Thread: Alonso, you sad sad man

Alonso, you sad sad man

Its no secret which team and driver I support, but I was keenly following the rise of Alonso last year and earlier this year, respecting his obvious talent and positive attitude and wishing him onwards and upwards......... but no more.

His displays of 'sore loser bratness' have turned me right off him and my respect turned into strong dislike. After throwing his toys out the cot and ranting at Ferrari, Schumi, the FIA and just about everyone else for conspiring against him, the dumbass is now claiming his own team are sabotaging him!

The story:

Fernando Alonso has accused his Renault team of not helping him to win the 2006 drivers' championship. To the Spanish press, the 25-year-old reckoned the French squad - to lose Alonso to McLaren at the end of the season - is focusing instead on the constructors' title, now led by Renault after the 2-3 finish in China.

Evidence of Renault's lack of interest in putting Spaniard Alonso on the top step of the podium might be Sunday's strategy and pit errors. 'AS' newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: “They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team.“

He said there is 'no doubt' that the constructors' championship is therefore more important to Renault in 2006, and added that only 'some' in blue and yellow uniforms were disappointed to lose the Chinese GP to Ferrari's Michael Schumacher. “Some others are happy,“ Alonso continued, “because we went past Ferrari in the team battle. They are not helping me as much as they could.“

Lets see what he has to say next year when his McLaren fails to even finish races.

Go Schumi! Pin the tail on this donkey!

and.....Yay Kimi! Welcome to THE TEAM!! Lets see what you can do with a fast car that also finishes races.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Yeah, he's such a wanker. I used to like him too, but he has shown that when things dont go his way he a right little brat. And bitchin bout ure own team?... thats really the pits (no pun intended) And he has the audacity to question Michaels sportsmanship!
    .... preparing for life after Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    Fernando Alonso has accused his Renault team of not helping him to win the 2006 drivers' championship. To the Spanish press, the 25-year-old reckoned the French squad - to lose Alonso to McLaren at the end of the season - is focusing instead on the constructors' title, now led by Renault after the 2-3 finish in China.
    Then how does he explain the fact that Fisichella let him pass through the minute after Schumi got first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread
    Evidence of Renault's lack of interest in putting Spaniard Alonso on the top step of the podium might be Sunday's strategy and pit errors. 'AS' newspaper quoted Alonso as saying: “They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number one to a different team.“
    Makes perfect sense. And isn't Schumi taking number one to a different team by winning the championship?

Bad loser, bad sportsman. He's a spoiled kid witn not enough talent to backup his talk. He might be good. But not good enough to despise humbleness.
    Schumacher has a reputation of being arrogant (in part because he's German I guess) and yet I have never read such stupid reasons to lose a championship from him, and neither has he ever detracted from someone's talent.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

With an attitude like that, I couldn't possibly see him staying in Formula 1 much longer.

Who wants sponsor a guy who says you sabotage him when you lose?

Anyone else remember that attitude he threw when Schumacher won the race?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Stop believing exaggerated claims made by consistently inconsistent websites.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Stop believing exaggerated claims made by consistently inconsistent websites.
    In fairness it wasn't a website that made the claim, it was the Spanish sports tabloid newspaper 'AS'. That doesn't mean to say that it's totally reliable of course. It wouldn't suprise me if it the 'quote' was completely misquoted and taken totally out of context, or perhaps even completely fabricated.

It is possible to see where a journo with an overactive imagination could've gotten the story from though. Flavio Briatore has a bit of a history of giving the cold shoulder to drivers who he knows are leaving the team, in order to stop any other team gaining insider knowledge of whatever developments they may have been working on. Back in 2002 Jenson Button was removed from testing duties and was not given the updated parts on his Benetton-Renault for the final few races as he had already signed for BAR. In 2004 it was Jarno Trulli who cried foul when his car mysteriously became more and more uncompetitive in relation to Alonso's as his departure to Toyota grew nearer. Also, Alonso was conspicuous in his absence from the recent testing sessions, the Renault team citing a mysteriously bruised leg as the reason. The ingredients are there for a good old fashioned conspiracy theory.

However, neither Button nor Trulli were fighting for world championships, and it's just totally unfathomable that the team would willfully sabotage their own driver's title chances. As Renault have said in their press release, the best way to increase their chances of winning the WCC is to have Alonso winning races and the WDC. And with regards to the poor decision to switch front tyres at the first stop on Sunday, it appears the decision was made on the advice from the Michelin engineers, not from the Renault top brass. If Alonso wants to get angry at anyone it should be Michelin. I think this story is either a bit of 'creative' journalism from the 'AS' newspaper, or Alonso really needs to lay off the wacky baccy.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I think it was "AS" that broke the news tha Pedro de la Rosa was substituting Montoya after the fall out with McLaren, a few days before it was official, so the source isn't totally inconsistent, is it?
    Zag when they Zig

The kid has talent, but he should never speak to journalists. He's ego just outgrew the tiny cockpit when he won his first title. So the little Alonso needs to be tought some humbleness. I can't wait to see what he will complain about next year when he has to drag that nice german car around;o)
    I have just no respect left for him after this season. Hope he comes to his senses again though.
    Team Fiattitude

The talents of a great driver dont just lie on the track Alonso really misses out some talents then.....

Sounds like he needs to shut up and drive.

Or maybe he just needs to shut up. I'd pull him now. Forget the last 2 races.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I had never liked Alonso in the first place, never knew why...now I know
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

That is the dumbest thin i ever heard. Because if a team focuses on wining the constructors title a 2-3 finish is MUCH better than a 1-3 finish right?
    what an absolute load of crap. I am ever astonished by the load of crap tabloids manage yo churn out day after day after day...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Anyone that makes it to the pinnacle of motorsports carries baggage induced by ego and competition. I'm with Jack, the media reports are what they are to drive interest, and a story about petulance sells better to the public.

Alonso is as talented as they come. He also has traits that are pretty unpleasant just as Senna, Piquet, G.Villenueve, Mansell, and Hill before him.

Or Schumacher.

Schumi has done some nasty stuff in his career, but like Lauda he's reserved and thoughtful in contact with the media, careful but deliberate in his private affairs, an enthusiastic winner and gracious loser (at least in public). Or, that may be a very studied act that has gotten him 7 (8?) championships.

Oh yeah, another petulant over-rated driver took his fabled skills and went decidedly down-market to the USA ARCA Series, J.P. "Bubba" Montoya. Entry level NASCAR... rubbin' is racin'! He'll fit right in once he gets the hang of Budwieser and pork rinds.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information