Thread: New Chevrolet Corvette Racing plans for 2009 and beyond

New Chevrolet Corvette Racing plans for 2009 and beyond

- Select ALMS races in first half of 2009, then move to GT2 along with plans for independent teams

- committed to cellulosic E85R ethanol

- How does this single GT class lineup with news from October, 2007 from the FIA?

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1436

September 9, 2008

American Le Mans Series :: World Class

Corvette Racing

Bell Motorsports has raced an Aston Martin DBR9 with Dunlop tires and not the latest parts from Aston Martin Racing in 2008. They aren't a partner of them and have built some custom parts for their GT1 machine.

AUTO-RACING - The Online Motorsports Authority - NASCAR Racing Schedule - F1 - Formula 1 - Drag Racing - Motorsports - Indy Car - SPEEDtv.com

Terry Borcheller Professional Race Car Driver, Vero Beach, Florida, Racing for Jesus

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Apparently the Markland efforts will get an official follow-up.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

So there will be only one GT class in 2010?

Corvette in GT2? This is great news I think (at least in the ALMS) - they were running around in GT1 with next to no competition, but to see them against Ferraris and Porsches will be great.

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Were the new ACO rules announced?

How do you know that there will only be a single GT class in 2010?

I guess someone didn't read the press release...
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    I guess someone didn't read the press release...
    Is it in this thread?

If not, I've not seen it mentioned on the sites I frequent.

Reading. Underrated.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Is it in this thread?

If not, I've not seen it mentioned on the sites I frequent.
    Do you chew your own food?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

So where will the new class sit, performance-wise? Current GT2 level?
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    So where will the new class sit, performance-wise? Current GT2 level?
    Slightly above GT2 level.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

A new GT1 class would be great if Saleen built the S5S Raptor, Lambo had a new car, Koenigsegg built the CCGT, etc. but that doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    A new GT1 class would be great if Saleen built the S5S Raptor, Lambo had a new car, Koenigsegg built the CCGT, etc. but that doesn't seem likely.
    You don't think that Porsche, Ferrari, Panoz, Spyker, BMW, Corvette and Aston Martin are sufficient?

(Ted Joans)

They could build GT1 cars, but they don't seem interested except for Aston Martin Racing and Corvette Racing.

Pruett: Corvette's New Direction

More information on Corvette Racing

9-9-08

Motorsport.com: News channel

Thread Information