Thread: Schumacher

Schumacher

Whats your view on him? i think hes a very good f1 racing driver with loads of experience, but i dont watch F1 anymore, you know hes going to win! its going to be a lot more exciting when he leaves, when is he gonna retire? next season?

funny picture attached!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UK CARS; 03-26-2004 at 02:16 PM.

i got nothing wrong with the man. he's still got the passion to stay in shape, work hard with his team and crew, and win every other sunday. why should he retire? if you're still the most dominant figure in your sport, win as much as possible. sure he's got a lot of dough, but its obviiously not about that with him. he wants to drive the most advanced vehicles in the world for the (arguably) greatest racecar company ever and be champion year in and year out. sure he's not the most personable of guys through the media, but, he doesn't need to be. thats not what he's paid for, he's paid to win, and to ferrari, he's worth every penny.

Shumacher is the greast F1 driver in the world
    Last edited by stratos; 04-03-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bige321786
    i got nothing wrong with the man. he's still got the passion to stay in shape, work hard with his team and crew, and win every other sunday. why should he retire? if you're still the most dominant figure in your sport, win as much as possible. sure he's got a lot of dough, but its obviiously not about that with him. he wants to drive the most advanced vehicles in the world for the (arguably) greatest racecar company ever and be champion year in and year out. sure he's not the most personable of guys through the media, but, he doesn't need to be. thats not what he's paid for, he's paid to win, and to ferrari, he's worth every penny.
    Everything you said is correct, and all i meant is i wish other drivers could have a chance........

If he would retire now somebody else would be world champion, but he would never been accepted as such knowing that Schumacher could have beaten him hands down. It's not his mistake that he is in the best car, he devoted most of his racing career to bringing Ferrari where they are now.

this too ..is Schumacher ..

http://www.italiaracing.net/

Dopo la gara Schumacher si e chiuso con gli ingegneri
    in una riunione che è durata un'ora e un quarto. Ha
    voluto analizzare tutti i dati per capire dove si può
    ancora migliorare, per individuare cosa eventualmente non
    abbia funzionato. La forza della Ferrari è proprio
    questa: aspirare a migliorare sempre. E Schumi e un
    punto di forza in questa organizzazione

translation ..

After the /Sepang) race Schumacher got secluded in a 1 1/4 hours meeting with engineers to analyze all the data and understand what still can be improved and find out what may have not worked well.."
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

meh...until Schuey retires, I don't think anyone else really stands a chance. I kinda feel sorry for Coulthard, he's a great driver as well....

in all honesty, i dont like schumi too much, but his driving redefines "world class". also, he plays amazing soccer, did u kno? he played a charity game wit man utd once, and dam that guy knows his footy!!!

wonder wat he's gona surprise us wit next....

ps: nice avatar stratos!
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

thanks

a few other stuff about Schumacher(and a few more)
    http://ms.bridgestone.co.jp/en/hp/b...orner_en?sid=73

"Back then was the golden age of special qualifying tyres, which you could use for F3000 qualifying. The special qualifying tyres only had enough grip to last a lap and a half. They were unique to Japan, so Michael had never used them. On the night before the qualifying runs, he came to the Bridgestone garage and launched into an endless stream of questions. He started with the characteristics of the special qualifying tyres, then went on to ask where the other drivers would go for it, and how fast they would drive up to that point... things we had no idea how to answer.

At any rate, using Kazuyoshi Hoshino's times and other drivers' times as examples, we explained how we thought things might turn out.

Here's where the story gets interesting. Time was passing; it was getting late, but Michael was still checking out his car in the pits. His teammate Johnny Herbert had gone back to the hotel much earlier.

But Michael was still there, looking over two undertrays. He started carefully running his hands over them. Then he called over a mechanic and said, "Can you swap the bottom plate of my undertray with the one next to it? My trayfs all roughed up." The mechanics don't usually swap parts between teammates' cars, but Michael wouldn't take no for an answer and on that occasion they went ahead and made the swap.

That year Michael was driving a Ralt, not a very good machine. But he made the most of his tyres in qualifying and had a great run. He finished second in the race and that was his first time ever driving in it."

And this is interesting about Hakkinen:

"I'm pleased to say that when Michael raced go-karts as a kid, he used Bridgestone tyres. Sometimes he reminisces about those days, and incredibly enough he actually remembers the serial numbers of the tyres! That really took me by surprise!

In F1 too, he can accurately reproduce the conditions of the car and tyres and provide us with accurate information. It's like each lap is recorded on DVD. Even among F1 drivers, that's a rare talent. Most of them have a perfect memory of what went wrong, but not many can remember what went right.

Michael can tell us exactly what happened on each corner, good and bad. As a tyre engineer, this information is very helpful. At the same time, if he doesn't know something, he'll just say, "I don't know." Hoshino is the same way. Drivers who are confident aren't afraid to say straight out, "I don't know." They don't waste words.

And it's not just the races... Michael goes all out in testing as well. I probably shouldn't compare, but when Mika Hakkinen did long-run testing, he went all-out at the beginning and end, but then eased off a bit in the middle. Michael goes flat-out every single lap. He understands the importance of testing, and he does it right. That's another strength of his, this very serious approach to testing.

I recall when Mika did give 100% in testing: after he'd won his first two races and it looked like he could win the championship! But Michael always thinks about the whole season and keeps his motivation high. Even in F1, not many guys can do that.

When Michael goes into the pits on a test, as long as the car isn't actually broken, he'll keep going. He never takes his seatbelt off or anything while the car is being worked on. His mental and physical abilities are tremendous. During pit stops it's just like he's sitting there battling an imaginary opponent.

This year, there was a difficult time when he wasn't winning. There were some tough meetings. But Michael said, "I believe Bridgestone can do it." He was ready to go with the tyres we made. I was really moved. I also felt sharp and focused. That's when I understood his power to lead the team. "

"At Silverstone in 2003, Michael and Rubens went into the pit at the same time. Michael simply said, "They're giving us a tough race, aren't they?" Not only is he always calm, but under whatever circumstances he maintains a positive attitude: "All you can do is your best." Rubens was riled up about falling back in position, but he kept his eye on the future and ran his race. These are drivers who know what they have to do, and do it. When we're giving technical presentations about the tyres, they both pay close attention. It's especially noticeable how seriously Michael takes it.

Rubens is a passionate driver... typically Brazilian."

"As for being superhuman... well, his body fat is only 5%! If he's in a meeting and there's air conditioning that's blowing on him, even the slightest breeze, he'll say, "Could you turn that down?" He's very sensitive to the cold. Even wearing that hot, heavy racing suit, I've never seen him sweat. Me, I break into a sweat just looking at the pit!

But it's not like he's on a strict diet. He eats large portions of meat, he loves fatty tuna sushi. He eats ice cream and other sweets. He eats a lot of pasta. He eats a lot and he exercises a lot. The paddock has a trailer that serves as a training gym, but I haven't seen him work out there much. Maybe he exercises somewhere else. All I know is, if I ate like he does, I'd be three times the weight I am now!"
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

He is a brilliant driver but i dont think hes a very liakeable person...last year in japan after he tied up the championship he got very drunk with his brother and an ex champion of f1 (name escapes me) and threw several appliences out the window of his hotel room...they then later stole a fork lift and done laps of the hotel parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    ...he got very drunk with his brother and an ex champion of f1 (name escapes me) and threw several appliences out the window of his hotel room...they then later stole a fork lift and done laps of the hotel parking lot!
    ha !! ROCK-STAR WANNABEES

Nobody does it like Keith Moon !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    ha !! ROCK-STAR WANNABEES

Nobody does it like Keith Moon !!!!
    I think led Zepplin had some classics like where they hired 7 floors of the hilton hotel and rode their harlys through the hallways and had orgies in the presidential sweet

He's the best ever.

Not because he's the fastest, most talented, most determined or has the most racecraft; but because he consistently excells at everything, without necessarilly being the best ever at anyone of them.

In their absolute prime, I beleive guys like Senna, Prost and Clark would be able to beat Schumacher, in his absolute prime during a full season in equal cars and stuff. But they would never be able to keep themselves on such a high and competitive level for so long during their careers. And eventually Schumacher would, lets say in the course of a decade, win more than them because he would always be so consistent, while they would eventually suffer some ups and downs.

Not that Schumacher is perfect, last year we saw him commiting all kinds of mistakes, but even then, in his worst year at Ferrari, he was still good enough to win the title.

IMO, if you get all the great F1 drivers ever and reproduce a full season with all of the driving in equal cars and at their absolute peak, Senna would be the champion. But if you did the same thing for a full decade with them in equal cars, however suffering from the ups and downs of their careers, Schumacher would come out as the driver to win more races and titles.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Thread Information