Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volvo C30 Concept 2006

Volvo C30 Concept 2006

4 Jan 2006, IDnr. 744

Volvo C30 Design Concept – a smaller Volvo in a nimble and muscular package

At the Detroit Motor Show in early January, Volvo Cars opens the door to the future.
    The Volvo C30 Design Concept provides an indication of what the new Volvo C30 will look like at its unveiling in Paris in September 2006.

The Volvo C30 Design Concept is a sporty two-door, four-seater with a glass tailgate. The sleek, modern look is exhibited in a contrasting combination of two colours; Quite White and Very Bronze. The design clearly reflects several elements from the Volvo Safety Concept Car.
    “Our aim was to give the Volvo C30 Design Concept a hefty dose of muscles in a sporty and compact package,” explains Volvo Cars Design Director Steve Mattin.

ES-inspired tailgate
    The dynamic front is characterised by the angled headlamps and the low, wide grille.
    Looking along the side, the well-defined wheel arches and the sloping roofline gives the car a fast silhouette, which is emphasized by the extreme boat shape of the glasshouse.
    The curvature of the rear shoulders is very pronounced and further enhanced by the horseshoe-shaped tail light pattern and the glass tailgate.
    “This exclusive and nimble glass tailgate is inspired both by the classic Volvo P1800 ES and the SCC concept car. The light pattern is so unusual that you’ll never be in any doubt of which car you have in front of you,” says Steve Mattin.

Full four seater
    The interior reinforces the sporty character of the Volvo C30 Design Concept. The individual rear seats with generous legroom make the car a full four-seater. The rear seats are slightly centred, which gives the passengers an aura of space along with good visibility to the front.
    “The space between the seats also showcases Volvo’s super-thin, visually floating centre stack, bringing it into full view from behind through the glass tailgate", says Steve Mattin.

Space for luggage – when necessary
    The Volvo C30 Design Concept was designed for a customer category that mostly uses the front seats only. The luggage space behind the attractive glass tailgate is designed for everyday loads such as briefcases and sports equipment – with the ability to swallow far larger loads if one or both rear seats are folded flat.

World class audio system
    A first-class audio system is an important part of the driving experience. That is why the Volvo C30 Design Concept has Volvo’s Premium Sound system, with 5x130 W digital ICE Power amplifier from Alpine®, Dolby® Pro Logic II Surround and 10 loudspeakers from Dynaudio® of Denmark.

Five-cylinder turbo engine with 260 horsepower
    Measuring 424 centimetres front to rear, the Volvo C30 Design Concept is no less than 23 centimetres shorter than the Volvo S40, but slightly wider (178 centimetres).
    Under the bonnet the Volvo C30 Design Concept has an in-line five-cylinder 2.4-litre turbocharged engine. It gives the driver 260 horsepower at 5500 revs a minute and maximum torque of 350 Nm between 2100 and 5000 revs. The car is fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox.
    The Volvo C30 Design Concept accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds and its top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

Keeps its promises
    The 19-inch aluminium wheels have Pirelli Corsa 225/35 R19 tyres. There are four-pot brakes from Brembo with aluminium callipers and 330 millimetres ventilated brake discs both front and rear.
    “Sporty driving characteristics are a must to attract this customer category. A car that radiates muscular agility has to live up to its appearance once you slip behind the steering wheel,” says Håkan Abrahamsson, the C30 Project Director.
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to rumours this is very close to the final C30. I like it.

a volvo hot hatch... nice
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

its just the SCC without the the sliding doors...

I don't like the profile design, c pillar is over strechted in my op.

Don't know about the tail lights and rear window, but I like the rest of it. The rims are really nice.

Volvo C30 Concept #5
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Volvo C30 Concept #6

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
    I love it. Volvo at its best.
    If this car makes it to production with this sort of style, volvo have a great car on their hands.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

The only thing missing is RWD. Why not, the knowledge is available through their Ford connections. It the same with Alfa Romeo, nice cars but it needs something extra, RWD can give it just this extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell
    The only thing missing is RWD. Why not, the knowledge is available through their Ford connections. It the same with Alfa Romeo, nice cars but it needs something extra, RWD can give it just this extra.
    What would be the Ford product that is roughly this size ( or in reality, not truck or Mustang-based) that is also RWD?

I like the design of this car, although the rear window looks severely elongated.

The only problem i have is with the Two-Tone! It's HIDEOUS!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    What would be the Ford product that is roughly this size ( or in reality, not truck or Mustang-based) that is also RWD?
    Could they not just use the rear end of the S-Type, Okay its bigger but, that must be possible

Thread Information