Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans (June 12-13)

Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    Well, after more than 16hours, the Audi's were only 2 laps behind. That's not that much.
    on every other track it would be not that much, on Le Mans it is over 25 km or almost 7 minutes racing.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My 2 cents say Audi new the car couldn't have run at Peugeot's pace with reliability, while Peugeot knew they could have been faster with no problems. Eventually they did have problems, which is a major fault at this point, and needed to go even faster. End of the race.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    on every other track it would be not that much, on Le Mans it is over 25 km or almost 7 minutes racing.
    My mistake, they were 1 lap behind!

Remember what happened last year to Peugeot #7 and it had to do a whole lap with a flat tire and how much he lost. Also this year Kristensen lost 3 laps just changing the rear wing. 1 lap is not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    My 2 cents say Audi new the car couldn't have run at Peugeot's pace with reliability, while Peugeot knew they could have been faster with no problems. Eventually they did have problems, which is a major fault at this point, and needed to go even faster. End of the race.
    I think Audi was sandbagging a little and scaring Peugeot into over-tuning their cars a lot.

They still were 2.5 secs off comparing fastest laps, and you would think they needed to push when the Peugeots were leading, all of them.
    A solid race from them no matter what happened to the Frenches, but I was expecting a faster R15+.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

It was a good race even if there weren't any particularly good fights. Corvette and Risi was there until the Risi started dying and there was Davidson punting the Corvette off the track, but that isn't really racing I look forward to.

Congrats to Saleen, though. Reports that they were stealing boost from JLOC are being investigated, however.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Congrats to Saleen, though. Reports that they were stealing boost from JLOC are being investigated, however.
    Lol.

Well the two cars I was really cheering for were the Risi and the Saleen. Not such good luck for the Risi but at least the Saleen won the last GT1 running at Le Mans. And with Larbre who are sentimental favorites for me from their Viper work. I was also cheering for something crazy to happen and to have the pugs not take the overall, so that's nice too.

All in all maybe not great racing but certainly an interesting race.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Now what really interests me is why all Peugeots (even the privete ones) happened to break down during the race. All over all, the whole race was full of cars breaking down. Seems like long time durability wins Le Mans.

Kinda off-topic, but... Germany-Australia 2:0 after the first half
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Now what really interests me is why all Peugeots (even the privete ones) happened to break down during the race. All over all, the whole race was full of cars breaking down. Seems like long time durability wins Le Mans.

Kinda off-topic, but... Germany-Australia 2:0 after the first half
    I was praying to Thor to bring down the Hammer of the Gods on their French butts. He owes me one, soo...

Perhaps the reason the R15+ has been so disappointing was that the Audi engineers were spending their time finding inventive ways to sabotage Peugeots cars.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 06-13-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thoughrally enjoyed this year's race. Watched it from the start till about 3.00AM then got up again at 8.00AM and watched non stop till the end. Amazing pace considering all of the rule changes for the diesels this year. Also it's the first time any diesel engine has failed at Le Mans aswell I think. They certainly seem to blow up pretty violently...

Good race but quite a bit of attrition, some of it self-inflicted. Didn't think so many would end up in the tires at Arnage, but this morning that corner seemed like fly paper. The Corvette guys deserved better after heroic efforts getting the car back out in 5th after the crash caused by Davidson, so it was heartbreaking when the same engine issue that stopped #63 took #64.

And was anyone else put off by Davidson's comments about pushing the #63 Vette into the marbles at the Porsche curves? Seemed like a strange interview: thanks to Michelin, the team, etc., etc. and then he cockily addresses the incident as Collard's fault, he should have known to give him more room? Astonishing attachments. His interviewer was probably so surprised, he forgot to ask Anthony
    about that last pit in.

Anyway, kudos to Audi, again. Peugeot may be faster but it's who finishes that counts. Let's hope we see some GT1 or 2 diesels soon.
    Herr Rudolph would be pleased to see what has become of his invention!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

The Audi R15 was designed mostly for the ALMS, and it retains a lot of those features-great for a twisty, shorter track(and Peugeot has admitted as much), but of little use or importance at Le Mans.

Interested in what turned the 908s into 3 of the world's most expensive blow torches-lean down the air fuel mixture and melt some pistons, or did the LM-spec nose valence panels cause the Pugs to overheat?

I expected that the Pugs would have trouble, but I didn't expect all four to DNF, even though the #3's tub problem wasn't unheard of(Peugeot had similiar issues at Sebring in both '09 and '10).
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Guys, this is really embarrassing but I didn't even know Le Mans happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Guys, this is really embarrassing but I didn't even know Le Mans happened already.
    That's what Peugeot said.

So what happened? I missed ALL of it...lol

Good on Audi, apparently they broke the all time distance record too....I guess they were fast enough to force Peugeot to run til they broke...and amazingly all of them broke....Hope Audi makes a sequel to Truth in 24.....

Montreal was fun....processing photos now...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information