sound of the Maserati V8.

The 20" wheels and specific Skyhook adaptive damping software mean a clear improvement in dynamic handling when used in more press-on situations. The wheels, which include the tire pressure monitoring system, are combined with brakes featuring metal weave tubing, cross-drilled discs and titanium-colored calipers.

The car’s sporty character is enhanced by subtle yet significant aesthetic touches. The black chrome of the grille and the side air intakes, for instance, take their inspiration from Maserati’s traditional racing styling cues while the bonnet bears the pierced Trident typical of the Maserati competition cars of the past. The carbon fiber trimmed steering wheel, sporty hand-brake grip and lightweight aluminum pedals complete the Sport GT look.

The Engine - 400 bhp V8

The Quattroporte’s 4,244cc 90° V8 engine is light and compact, weighing in at just 403 lbs. Its architecture is worthy of the most advanced racing engines, punching out a specific power of 95.2 bhp/liter. Chain-driven twin overhead camshafts per cylinder bank command four valves per cylinder with hydraulic tappets. The intake cams feature continuously variable phase timing, and also have a new profile expressly designed for the Quattroporte engine, which optimizes its responsiveness. There is also an electronic drive-by-wire accelerator.

The Quattroporte’s V8 engine has a specific and fluid power delivery curve for top class ride comfort and smooth driving: the revs increase gradually and smoothly and the engine delivers a massive 400 bhp at 7,000 rpm. Over 75% of the maximum torque is available at just 2,500 rpm. Combined with the MDS (Maserati DuoSelect) transmission, it offers maximum pleasure in day-to-day driving as well as in more press-on situations.

Sophisticated Suspension System

The Skyhook system works together with a highly developed suspension architecture offering front and rear double wishbones with arms and hubs in forged aluminum, to deliver blistering dynamic handling and sumptuous ride comfort. Anti-dive and anti-squat geometries prevent the nose diving under braking and the tail-end dipping under acceleration.

Onboard

The Maserati Quattroporte’s cabin combines sumptuous handcrafted elegance with the space and comfort of a car designed to confidently eat up the miles on long journeys. Everything is functional yet luxurious: the controls have been ergonomically laid out to ensure that the driver has them easily to hand and eye at all times without detracting from the comfort of the front and rear passengers.

Onboard quality of life is given absolute priority. The temperature is optimized by a dual-zone climate control and the Quattroporte’s sophisticated computerized system features a Multi Media System color display which includes, amongst other things, onboard computer functions, satellite navigation system and a single CD player. On request, a GSM telephone, TV and DVD player can also be added. Last but far from least, the Quattroporte also boasts the exclusive Bose Hi-End digital audio system which delivers all of the clarity, depth and power of a world-class concert hall.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

It looks very mean in black... very cool!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

This looks awesome, especially in real life!

I have seen a Silver Quattroporte in Vancouver. It's got some real ugly rims on it, some three spoke jobbies.... I just want to punch the driver.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Quattroporte #4
    Piacki some great pictures you took (not only this car). It's quite difficult to get such quality pics of cars just in the wild. As most times the surrounding is disturbant or blocking view. My compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Guara0007
    We have seen this ultra rare Quattroporte II last year on the "Festival Of Speed". I think they havn't made much more than a handful of these cars before Maseratis takeover by Alejandro De Tomaso.
    A Vallelunga! Now thats something you don't see every day.
    Got any more shots of it?

Quote Originally Posted by R5turbo
    Piacki some great pictures you took (not only this car). It's quite difficult to get such quality pics of cars just in the wild. As most times the surrounding is disturbant or blocking view. My compliments!
    Thanks. Sometimes i'm obliged to wait some minutes to get the perfect pic without poeple behind the car (very difficult in Paris like in most of big cities). Most of my pics are chopped . For example, there was a garbage behind the Quattroporte, and i erased it cos it was really too ugly.
    Last edited by Piacki_117; 07-12-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Quattroporte #6

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT #4

My first decent pics of this car.

yummm, I've seen 2 of those already, sssss hot

Thread Information