Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Subaru Legacy (5th gen) 2009-2014

I'm the first to admit that Admitting a Camry is a better looker than this is probably the hardest thing I've written on this forum - I love the legacy/liberty for it's quirky charm, capable engineering and downplayed styling.

This one looses all thats important - it's butt ugly (something only the Impreza can get away with because it's somewhat youthful). The loss of the Pillarless windows is bluntly unacceptable and lazy engineering, and symptomatic of a company thats lost it's way.

And furthermore....Focusing on the differences is what made Subaru a cerebral choice. Granted there are 4WD sedans out there these days but none of them have the history or prowess Subaru rocks like a badge of pride.

It depresses me no end to Watch an engineering based company come up with cost driven solutions.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I'm the first to admit that Admitting a Camry is a better looker than this is probably the hardest thing I've written on this forum - I love the legacy/liberty for it's quirky charm, capable engineering and downplayed styling.

This one looses all thats important - it's butt ugly (something only the Impreza can get away with because it's somewhat youthful). The loss of the Pillarless windows is bluntly unacceptable and lazy engineering, and symptomatic of a company thats lost it's way.

And furthermore....Focusing on the differences is what made Subaru a cerebral choice. Granted there are 4WD sedans out there these days but none of them have the history or prowess Subaru rocks like a badge of pride.

It depresses me no end to Watch an engineering based company come up with cost driven solutions.
    This. But very this indeed.

(Didn't I had to play the devils advocate? Damn... )
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

Spot on buddy. But hey, there's always the mid-model change to look forward to.

Come to think of it, Subaru hasn't been so smart lately. B9 Tribeca anyone, the ugliest POS in the world?

As a die-hard Scooby-doo fan, I'm terribly disapointed with this new Legacy.. as I was with the Forester.. and restyled Tribeca. It seems Toyota has been designing their cars.. They used to be strange (or ugly as you saw it), but they were unique. Now their just plain japanese. I hate it. Let's just hope it drives better than it looks.

Not my style, but that's pretty typical for Subaru.
    I actually really liked the previous model...

BTW - Could that gear knob be any larger?

Subaru Legacy Mk5 #4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Subaru Legacy Mk5 #5
    Visca Catalunya!

Subaru Legacy Mk5 #6
    Visca Catalunya!